Takashi Miike

wenn sie den japanischen originalton drauf lassen und deutsche untertitel raufpacken bin ich glücklich :wink:

[quote=“clown”]
wenn sie den japanischen originalton drauf lassen und deutsche untertitel raufpacken bin ich glücklich :wink:
[/quote]

It includes “OT” and subs! This is a statement made by an official of REM! This is so cool!

[quote=“CPS”]
cps:

I really wait for this movie!

hehehe, if someone speaks japanes, he could translate me the Website:

http://www.izo-movie.com/

Boba Fett:

Wait isn’t my boy Takeshi Kitano in that one? I’m definetly gonna have to see that. And guess what boys and girls, I just got Fudoh in the mail from netflix today! Yay, hurrah for Buono.

cps:

Yes, take a look:

http://www.izo-movie.com/flashsite.html

here some information: Miike! Kitano! A Samurai Film! So cool it'll freeze your drool!

Boba Fett:

Takashi Miike needs to be anally electrocuted for the ending of City of Lost Souls. ÂÂ

WORST FUCKING ENDING EVER

Bullet:

That’s a good point. I mean it was pure bullshit, Miike should’ve been slapped hard for that.

ÂÂ

Hisayasu S:

I’am totally Miike- Addicted. I’ve seen: ÂÂ

Agitator

Andromedia ÂÂ

Audition ÂÂ

Blues Harp ÂÂ

Bodyguard Kiba

Bodyguard Kiba 2

City Of Lost Souls ÂÂ

Daisan No Gokudo

Daisan No Gokudo 2

Daisan No Gokudo 3

Dead or Alive ÂÂ

Dead Or Alive 2 ÂÂ

Dead Or Alive 3 ÂÂ

Family

Fudoh- The New Generation ÂÂ

Full Metal Gokudo ÂÂ

Go ! Go ! Fushimi Jet

Gozu ÂÂ

Graveyard Of Honour

Guys From Paradise ÂÂ

Human Killing Machine

Ichi- The Killer ÂÂ

Jingi Naki Yabo

Jingi Naki Yabo 2

Kenka No Hanamichi

Kikoku

Kintaro- The White-Collar Worker ÂÂ

Kishiwada Shonen Gurentai

Kishiwada Shonen Gurentai 2

Kumamoto Story ÂÂ

Last Run

Ley Lines

MPD Psycho

MPD Psycho 2

MPD Psycho 3

MPD Psycho 4

MPD Psycho 5

MPD Psycho 6

Naniwa Yuukyôden

Oretachi Wa Tenshi Ja Nai

Oretachi Wa Tenshi Ja Nai 2

Part Time Detective

Peanuts

Rainy Dog ÂÂ

Sabu (Theatrical Version) ÂÂ

Sabu (TV  Version)

Shangri- La

Shinjuku Outlaw

Shinjuku Triad Society ÂÂ

Silver

Tennen Shôjo Man

Tennen Shôjo Man 2

Tennen Shôjo Man 3

Tennen Shôjo Man Next ÂÂ

Tennen Shôjo Man Next 2 ÂÂ

The Bird People In China ÂÂ

The Happiness Of The Katakuris ÂÂ

The Man In White ÂÂ

The Men In White (2)

Violent Fire ÂÂ

Visitor Q ÂÂ

And I LOVE them ALL ÂÂ

cps:

And do you think there is a chance to see IZO on the big screen - maybe in some art house theatres - or will it be a direct to DVD being film?

[/quote]
Hisayasu S:How did you see all those? Are you Tom Mes in desguise? I love Miike.

My list:

In no order

Ichi The Killer

DOA 2

Fudoh

Audition

DOA

Full Metal Yakuza

Happiness of the Katakuris

Visitor Q

Shinjuku Triad Society

City of Lost Souls

Ley Lines

Deadly Outlaw Rekka

DOA 3

Izo

I need to watch half of my Miike collection.

takashi miike is an awsome directors but i have like only seen six of his movies…

DOA trilogy

audition

Ichi

deadly outlaw rekka

thats like all movies i have seen by him…

is one missed call a good movie?

Haven’t seen any new stuff of his recently. But I’ve had plenty of time to revisit some of his work familiar to me. In the process, I’ve rearranged a few titles on my favorites list.

DOA2 leaps over Ichi and is now my favorite by him—As of now.

Happiness/Katakuris jumps up behind Audition

City/Souls leaps over Triad Society. This one just seems to get better everytime I see it.

I’m gonna check out one of his early works this week, Born to fight. Said to be a BIG favorite of his.

which of his other movies are as brutal as ichi?

[quote=“al bundy”]
which of his other movies are as brutal as ichi?
[/quote]

Full Metal Yakuza is almost is bloody as Ichi. But cheaper.

Visitor Q is just sick and disturbing. I’m really surprised that so many people don’t have any problems with that one.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Visitor Q is just sick and disturbing. I’m really surprised that so many people don’t have any problems with that one.
[/quote]

Visitor Q was one of those films that I really wanted to hate, but just couldn’t. I didn’t like the film, but it’s was damn funny in parts.

has anyone seen the ichi the killer mangas

Mahbad. A few posts above, I got Born to Fight mixed up with The Way to fight. Speaking of which, that sucker just crashed into my top 10. I loved everything about that movie. Time for another favorites-list update

DOA2

Ichi

Gozu

Fudoh

Rainy Dog

Happiness/Katakuris

Audition

The Way To Fight

Full Metal Yakuza

DOA1 (Bird People/China is a better film than this, but it doesn’t have the repeat vaule as this one) does)

Iv’e only seen about 16 of his films, but my favs so far are

DOA2 (brilliant film)

Gozu

Bird People in China

My least fav so far is Fudoh, other than the begining hit in teh bathroom which is awesome. THough Iv’e loved pretty much all of his films Iv’e seen…

I like DOA 2 because it takes most of the things I loved about Ichii and the things I loved about Bird People in china and mixes them up!

If your learning abotu Miike, you have to see Ichii and Bird People in CHina both before making judgments…

I haven’t seen Audition though and I hear lots of people call this his masterpeice.

[quote=“helu”]
I like DOA 2 because it takes most of the things I loved about Ichii
[/quote]

To me, DOA2 is like “Miike’s Greatest Hits”. Everything that you would expect from a Takashi Miike film is in here and it’s all done well.

Here’s an analysis I wrote about it from another board:

Melodrama-Miike can tell a straight story if he wants to. And he can certainly tell a dramatic straight story. Here he gives us a look at newly reunited boyhood friends who happen to live life on the dangerous edge in an urban jungle rather than their innocent early lives spent on an orphanage in a remote island. The scenes where the grown men re-live their childhood at the playground is very touching. In fact, the underlying theme of innocent children becoming murderous adults has never been presented quite like this before.

Horror element-Appears briefly, but it’s presence is felt when a young Mizuki (Sho Aikawa) leaves the island and sees what’s waiting for him at his foster father’s house. The haunting scene is expertly shot, quite Kubrickian, and brings memories of Audition.

Musical/Dance sequence-Fans of Happiness/Katakuris might enjoy the scene where the hitmen participate in a local musical play.

Yakuza/Triads-The mafia war that’s intercut with the above musical sequence is really one of the most strongest and intense sequences ever seen involving gang conflict. Innocent bystanders fall victim, screaming gang members empty their handguns on one body alone, barehands and swords are used and heads fly. It’s exaggerated, but savage.

Sexual innuendo-A Miike film usually isn’t complete without one scene involving sex…And normal sex isn’t often in Miike’s forte. Get a load of the guy who has the most largest “member” in the world.

Supernatural element-Exactly how does Mizuki pull out that brick behind his back when confronted by the gangsters? Is that a trick his magician boss taught him? Does it also explain how he mysteriously floats in focus when he re-unites Shu? And are the angelic-bird wings that suddenly emerge from Shu and Mizuki are objects of the mind or are they really grown? Such symbolism is usually open to interpretation, but at times Miike likes to throw the audience off-guard with with unatural moments. Like the severed head who opens his eyes in Fudoh or the dead body who suddenly grabs his brother in Ichi The Killer.

The climax of DOA2 also has a situation involving 2 men who should have been dead A LONG time ago and this can also be viewed as dark humour.

Film techniques-Another indication on how Miike likes to play with film.

Grainy, 16mm footage used as flashbacks.

Stock video footage of children in Africa.

The sound of man’s dying voice is literally slowed down on film.

Computer animation (Not your typical CGI) used on a man’s death scene.”

Link to Miike´s new movie WARU:

Takashi Miike: Trailer zu Waru: Final

Does anyone knwo why it started only in one theatre in Tokio? Not that much. :o

[quote=“Laydback”]
Musical/Dance sequence-Fans of Happiness/Katakuris might enjoy the scene where the hitmen participate in a local musical play.
[/quote]

Happiness of the Katakuris rocked, to say the least.

[quote=“Tanukihime”]
Link to Miike´s new movie WARU:

Takashi Miike: Trailer zu Waru: Final

Does anyone knwo why it started only in one theatre in Tokio? Not that much. :o
[/quote]

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 626.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,5626.0.html</LINK_TEXT> :wink:

Did anybody see him in Hostel I almost fell out of my seat, i was shocked and happy to see him :laugh:

I finally saw his “Banned” entry on the Masters of Horror series,“Imprint”. A lot of guys apparently hated this, but I think it’s Miike’s greatest recent achievement.

Here’s a tip, once you pretend that the cast is speaking Japanese, you’re sure to appreciate it a lot more. Having everyone speaking english is just too distracting and baffling.

If you really wanna learn about Miike’s bizzare style watch Fudoh, Ichi the Killer, Audition, Vistor Q, Happiness of the Katakuris (more weird than bizzare), Gozu and Izo… After watching these you’ll find out why all the fuss about this director and you’ll truly understand his style… These movies are the ones that reflect his unique style the most… After watching these you can start watching the others…

I own:

Ichi the Killer

Audition

Fudoh: The New Generation

Visitor Q

Happiness of the Katakuris

Gozu

Izo

City of Lost Souls

Full metal Yakuza

Black Society Triology

Yakuza Demon

One Missed Call

Andromedia

The Bird People in China

Sabu

White-Collar Worker Kintaro

Young Thugs: Innoecent Blood

MPD Psycho TV Series

These are the only ones I found in HMV… can u believe that they dnt have the DOA Triology? I asked them if I can order it and they told me it was discontinued… Same thing with Battle Royale (Kinji Fukasaki)… Another one I wanna watch is Deadly Outlaw Rekka but can’t find it either…

To Me Miike is an extreme bizzare Asian mix between Quentin and Rodriguez!

Another cool new Asian Director is Park Chanwook famous for his Vengeance Triology…

I just ordered from Amazon.ca:

DoA Triology

Family

Bodygaurd Kiba

Osaka Tough Guys

The Way to Fight

Deadly Outlaw Rekka

Silver

The Negotiator

The Imprint

3 Extremes

Now I have all Takashi Miike’s DVDs available on region one!!! Waiting for Family 2, Bodygaurd Kiba 2, Zebraman, The Graveyard of Honour to be released! WOOHOO… God I love Christmas and new year… MONEY MONEY MONEY…

[quote=“themack”]
3 Extremes
[/quote]

Takashi Miike’s segment, “Box” is the worst story of the three. The best, however, is directed by Park Chan-Wook called Cut. That one is fucking genius. Talk about being on the edge of your seat…