Takashi Miike

How many people like his movies?What is your favorite.I love his movies.My favorite is Ichi.

Ugh, yet another Miike fan who has only seen Ichi. :-/ On the VC forum I started a topic there. Go look at that one.

[quote]Ugh, yet another Miike fan who has only seen Ichi.  :-/ On the VC forum I started a topic there. Go look at that one.[/quote]
I have seen Fudoh,Dead or Alive Final,City of lost souls,and Audition.

Dead or Alive kicked ass until the last 2 minutes.

DOA: Series

Ichi The Killer

Full Metal Yakuza (Can’t remember much)

Vistor Q

Fudoh: The New Generation

Audition

ah fuck I can’t remember. Anyways what films have you seen or liked by this incredible director. He’s not my favorite, but damn is he good or what!?

There’s actually a Takashi Miike post already on this forum, but it’s so old it might not even be worth dragging back out. Anyway, my thoughts on Miike: my favorite director. He’s outrageous, stylish and willing to make cinematic experiments no matter how out of the norm they may be. I already posted my list on my forum earlier today so I won’t again, just add City of Lost Souls, Happiess of the Katakuris and Bird People in China to Bullet’s list.

Miike is the fucking man…out of the movies he’s directed i’ve seen.

Shinjuku Triad Society, Rainy Dog, Ley Lines, Fudoh, Ichi, Audition, Dead or Alive trilogy, Happiness of the Katakuri’s, City of Lost Souls, Full Metal Yakuza, Bird People of China, Vistor Q, The Guys From Paradise, Gozu, and Sabu.

Out of those I think my favorite is either Happiness of the Katakuri’s or Audition…then Fudoh or Ichi or any Dead or Alive. Fuck me…they all kick ass. ;D

Where did God come from all of the sudden? (And that is quite odd to say…)

Takishi? If youre gonna start a post about a director at least get the name right.

Theres already a post open about Takashi Miike, why are you starting another one?

[quote]Where did God come from all of the sudden? (And that is quite odd to say…)[/quote]

He's Kentucky Fried MotherFucker, with added overblown ego. ;D

Hahahahahaha! You kids and your deifying …

AW you guys fucked up the Miike topic :frowning:

Oh well. There is another open. And I can his name right at least. :smiley:

[quote]AW you guys fucked up the Miike topic  :frowning:

Oh well. There is another open. And I can his name right at least.  :smiley:[/quote]

How so? There’s no harm in a little side discussion, is there? I’ll make sure it doesn’t get too out of hand. :wink: (Given you aren’t talking about the masses of people complaining that this is a duplicate thread)

But, just because I’m here, I’d like to say that I love Miike from what I’ve seen thus far! (Which amount to Ichi the Killer…I’ll see more soon…maybe the Audition, although some people here are spoilering bastards when it comes to twists…I hope it isn’t ruined for me…)

The slightest bit of Audition spoils it.

Sorry Holiday :frowning:

[quote]The slightest bit of Audition spoils it.

Sorry Holiday  :frowning:[/quote]

It’s cool. Just don’t do any more! Please… :-[

is it pronounced “Meeike” or “Mike”?

My favorites

1.Audition

2.Ichi the Killer

3.Visitor Q

4.Happiness of the Katakuris & Dead or Alive (They’re tied )

Fuck, I’ve seen like 50 topics about this guy, but this is the first that’s spelled wrong.

[quote]Where did God come from all of the sudden? (And that is quite odd to say…)[/quote]

hehe, there is no God.

[quote]

hehe, there is no God.
[/quote]

Oh yes there is. ;D

http://www.churchofreality.org/god.htm