Subtitles

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I looked around and didn’t see anything.

Any idea why all the subtitles are white except when GoGo “penetrates” that guy, they appear in green.

[quote]I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I looked around and didn’t see anything.

Any idea why all the subtitles are white except when GoGo “penetrates” that guy, they appear in green. [/quote]

Because it is a FLASHBACK so the subtitles will be in a different color.

PULP DOG

[quote]

Because it is a FLASHBACK so the subtitles will be in a different color.

PULP DOG[/quote]

I doubt that’s true just because it’s a flashback…Remember, the whole O-Ren/Boss Tanaka scene is a flashback as well but the subtitles were yellow for that…As were all the other subtitles in the movie.

Personally, I don’t think it has to do with anything. There’s no specific reason. It’s just a different style for that particular scene.

The subtitles to Lady Snowblood were green, so I assumed it was an homage to that film as Quentin has said it was an influence.

[quote]

I doubt that’s true just because it’s a flashback…Remember, the whole O-Ren/Boss Tanaka scene is a flashback as well but the subtitles were yellow for that…As were all the other subtitles in the movie.

Personally, I don’t think it has to do with anything. There’s no specific reason. It’s just a different style for that particular scene.[/quote]

Ok, my second idea is maybe because they were intoxicated.

You know, DRUNK AS HELL. Or maybe because they’re very evil people.

PULP DOG

[quote]

Ok, my second idea is maybe because they were intoxicated.

You know, DRUNK AS HELL. Or maybe because they’re very evil people.

PULP DOG[/quote]

I think you’re looking a little too deeply into this…They’re just subtitles…

when I watched the movie all subs were white, then again i watched it with dutch subs. so i don’t think the colour of the subs are that important, otherwise they would’ve done it as well here

Maybe it had to do with the color of the background? I really can’t remember, but was the background where she pentrates the guy lights flashing and bright? Which would make white on top of that kind’ve hard to read. I’m not sure, that’s just a guess, but really who cares?

My Lone Wolf & Cub DVDs have this type of coloring in the subtitles. They’re used to identify which character is talking so the audience won’t get confused.

I wanna penetrate gogo ;D

Whoever can’t figure out who’s talking without colorizing the text should jump off a mountain. Seriously, it’s like “Do you wish to penetrate me?” HMMM I WONDER WHO’S TALKING, FUCKING MORONS

[quote]I wanna penetrate gogo ;D[/quote]

Me to ;D

[quote]

I think you’re looking a little too deeply into this…They’re just subtitles…[/quote]

“Looking to far into this?” It’s what the fucking topic is about dumb shit. Think before you type. I’m just tryin to answer the question best I can.

You shouldn’t look at me, look at the guy who started this topic.

[quote]

“Looking to far into this?” It’s what the fucking topic is about dumb shit. Think before you type. I’m just tryin to answer the question best I can.

You shouldn’t look at me, look at the guy who started this topic.
[/quote]

“Think before I type”? “Look” at the guy who started the topic?! What the fuck are you talking about? The topic was started by a guy who is confused about why the subtitles are a different color. Not about analyzing what the difference in color could “mean”. I gave my two cents by saying it probably isn’t a big deal, which it isn’t. Yet, you then started associating the color green with “DRUNK AS HELL” and “evil people” which makes even less fucking sense than your previous comment. Pull your head out of your ass already.

[quote]

“Think before I type”? “Look” at the guy who started the topic?! What the fuck are you talking about? The topic was started by a guy who is confused about why the subtitles are a different color. Not about analyzing what the difference in color could “mean”. I gave my two cents by saying it probably isn’t a big deal, which it isn’t. Yet, you then started associating the color green with “DRUNK AS HELL” and “evil people” which makes even less fucking sense than your previous comment. Pull your head out of your ass already.[/quote]

Spoken like a true prodigy, Webster! :wink:

[quote]

“Think before I type”? “Look” at the guy who started the topic?! What the fuck are you talking about? The topic was started by a guy who is confused about why the subtitles are a different color. Not about analyzing what the difference in color could “mean”. I gave my two cents by saying it probably isn’t a big deal, which it isn’t. Yet, you then started associating the color green with “DRUNK AS HELL” and “evil people” which makes even less fucking sense than your previous comment. Pull your head out of your ass already.[/quote]

[size=5][b]I want you to stop whinning. It's not very manly, unless your not ver manly.[/b][/size]

PULP DOG

I watched the dutch version also, but there the subtitles are all in white, this causes tehm to be unreadable in some scenes where the bg is too bright.

btw does someone have the total translation of the french subtitles, from sophie, you know;"Burn in hell stupid, stupid blonde. I’ll tell you nothing!"

but then in french

aight, the dutch visitors are growing in numbers, welcome to the forums.

I can’t help you with the french subtitles, but I just wanted to say that Sofie rocks and yes indeed, the white subs are sometimes unreadable.

the subtitles in the german version are all in white … no green, no yellow …