Stephen King

The Mist is awful - don’t watch it people!

The Mist was awesome. I’ve seen it twice already and I may just see it again. Can’t get it out of my head.

When is ‘Cell’ coming out? That sounds interresting

After Eli finishes Trailer Trash, he’s doing Cell.

I haven’t read Cell as of yet, but you know it’s gotta be good. Stephen has been a real close friend of Romero’s so it’s going to be close to his style. Also I think Eli Roth is perfect for it - he has a genuine love for this kind of cinema unlike Zach Snyder who completely fucked up Dawn Of The Dead. If you look at a great horror film like Cabin Fever you can spot a few Romero refrences, like the screwdriver to the ear and the ending also resembled the Night Of The Living Dead ending.

The Dawn of the Dead remake is better than Cabin Fever and Hostel combined.

What the fuck are you talking about! The fucking remake sucks ass! Shit man even Resident Evil is better than the Dawn Of The Dead remake. And the whole zombie baby gag that they added was so retarded. Hostel I have mixed feelings, but Cabin Fever fucking kills, I really like it. Zach Snyder should stick to graphic novel adaptations.

If we’re gonna talk retarded scenes, Eli Roth is not the best guy to defend. Cause I could write a fucking Bible about that hack.

I wouldn’t call him a hack. Sure his writing is not his strongest attribute as a filmmaker but he’s a great horror director - no doubt. Just name one good thing about the Dawn remake. Personally I don’t see why there needed to be a remake in the first place…

I’m against remakes in general, because normally they are directed by untalented hacks. But if directed by someone who knows his shit, we can also end up with something like The Thing and the Fly.

One thing which was good in the Dawn of the Dead remake? The awesome opening credit sequence with Cash playing in the background.

Down with the sickness over the opening montage. I’ll admit that was pretty neat. But after that I just tune out. Fast running zombies and an annoying twat for the lead - so tedious. And for like 50 minutes all they do is stay inside the mall doing absolutely nothing! But who cares the original is still around so…

Nope, they played “The Man Comes Around” in the opening montage. “Down With the Sickness” they played in the closing credits (which rocked hard ass too).

The main difference between you and me is that you seem to have a problem with running zombies, and I don’t. There is no way in hell people could rise back from the dead in real life, that does not mean you cannot enjoy Romero. And in the case of Zack’s remake, this whole thing makes more sense than you think. Because the zombies in the remake were not rotten corpses and did not come out of a graveyard. They were living people who got bit and infected much like 28 Days Later.

You cannot criticise the movie on the basis that they stay 50 minutes inside the mall either. In the original they stay far longer than that.

[quote=“JohnnyFavorite”]
The Dawn of the Dead remake is better than Cabin Fever and Hostel combined.
[/quote]

I agree!!!

And in the case of Zack’s remake, this whole thing makes more sense than you think. Because the zombies in the remake were not rotten corpses and did not come out of a graveyard. They were living people who got bit and infected much like 28 Days Later.
[quote=“JohnnyFavorite”]
Nope, they played “The Man Comes Around” in the opening montage. “Down With the Sickness” they played in the closing credits (which rocked hard ass too).

The main difference between you and me is that you seem to have a problem with running zombies, and I don’t. There is no way in hell people could rise back from the dead in real life, that does not mean you cannot enjoy Romero. And in the case of Zack’s remake, this whole thing makes more sense than you think. Because the zombies in the remake were not rotten corpses and did not come out of a graveyard. They were living people who got bit and infected much like 28 Days Later.

You cannot criticise the movie on the basis that they stay 50 minutes inside the mall either. In the original they stay far longer than that.
[/quote]

I know they stay inside the mall for the entire movie, but I mean the mall in the remake isin’t really used in the same way as Romero did. In the original not only was it the subject of social commentary about people and consumerism and how meaningless things have taken over our lifes - it is also about survival and trying to stay alive every single day. And some people went crazy like Roger, he loses it and dies! Not in a million years would I have thought that he was going to get bitten the first time I saw it.

There just isin’t anything remotely interesting in the remake. (Maybe the Ken Foree, Savini, and Reineger cameos are worth catching). And why was Romero kept out of it in the first place? I’ll tell you why, it’s because Zach Snyder is an ignorant, egotistical motherfucker - that fucker thinks he’s Spielberg or some fucking body! I hate that cocksucker! There’s a remake for The Crazies in the works and Romero is a part of it. The same with the Day Of The Dead remake, Romero is a part of that too.

I’m pretty fuckin’ sure George has nothing to do with the Day of the Dead remake. If he did, I officially feel embarrassed for him. The trailer of that movie is abysmal and there are STILL reshoots being done on that piece of shit.

No arguement here! ;D

IMDB reports that Romero is a part of it, but I think it just credits him for the old screenplay. That movie is a mess. And there isin’t anything remotely close to the original Day Of The Dead! They’re just using that title to lure the old fans, just like they capitalized on the Dawn remake they want to do the same thing here. Hope they cancel that project.