Stephen Chow DVDs

[size=120]cd wow offers:[/size]

1:

[size=120][b]Kung Fu Hustle: Uncut Edition (5.1/ DTS) - DVD Region 3[/b][/size]:

[img]http://images.cd-wow.com/images/2/1106562779_big.jpg[/img]

Available: 22. Feb 05
Discs: 1
Time: 95Minuten
Region: 3 (South Asia)
Audio: Cantonese - DTS 5.1
Subs:: English, Chinese
Ratio: 1.85 (Widescreen)
Anamorphic: Yes
Encoding: NTSC

And the best thing:
#A limited postcard set (2 pcs) only free for first 2,000 order

Price: 14,99 € (no s & h)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

# 2:

[b][size=120]Kung Fu Hustle: Limited Collector's Gift Set - DVD Region 3[/size][/b]

[img]http://images.cd-wow.com/images/2/1106638673_big.jpg[/img]

This is a collector's gift set limited for [b]5,000 units[/b], and including:

* Deluxe Leather DVD Gift Box
* Full Length Uncut DTS Version
* A Certification With Individuate No.
* A Plastic Hand Print With Stephen Chow's Signature
* Kung Fu's Booklet
* Kung Fu Hustle Film Record (Photo Album)
* #Kung Fu Hustle's Limited Watch
* #Lunar New Year "Fai Chun"
* #A Postcard Set (2 pcs)

Discs: 1
Time: 99Minuten
Region: 3 (South Asia)
Audio: Cantonese - DTS 5.1
Subs: English, Chinese
Ratio: 1.85 (Widescreen)
Anamorphic: Yes
Encoding: NTSC

Price: €78.99 (no s & h)

Thanks CPS, you just saved my life. I was going crazy not knowing when this was going to be released. Thank god HK films get dvd release this soon (wasn’t the theatrical release just a while ago). The dvd is also listed on cdwow.com, should be a little bit cheaper there.

And CPS, didn’t you order some cool looking special edition of Shaolin Soccer. When you get it pleace tell us if it was a good quality release. I probably should get that film but I’m not sure which dvd is the best. Shaolin Soccer was release here in Finland too but it was that damn Miramax cut so I suppose I lost half of the film watching that.ÂÂ

There are some rumours about some fine Special Editions of Kung Fu Hustle (with S.C. autograph and some other stuff), but no one has confirmed this. That´s the reason, why I ordered the cd wow version.

Well my [size=120]SHAOLIN SOCCER[/size] version.

I ordered it from eastwestdvds (a german company - but they deliver also in other countries, the HP is in english). The guys are reliable and I can recommed this company when it comes to asian DVDs:

eastwestdvds.de steht zum Verkauf

It comes with 3 discs and includes the three ;D ;D versions! That´s was they reason for me to order this version.

Audio: Cantonese, Mandarin

Subtitles (removable): English, Korean, Chinese

Features: Anamorphic Widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1, dts,

3-Discs Ultimate Edition,

Includes Theatrical Version (102 min), Original Chinese Version (112 min) and International Version (88 min),

Making Film, NG File, Special Effects, Music Video,

Photo Gallery, Highlight, Theatrical Trailer, Trailer

Distributor: Spectrum [Korea] 2005

I’m going to be a very poor man soon:

Kung Fu Hustle:

Asian Limited Gift Set Edition include:

• Deluxe Leather DTS DVD Box Set
  • Collector Stephen Chow’s Plam Figure And His Signature
  • Kung Fu Hustle’s Collection (And Photo Album)
  • Special Kung Fu’s Booklet
  • Own Certificate and Number
  • Full Version Of Kung Fu (Including The Unseen Footage - Original Stephen Chow DTS Catonese Version)
  • “Kung Fu Hustle” Watch
  • 2005 Calendar
  • Lunar New Year “Fai Chun”

Release date: 22. Feb 05

(From layoyo.com)

Sorry, I couldn’t find a pic anywhere. The price is going to be about 30 euros (layoyo). The real problem is going to be the shipping cost.

[size=120]LAYOYO offers:[/size]

1:

[size=120] Kung Fu Hustle VCD[/size]:

Publisher : Columbia Tristar Home Video

Video: NTSC

Audio: Cantonese

Subtitle: Chinese¡]Traditional¡^¡þEnglish

Disc No: Two

Special Features:

• Unseen Spot Of Stephen Chow

HK$50

2:

[size=120][b]Kung Fu Hustle DVD[/b][/size]

[i]Information about the cover are needed.. (Please contribute)[/i]

Publisher : Columbia Tristar Home Video
Region Code : 3
Video: NTSC
Audio: Cantonese (DTS): Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitle: Chinese ¡]Traditional¡^¡þEnglish

"DVD First Edition will have a SPECIAL Packing & Stephen Chow's Signature!!"
(This product is a collectable item of strictly limited stock. Get it now before it's too late! Kindly notice that no further notifications will be given in case of sudden alterations.)

From the site:
[i]Above info on bonus gifts has been provided by the product supplier. This product is a collectable item of strictly limited stock. Get it now before it's too late! Kindly notice that no further notifications will be given in case of sudden alteration[/i]

We need some more informations about this set...

Price: HK$95

30€ cant be right

I started thinking this myself, 30 euro simply can’t be right. There must be a mistake with the price. It should be the correct dvd though because the shipping is by 18 delivery units (normal dvd is usually one unit). I’ll e-mail layoyo about this.

There’s a similiar looking box on sale at yesasia (search engine can’t find it though) and it’s about 130$. And then there’s even more special editions for this film at yesasia.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://global.yesasia.com/en/artIdxDept … on-videos/”>YESASIA: Stephen Chow - All Products - - Free Shipping</LINK_TEXT>

[size=120]

Charmes: offers:[/size]

1:

[size=120]Hong Kong DVD Limited Edition with Giftset[/size]

Director: Stephen Chow

Starring: Stephen Chow, Wang Shen Yi, Yuen Wah, Yuen Shiu

Language: Cantonese

Subtitles: English, Chinese

Genre: Action, Comedy

Code 3, DTS, 5.1 Surround, Widescreen

Limited Gift Set: Deluxe Leather DTS DVD Box Set, Collector Stephen Chow’s Plam Figure And His Signature, Kung Fu Hustle’s Collection And Photo Album, Special Kung Fu’s Demo Booklet, Own Certificate and Number, Full Version Of Kung Fu - Including The Unseen Footage - Original Stephen Chow DTS ( Cantonese Version), Kung Fu Hustle Watch, 2005 Calendar

Kung Fu Hustle Limited Edition = 59,90 €

______________________________________________________________________________________

2:

[size=120]Kung Fu Hustle Hong Kong DVD[/size]

Hong Kong DVD

Director: Stephen Chow

Starring: Stephen Chow, Wang Shen Yi, Yuen Wah, Yuen Shiu

Language: Cantonese

Subtitles: English, Chinese

Genre: Action, Comedy

Code 3, DTS, 5.1 Surround, Widescreen

______________________________________________________________________________________________-

3:

they also offer a VCD for 11,50 €

Layoyo’s price was correct :o

The bad thing is that it just went up, but only about 5 €. So it’s about 35 € now+ shipping. They will still charge by the original price if you alredy made the order (I didn’t, damn). Now I need to get money to my account and make the order before the price goes any higer.

Their response to my e-mail:

“Dear Mikko Koivisto,

Kung Fu is HKD$345.00 now, it’s the correct prices,if you had placed the

order, we will not charge you for the new prices.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused in this case. Should you have any

queries, please feel free to contact me.”

Bad news about the Hong Kong DVD Limited Edition with Giftset:

Important notice :- This item will not have

“Kung Fu Hustle” Watch, “2005 Calendar”, & “Lunar New Year-Fai Chun” due to distributor cancel the above extra gift.

That was from dddhouse.com. I have my own order at layoyo and I just emailed them about it.

I collect movies, not knick-knack

[quote=“Contrai”]
[/quote]
I want my movies (not all though) as all kinds of weird special editions. They look cool on your shelf (if they fit there) and you can make your friends jealous. But they make mee poor, too.

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
I have my own order at layoyo and I just emailed them about it.
[/quote]
They replied and said they are currently investigating the whole thing and will inform about it later.

[quote=“Contrai”]
[/quote]

well said. but you want value for your euros

I got it (after some serious problems with finnish customs). I’t a fucking huge box set (size 242415 cm).

Icluded:

Deluxe Leather DVD Box Set (size 16205 cm)

Stephen Chow’s Plam Figure And His Signature (size 20206 cm)

Exclusive Kung Fu Hustle booklet

Kung Fu Hustle’s Movie Photo Album

Own Certificate and Number

And of course the dvd itself

[quote=“clown”]

[/quote]

@ Hung Fist:

REVIEW? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote=“CPS”]
@ Hung Fist:

REVIEW? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Maybe later, I’m quite busy this and next month, but maybe I’ll find some time. But I promise to make a review at some point. After the high school is over (about 1 more month) all be back with more Shaw Bros reviews, too.

btw, I have a bigger hand than Stephen Chow. Just tested. ;D

There seems to have been some sort of mix-up with Kung Fu Hustle dvds. Some HK releases had Malaysian dvd instead of the correct one. For example some people who bought their copy from cdwow got the wrong dvd.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://p088.ezboard.com/fhongkongdvdsge … 7660.topic”>http://p088.ezboard.com/fhongkongdvdsgeneral.showMessage?topicID=7660.topic</LINK_TEXT>

There are at least different soundtracks and subs in these releases. I don’t know if there are other differences.

HK dvd

Malaysian dvd

Special features:

Audio Commentary with cast and crew

2 Deleted Scenes

Blooper Reel

TV Special - Behind the Scenes of KUNG FU HUSTLE Featurette

Ric Meyers interview with Stephen Chow

International Poster Exploration Gallery

In case someone doesn’t know already: the US dvd of Kung Fu Hustle is cut. Theatrical release was uncut, though.

just watched shaolin soccer (miramaxed version).

i hate chow. i hated kung fu hustle, and shaolin soccer is just as bad. lousy jokes, bullshit story, stupid cgi. me and my buddy were laughing all the way through. its so bad its almost good haha. bruce lee would spin in his grave