Sound effects

Im looking for sound effects of a hand gun cocking a had a video explosion disc that had everythiung you need on there and there really good but i have seemed to lost it does anyone know of a site where i can get effects for free?

[quote=“Jjp”]
Im looking for sound effects of a hand gun cocking a had a video explosion disc that had everythiung you need on there and there really good but i have seemed to lost it does anyone know of a site where i can get effects for free?
[/quote]

findsounds.com

search for 16-bit sounds

Make your own sound effects. More fun that way.

You need:

A gun

A computer microphone

A sound recorder program

Making foly can be hours of fun!

yea well im not old enough to buy blank guns im only allowed to buy airsoft guns.

Grab your dad’s…? I’ve done this plenty of times before I was actually able to buy my own years later.

when ever i press on one of the FX it says plug in error and i have the latest version of quicktime.

nevermind i got it working and into my editing porgram thatnks alot for the site.

[quote=“Jjp”]
nevermind i got it working and into my editing porgram thatnks alot for the site.
[/quote]

no problem. great site for AM filmmakers

I usta pick up sounds effects directly from other movies…I did a short starring my little brothers, most of the sound effects are from famous movies:

-a rocking table from pulp

-a few gunshots from butch cassidy and the sundance kid

-…

it’s pretty crappy, but I had fun! :stuck_out_tongue:

i can hook my dvd too my computer…i was thinkning about taking the shotgun cocking sound effect from pulp fiction.

I just saw an interview with Perry Ferrell (lead singer for Jane’s Addiction) - he just put out a new album that he made 100% of in his house on a PC - according to him it had less than $5000.00 of software/hardware. This stuff is starting to get really affordable and VERY high in quality - it won’t be long until average joe’s like ourselves can start making professional-quality music or movies with a very small budget.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I just saw an interview with Perry Ferrell (lead singer for Jane’s Addiction) - he just put out a new album that he made 100% of in his house on a PC - according to him it had less than $5000.00 of software/hardware. This stuff is starting to get really affordable and VERY high in quality - it won’t be long until average joe’s like ourselves can start making professional-quality music or movies with a very small budget.
[/quote]

duh. ya dude ive been doing this stuff for years.

yea if you shot a movie 16mm got it transfered to a external haard drive in HD and edited on mac using final cut or Avid on PC you could make it fairly cheap.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea if you shot a movie 16mm got it transfered to a external haard drive in HD and edited on mac using final cut or Avid on PC you could make it fairly cheap.
[/quote]

hate to start an argument, but transfer from 16mm is most definately NOT cheap, unless you have a buddy at a lab or something. Film is extremely expensive. So doing what you are talking about would most definately NOT be cheap. If you have the money for film stock, shoot 16 or 35mm. If you dont, stick with DV or HD. Shooting at 24p and being a good DP will give you almost the exact same effect as pricy film stock in all its glossy glory.

yea i was talking cheap film wise because i cant stand video. it would be alot cheaper too edit a 16mm film transfered to video rather than making a 16mm print or blowing it up to 35mm and editing the film.

How is film edited? Does it have to be transfered first?

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
How is film edited? Does it have to be transfered first?
[/quote]

yes the negative is scanned into an Avid editing bay (usually that is…) then the film is digitally edited.

you have an attitude problem…and you could probably fix it by taking your 54 posts and shoving them directly up your fucking ass.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
you have an attitude problem…and you could probably fix it by taking your 54 posts and shoving them directly up your fucking ass.
[/quote]

wow that came out of no where.

what the fuck did i do to you dog?

well, since you have 55 posts now I’ll forgive you.