So Tarantino says he wants to write comics?

I found him an artist!

nice stuff. but who said that he wanted to write comics?

I’ve seen the statement in a printed interview, don’t recall which one, maybe Rolling Stone or EW. But the most recent was on the comic book site Newsarama!

The statement about Sin City style graphic novel is really what inspired me to try and send him some sample work. In the first interview, he had hinted that it might be more of a Japanese MAnga look about it. But Sin City is far more gritty and crime looking.

Here’s the quote from the site:

• • • •

BY HEIDI MACDONALD

Fresh off the triumph of #1 film KILL BILL VOL. 2, director Quentin Tarantino may be the next Hollywood hotshot to turn to comics. Asked about his future plans for The Bride, the star of both KILL BILL films, Tarantino told Zap2It “I have an idea about writing, like I did for the animation section in ‘Vol. 1,’ a Japanese anime feature about the origins of Bill – how Bill became Bill, you know, and deal with his three godfathers – Esteban Vihaio, Hattori Hanzo and Pei Mei," he says, adding that for other ideas about the Bride or any of the DiVAS, he might do a "Frank Miller-style graphic novel or something.â€?

Tarantino, a professed comics nerd who uses a conversation about Superman and Clark Kent based on Jules Feiffer’s The Great Comic Book Heroes as the climax of KILL BILL VOL. 2, has made similar comments in most of his recent interviews about being interested in doing comics.

--------

yeah but he didnt do those anime things himself. he cant paint or draw. and i think he’d rather stick to professional companies rather than internet artists, dont you think?

i dont wanna discourage you but… you know…

Thanks for the discouragement, but I happen to be a professional artist that works for professional comic book companies. LOL Is there such a thing as an internet artist?

That would be a graphic artist no?

Nice pics, Kody.

tarantino says a lot of things that you shouldn’t really believe.

inglorious bastard, indeed.