Snatch

I love the film Snatch by Guy Ritchie, the dialogue is excellent as is the music and it is piss funny. Quotes such as…

Brick Top: "In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary… come again."

Vinny: "I thought you said he was a getaway driver. What the fuck can he get away from?"

Tyrone: “I don’t want that dog dribbling on my seats.

Vinny: Your seats? Tyrone, this is a stolen car, mate.”

… just crack me up.

I liked his first film, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels a lot too but I think Snatch is better. I was wondering what y’all think of it, especially you Americans because Guy Ritchie is kind of like the Britich equivalent of Tarantino only he isn’t if that makes sense. There is a lot of cockney in there and there might be many things you don’t get. Anyone here share the same passion as me for the film??

Yes, London. You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary fucking Poppins… LONDON.

Yeah - I love both films and know a lot of QT fans hate him - whatever.

I like both Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrells and Snatch, but not as much as some of you Brits seem to. Ritchie just strains too hard to be witty and funny and cool, and very much of it ends up being extremely hit or miss. Tarantino’s characters and his dialogue seem to have a much more natural feel and flow to them than Ritchie’s.

Oh yeh, don’t get me wrong I aint trying to compare Ritchie with Tarantino, there aint no contest, Tarantino wins hands down. I just wanted to know what Americans think of his film. I agree sometimes Ritchie does try too hard to be witty and cool and doesn’t succeed in the same way Tarantino does. However, Guy Ritchie is a great writer and most of the dialogue and one-liners he writes are brilliant.

I prefer Sexy Beast as a viable British alternative to any of Ritchie’s films. I like both Ben Kingsley and Ian McShane.

Any of you guys seen Gangster No. 1 with Paul Bentley? That’s another good Tarantino-like British film about gangsters.

Yeh it were coming on TV a few months ago but some of the dialogue was just so lame as well as some of the acting and I had allready missed like an hour of it so i decided not to watch it. Is it worth watching?

yeah, good movie.

Ok I’ll rent it then while i’m out renting Driv3r, Red Dead Revolver and Euro 2004

Gangster No. 1 was okay.

Sexy Beast is one of my favorites now - first time I saw it I hated it but it grew on me and I think it’s classic material.

Formula 51 is funny - Robert Carlyle and Sam L have excellent chemistry together. While the story is over the top they deliver some great dialogue throughout the flick.

What is Formula 51? When was it released? The only Robert Carlyle and Sam Jackson film i’ve seen is 51st State! Are these the same film??

I love Snatch for the great plot, the great dialogues, scenes. I love London, and that’s exactly where events of Snatch happen. It’s just so perfect. And it is better that Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, it’s funnier and cooler.

The characters - Brick Top, Turkish, Mickey are just perfect. And I still wonder HOW the hell Brad Pitt could act a gypsy SO great. It’s his best role.

And how do you write the word that they used instead of gypsy? I can pronounce it but I can’t write it.

Ahh, just found the script. Now I can read all the great conversations.

And it’s Pikey. Cool word, I’ll always call Gypsies like that.

[quote=“Ify”]
What is Formula 51? When was it released? The only Robert Carlyle and Sam Jackson film i’ve seen is 51st State! Are these the same film??
[/quote]

you probably now know it but i’ll answer your question anyway…

Yes!

Snatch is brilliant, personally I think Lock, Stock is better, but at the end of the day its really splitting hairs, they’re both awesome.

“Your walking down the street carrying a wasted girl and a bag of fertilizer…YOU DONT LOOK YOUR AVERAGE FUCKING HORTICULTURIST!”

love, honour and obey is another british gangster film. i didn’t like it that much thugh.

i loved snatch and lock, stock. gangster no. 1 was pretty awesome too. i own it.

up!

for Tim :wink:

Great film. I hope Guy Ritchie has more films coming up

He does indeed, it’s called ‘Revolver’ and starts Jason Statham and Ray Liotta…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news … s_id=16433”>http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16433</LINK_TEXT>

He was going to make a western some time ago, I’d have loved to see a Ritchie western. He might have been influenced by QT for that, I hope he does still make a western though as much as I hope QT makes a (spaghetti) western.

I love snatch, and lock, stock… And of course I knew about his new movie, and I can’t wait for it !

[quote=“Bleach”]
Ahh, just found the script. Now I can read all the great conversations.

And it’s Pikey. Cool word, I’ll always call Gypsies like that.
[/quote]

CAn you post it of you can ? I haven’t it, and I’d like so much. I want to know what exactly Brad Pitt says because sometimes it’s hard to understand him !