Short DVD release information

Real shame I already own the Redux version. Bummer.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Real shame I already own the Redux version. Bummer.
[/quote]

I got it too, but lately I’ve been yearning to re-watch the original '79, which I don’t own (Had it on VHS but gave it to my cousin)

If “Hearts of Darkness” was included, this would be a no-brainer for me to buy. Nonetheless, I’m still interested in this package!

well that package is great and also offers lots of nice extras.

but i’d also like to see one with hearts of darkness although i’ve seen that documentary already.

seems like its owned by coppola’s own company…

i’d say a nice package to pick up anyways, if there’s a way to sell a dvd you already own. of course a must buy for anyone now owning this masterpiece already.

Finally:

25 years on, “Blade Runner” will finally be seen as it should have been from the beginning. After years of legal issues and skirmishes, Warner Bros. has managed to sort out all the problems and is aiming for a September reissue of the remastered “Director’s Cut” version, followed by a theatrical release of a version promised to be truly Ridley Scott’s final cut reports Variety.

The sci-fi classic had a troubled history from the start: When Scott ran overbudget, completion bond guarantors took control of it and made substantial changes before its 1982 theatrical release, adding a voiceover and happy ending.

That version was replaced by the much better-received director’s cut in 1992, but Scott has long been unhappy with it, complaining that he was rushed and unable to give it proper attention.

Scott started working on the final cut version in 2000, but that project was shelved by Warner soon after due to rights issues. The restored “Director’s Cut” will debut on homevid in September, and remain on sale for four months only, after which time it will be placed on moratorium.

“Blade Runner: Final Cut” will arrive in 2007 for a limited 25th anniversary theatrical run, followed by a special edition DVD with the three previous versions offered as alternate viewing: Besides the original theatrical version and director’s cut, the expanded international theatrical cut will be included. The set will also contain additional bonus materials.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060526c.php

nice news

peace hotel:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/peace-hotel.html

a better tomorrow UE:

<LINK_TEXT text=“TOP 15 Best DVD Releases of 2019 - Select a Good Movie to Watch … ition.html”>http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/a-better-tomorrow-ultimate-edition.html</LINK_TEXT>

A Better Toworrow Ultimate Edition seems rather disappointing. Picture quality is basically no better than the poor Anchor Bay version. It’s less grainy, but also softer. Still much better than the old UK release. HK remaster by IVL/FS is unwatchable (great picture and audio, but it’s skipping frames and the image freezes for a moment every now and then). Korean release is the worst (HK port, but missing original mono).

Personally I’m waiting for the upcoming HK Video release (maybe early 2007)

These upcoming releases are gonna make me poor:

June 21: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet (Toei), Executive Koala (Avex Trax)

June 23: Death Trance (Media Blasters), Survey Map Of A Paradise Lost (Artsmagic), Yakuza Graveyard (Kino), Cops vs. Thugs (Kino), Lemon Angel (Full Media), Yokubou (Bandai)

June 26: Days of Being Wild & As Tears Go By (fixed, cantonese versions) (Tartan)

so what are the best available DVD so of ABT and ABT2 ?

ABT 1: All dvds available are weak, but the new UE should be okay. Anchor Bay is extremely grainy, and there’s a 10 second audio drop out during the first scene. It should be sharper than Optimum, though. Avoid the Korean release.

ABT2: FS’s HK release (only available in the OOP box set) should be fine (haven’t seen/heard it myself, so I can’t be sure). Anchor Bay isn’t too bad either (much better than their ABT1 release). But there’s a HKL release coming.

Finally

Fall 2006

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
Finally

Fall 2006
[/quote]

Never heard of it, but I’m damn sure interested!

For Region 2 Collectors:

James Bond Attache Case: The Ultimate Editions Box Set (40 Discs)

Release Date: 17 th July 2006

Sure damn interested, and the attache case is fucking awesome. But it’s quite even for play.com standards.

Link:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Rakuten UK: Shop cashback deals on the best offers & savings … oduct.html”>Rakuten UK: Shop cashback deals on the best offers & savings</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Laydback”]
Never heard of it, but I’m damn sure interested!
[/quote]

imdb link? the cover looks totally exploitation. i wanna know more about it

that box is so cool but i think its too heavy for my wallet :frowning:

[quote=“The Seb”]
imdb link? the cover looks totally exploitation. i wanna know more about it
[/quote]

Lethal Force (2001) - IMDb

http://divergentthinking.net

NAVARRE CORPORATION’S BCI ANNOUNCES ITS RONIN ENTERTAINMENT DIVISION

New Brand To Focus on Icons of Japanese Cinema; Initial Titles Featuring Films of Acclaimed Director Akira Kurosawa and Action Film Star Sonny Chiba

With its already successful line of martial arts films, BCI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, has announced the formation of Ronin Entertainment, a new division that will focus on product from Japan including films and television series, with initial titles being licensed directly from the Japanese film studios Toei Co. Ltd. and Kadokawa Pictures. The announcement was made today by Cliff MacMillan, Director of Acquisitions, BCI.

“With the influx of Japanese films being remade in this country, there has been a tremendous resurgence of interest in original Japanese film and television programming,� said MacMillan. “Kurosawa and Chiba represent two different ends of the Japanese entertainment spectrum, and both have become cultural icons. We’re fortunate to have the opportunity to release titles from both of these legendary figures.�

The initial titles to be released from the Ronin Entertainment line include:

The Quiet Duelâ€â€

buy that, everyone:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … ntintar-20”>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FDECGA/thequentintar-20</LINK_TEXT>

Friends The Complete Series

DVD Features:

Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

All 236 episodes on 40 discs

New to this set: 60-page commemorative book with original pilot pitch and behind-the-scenes photos with cast and crew

Commentaries

Behind-the-scenes featurettes

Gag reels, video guest books, trivia quizzes, and more

Rocky two Disc Collection

DVD Features:

Available Subtitles: English, Spanish

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 1.0), Spanish (Dolby Digital 1.0)

New high-definition transfer

New audio commentary by Sylvester Stallone

New audio commentary by boxing legends, trainer Lou Duva and commentator Bert Sugar

Commentary by the director, producers, and cast members

Three-part making-of documentary "In The Ring"

10 additional featurettes/documentaries

Deleted Scenes

TV spots, TV appearances and trailers

Sneak Peak at Rocky Balboa

24-page collectible booklet

Comes out:December 5th

Rocky Anthology

DVD Features:

Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)

All five films digitally remastered

Price:$50.00

SNL The Complete First Season

DVD Features:

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0)

Features all 24 episodes from the first season in their original, 90-minute format, including all of the original music

Limited Edition Photo Book with Rare SNL Photos of the Cast and Lorne Michaels (32-pages)

Cast member screen tests

Archival footage from the Today Show with Tom Snyder

Price$70.00

DVD Features:

Available Subtitles: English

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), Italian (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)

1900: The Story, The Cast featurette

1900:Creating an Epic featurette

Comes Out:December 5th

Price:$20.00

1900 is fucking awesome. I just hope for all you Americans that they give you the same uncut version as over here in Europe

Also the conformist is coming out to,is that any good?