RZA doin' da score for KILL BILL

Initially i wanted the RZA to do it. But now after i know more about Kill Bill and its origins and shit i dont think that anymore.

ENNIO MORRICONE would be perfect i believe.

I dont know who the hell Lalo Shifrin is but ill get some of his music and see what kinda music the man plays.

I still think that Wu Tang should do one track for Kill Bill.

Aaah just the thought of Uma jumping in the air with her sword in slow motion with the voice of Method Man in the background over some great RZA beats makes me druel.

J.W.

Heres some info on Morricone and Schifrin for ya:

Ennio Morricone

(1928 -   )

Biography from Baseline’s Encyclopedia of Film

Prolific composer whose hypnotic scores have graced a wide range of international films from the early 1960s to the present. Morricone began composing for the screen in his native Italy and came to prominence for the haunting score that whined and whistled through Sergio Leone’s classic spaghetti western, A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS (1964)â€â€

QT will need to have someone score the “Vengeance” theme and 'Remembering Theme" I have no idea what they are gonna sound like or what QT plans for them to soundtrack.

First of all, you’re right, don’t know who said it, the new Hip Hop stuff sucks. It’s no Hip Hop anymore, it’s pop, espacially Ja Rule and Nelly. But you can’t compare RZA with these suckers.

I also agree that he did a great job with Ghost Dog, but Kill Bill is really something different. RZA’s music is very dark and Kill Bill didn’t look very dark on the pictures I’ve seen yet. But I could be wrong.

My take on the hip hop scene is that yes most it sucks, right now.

But i also think that no other type of music can bring out the “dont fuck with me” attitude that is in this movie better then hip hop. There is just something in those beats that you can feel. But there could be other music out there i havent heard.

[quote]My take on the hip hop scene is that yes most it sucks, right now.

But i also think that no other type of music can bring out the “dont fuck with me” attitude that is in this movie better then hip hop. There is just something in those beats that you can feel. But there could be other music out there i havent heard.[/quote]

Maybe they should just call this movie “DA BRIDE KICKIN AZZ YO” :wink:

I highly doubt QT is going to use straight up hip hop for the Revenge Theme. It might have some beats that are sampled from hip hop, but it will probably be like a slow thumping sound when we first see The Bride’s vein in her forehead pulsing, then suddenly a loud fast BANG BOOM BAM! type thing where we just get blasted with it everytime The Bride goes Krakatoa.

When I think of how the Revenge theme will sound, I hear the sound of a chainsaw idling then it opens up and just RIPS!

:o i have to get something out here…

who said it’s gonna be hip hop? RZA is a rapper alright, but after watching ghost dog, reading stuff about that bro’ and checking out some of his music videos i came to the conclusion that that bro’ ain’t a loser. he knows music and i think he and quentin will come up with some cool tunes, know what i’m sayin’?

besides, they got the metallica guy, and probably more guys.

[quote] :o i have to get something out here…

who said it’s gonna be hip hop? RZA is a rapper alright, but after watching ghost dog, reading stuff about that bro’ and checking out some of his music videos i came to the conclusion that that bro’ ain’t a loser. he knows music and i think he and quentin will come up with some cool tunes, know what i’m sayin’?

besides, they got the metallica guy, and probably more guys.[/quote]

Seb after reading what you just said, I have to say your definitely right.

Just because RZA is a hip hop artist, DOESNT mean his film scores will be hip hop.

Look at Danny Elfman (Oingo Boingo), Stewart Copeland (The Police) and David Byrne (Talking Heads). All of them have done movie scores and none of the music was in the style of their band’s music. So, your right. We shouldnt think just because RZA’s part of hip hop, hes going to limit his movie music to just that genre.

BTW I havent seen Ghost Dog, and I hate MTV so I havent really seen any of RZA’s work. I may have seen him in a Wu-Tang video or two but thats it.

[quote]My take on the hip hop scene is that yes most it sucks, right now[/quote]

then you’re looking at the wrong scene.

[quote]BTW I havent seen Ghost Dog, and I hate MTV so I havent really seen any of RZA’s work. I may have seen him in a Wu-Tang video or two but thats it. [/quote]

toothpick, if you havent seen/heard any of rza’s work then why are you commenting on his ability to do the score? and i doubt you’ll see any of rza’s/wutangs work on mtv these days.

[quote]just because RZA’s part of hip hop[/quote]
>:( you make it sound like hiphop is ‘thing’ totally removed from music.

like the people have said… what makes you think the score is going to be hiphop? rza is a muscian and is more than capable of producing a decent score. youre NOT going to hear ja rule or nelly screamin in the background throughout the movie.

[quote]

then you’re looking at the wrong scene.

toothpick, if you havent seen/heard any of rza’s work then why are you commenting on his ability to do the score? and i doubt you’ll see any of rza’s/wutangs work on mtv these days.

>:( you make it sound like hiphop is ‘thing’ totally removed from music.

like the people have said… what makes you think the score is going to be hiphop? rza is a muscian and is more than capable of producing a decent score. youre NOT going to hear ja rule or nelly screamin in the background throughout the movie.[/quote]

Dave, whats your point? We are having a discussion on what we think about hip hop and if RZA will be using hip hop in the movie. Personally I hate new hip hop, Im an old school fan myself.

Im sure RZA’s gonna do something really cool for Kill Bill, QT wouldnt have picked him otherwise. Believe me, Ill be first in line when Kill Bills soundtrack comes out.

RZA is gonna kill this sountrack and I mean that in a GOOD WAY.

What he did with Ghost Dog was nice (another flick with Swords). Anyhow - I also heard some rocker is doing half the soundtrack forgot who so for those of you who HATE hip hop beats you can get some rock guitars in there ! heh heh

Really - I always like Quentin’s taste in music and hope he does include other artists in there too.

Lars (Metallica) is the rocker and Ennio Morricone (The Maestro) is incorporating a little bit of music as well.

By the way, RZA recently popped up in Entertainment Weekly’s “Cult Movie” countdown and shared his Top 5 Kung Fu Movies:

Shaolin & Wu Tang (Helll yeah, I love this one)

Five Deadly Venoms

The Kid with the Golden Arm

Blade of Fury

Enter The Dragon

RZA on working on kill bill:

http://www.chud.com/news/oct03/oct09rza.php3