Robocop(1987)

Anybody else love this movie? I’ve loved this movie since I was a kid.

A new robocop dvd is being released august 21st

Disc One:

Theatrical Cut

Audio commentary by Director Paul Verhoven, Writer Ed Neumeier and -------Executive Producer Jon Davison

Flesh And Steel: The Making Of Robocop Featurette

Shooting Robocop 1987 Featurette

Making Robocop 1987 Featurette

The Boardroom: Storyboard With Commentary By Animator Phil Tippet Featurette

Deleted Scenes

OCP Press Conference

Nun In The Street Interview

Topless Pizza

Final Media Break

Photo Gallery

Design (13)

Special Effects (16)

Director Paul Verhoven (22)

Behind The Scenes (20)

Cast (11)

ED 209 (18)

Theatrical Trailer

TV Spot

Disc Two:

Extended Cut

All New Featurettes:

• Villains Of Old Detroit
  • Special Effects: Then And Now
  • Robocop: Creating A Legend

Paul Verhoven Easter Egg

Trailers and TV Spots

Teaser 1 & 2

Theatrical Trailers

I’m a huge Robocop fan, so I’m interested to know what this “Extended Cut” is.

I know of two versions, the R-rated original cut and the directors cut, which only is a few seconds longer.

I’m afraid I have to import this baby from the US of A, damn it looks and sounds fine.

I believe this extended version is gonna be the same as the director’s cut. Besides being uncut, Criterion’s Director’s Cut of Robocop had the film cropped to Verhoeven’s perferred aspect ratio where as all the other MGM releases made their own widescreen version.

This new release will probably feature the latter, and maybe an extra scene or two that was originally deleted.

BTW, I just recently watched the uncut footage for the first time on youtube and I actually do find the extra-violent footage a little shocking. Plus (In the Rated version) all we saw was Murphy’s hand getting blown off and I always wondered how his entire arm vanished when he stood up moments later. Good to finally see how that error was solved.

I probably wont buy it right now, im gonna wait and see if a new one comes out in a year or so.

Oo shet im gettin this robocop rules.

Is this gonna be completely uncut?

The fucking man

Give the man a hand!

(clap clap)

[quote=“Scarface”]
The fucking man

[/quote]

He’ll always be know as “Red” in my book.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
He’ll always be know as “Red” in my book.
[/quote]

No way man. Clarence Boddicker is his lifetime achievement. Any movie that stars him and Miguel Ferrer finds itself automatically in my cool book. Add to that a robot that shoots rapists in the balls, and you’ve got movie heaven right there

[quote=“Scarface”]
No way man. Clarence Boddicker is his lifetime achievement. Any movie that stars him and Miguel Ferrer finds itself automatically in my cool book. Add to that a robot that shoots rapists in the balls, and you’ve got movie heaven right there
[/quote]

ahahhahah yeaaa! i agree.

Your move creep.