Robert Rodriguez's Sin City

Kevin would win, hands down. Then he’d eat her and her head on the wall of fame.

We have no reason to beleive Kevin would win. In the comics and movie Miho is pretty much invincible while Kevin bites it… What we have seen of Kevin is 2 fights, one of which he loses, while in Miho’s case over the series of comics we have seen many fights and she always wins…

Kevin is supernaturally fast and silent , and Unarmed manages to sneak up on, blind and beat Marv without breaking a sweat ( Marv is over 7’, 300lbs, and had earlier shown he has amazing endurance by how he escaped from the police raid on his hotel room and surviving being hit multiple times by a speeding car). So what if he died and Miho lived she didnt take on anyone like marv in the film during the series she slaughters hordes of Mafia, terrorists, criminals, and even cops but all her abilitys are with weapons unarmed she cant match kevin on any level…Additionally stealth is more deadly then any weapon.

Anyone whose read the comics knows that Miho is near invincible. Kevin is merely a kid who enjoys eating people (and their souls), whereas Miho is a killing machine, a master assassin. Years and years of reading comics, including Sin City comics has given me enough time to ponder most situations imaginable. Miho would be the victor and i can say that with 100 percent certainty.

You got to remember that this is a history spanning all the Sin City comics as well as the film.

That said, i still think that Kevin kicks a whole lot of arse, but a lot of people are underestimating Miho, really really underestimating Miho. And if you really feel like arguing with me, i suggest you take the time to actually read the comics.

Master assassin? she just one of those supped up super chick types who’s only as skilled as she is due to the need of the character to be just that… does she deserve to be that powerful hell no I stand by what i said Miho is 4’10" maximum and weighing a mere 80-90 pounds. Her abilities all stem from her weapons, without them shes no match for Kevin ( that’s just evening out the playing field, Kevin wouldn’t need it though as his stealth and disarming maneuvers pick up the slack ) the fact Kevin could be compared to her even though shes a walking arsenal and Kevin fights with his bear hands is enough of a statement, also it should be said that anyone with a gun can get the drop on miho - though this rings true for any of the characters and defeats the purpose of comparing abilities - if jack wasn’t wounded, and if he just shut up ( more influence on the latter ) he could have killed miho when he first had the drop on her. But I don’t think ill argue about that…

Oh yeah this is just what i think would happen in film, your the comic book expert here if i argued with you about anything to do with the comics then id be a huge hypocrite, i really should get reading, but i doubt id change my mind… maybe

we should send a letter to Frank Miller and ask ;D

MIller has said they are both demons. Perhaps not litterally but in a strength sense.

I still believe that Miho would be the victor. A lot of people are over-estimating Kevin. He is badass, but he lacks the real combat experience of Miho. Kevin is like a stealthier Jack the ripper, feasting on whores, and Miho is a master of death.

I see where Thousand Eyes is coming from with the stealth part, but i think more important than stealth is experience, and that is how Marv was able to beat Kevin, because it was a matter of experience. You can just see it too, you can see that Miho has the experience in the way that she fights and acts. Kevin doesn’t have near the same level of experience.

Though, overall i think that the only person who really knows who will win for sure is Frank Miller. In the end, all this really is is my opinion. Even though it is an opinion i would back forever, it is still an opinion.

I think i am too much in love with all of Miller’s characters to go on with this debate.

i loved the whole movie :slight_smile:

i think that it would be a very close fight but i do think miho could beat kevin but it would a very close fight

i think the Miho character isn’t elaborated on full enough for the average audience to contemplate on. I for one, not having read the graphic novels, didnt quite get the entire story behind those female street gang characters

[quote=“The Seb”]
i think the Miho character isn’t elaborated on full enough for the average audience to contemplate on. I for one, not having read the graphic novels, didnt quite get the entire story behind those female street gang characters
[/quote]

Ive now only read The hard Goodbye :stuck_out_tongue: ( which i got with sin city recut extended unrated ) ha ha im going to watch the 15 min cooking class tonight… i prob wouldnt have gone to the effort of ordering it if i didnt come here ( thanks seb )

I havent even checked out the extras :-[ I never remember to do :stuck_out_tongue:

My Sin City DVD has only one extra - a shitty wee 10 minute documentary :’(.

mine has none :o i just bought the first version that came out, couldn’t wait, i’ll probably sell it when a proper 2 disc comes out

Seriously, if you need proof of how dangerous Miho is - read Family Values; she kills just about everyone and everything in that book :smiley: One of my favorite Sin City books. Hope the next film shows just how much of a badass Dwight can be when he’s using his fists.

[quote]mine has none i just bought the first version that came out, couldn’t wait, i’ll probably sell it when a proper 2 disc comes out[/quote]

I don’t think the 2 disc edition is out in the UK yet. I have looked for it a few times and zero joy.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I don’t think the 2 disc edition is out in the UK yet. I have looked for it a few times and zero joy.
[/quote]

yea its out there, try well… anywhere, or jus follow the links on this site to amazon.

HI!!!

I’m kind of new here, but I’ve been a Tarantino fan for a few years. Some time ago I read that in Japan there was going to be a different version of Sin City, these news were followed by japanese popstar Namie Amuro singing a song for the japanese soundtrack of Sin City “Violet Sauce”. After that I didn’t pay attention to if this was really true or not, but now that the release of the Japanese DVD is on June 23rd. on the description of the DVD it says:

"…Premium edition includes two hours of rare footage including film and special effects making-of documentaries, original and Japanese-version theatrical trailers, prop footage…"

So my question is, if anybody knows, is this Japanese version the same as the extended cut we got on the 2 disc re-release of Sin City or an exclusive version for Japan (kind of what happened with Kill Bill Vol.1).

Thanks for your help

:slight_smile:

[quote=“Eigakan”]
HI!!!

I’m kind of new here, but I’ve been a Tarantino fan for a few years.

[/quote]

Kind of? youve only posted once ( apparently ) ;D … as for the question id like to know that myself… ???