RIP Isaac Hayes

Category:Isaac Hayes - The Grindhouse Cinema Database

This has been a bad weekend. First Bernie Mac, now Isaac. :frowning:

OMG… RIP Isaac Hayes. So sad. such a great artist and such a great talent.

Damn. So many famous people have died within the past few years.

[quote=“Ify”]
Damn. So many famous people have died within the past few years.
[/quote]

Last week, the father of Egyptian cinema, Youssef Chahine, died. Every week, it seems another one of my idols just died. wtf.

:frowning:

first George Carlin and now this? FUCK!

Bernie Mac died last satruday from a pneumonia too. He was so young, 50 I think.

Fuck… well he will live on forever in his works… ill always remember escape from new york…

This is a rather pathetic response to the death of one of the most important musicians in soul/RB. This guy opened so many doors, with just one song, and helped create a genre, not only of music, but of films. Black Moses, Soul Man and Hot-Buttered Soul are musical legends. Not to mention being the first black man to receive an Oscar for a film’s score.

If he had done nothing but Shaft, it would have been a great achievement on it’s own.

Think back over the past 37 years and tell me how many other film themes you can remember-or want to!

[quote=“Dstryed_Btch”]
This is a rather pathetic response to the death of one of the most important musicians in soul/RB. This guy opened so many doors, with just one song, and helped create a genre, not only of music, but of films. Black Moses, Soul Man and Hot-Buttered Soul are musical legends. Not to mention being the first black man to receive an Oscar for a film’s score.

If he had done nothing but Shaft, it would have been a great achievement on it’s own.

Think back over the past 37 years and tell me how many other film themes you can remember-or want to!
[/quote]

Im a film buff not a soul fan ive never had any particular interests in his musical works before now… In fact im not exactly an expert in music in general… They may be great contributions which outweigh his meagre film roles however its beyond the scope of my current interests… the few films hes been in i do know and some do mean a lot to me… And its through his films that ill remember him… foremost the one i mentioned… Thus my saying anything about his music would just make me a poser… i hate posers there in every fan group ive ever seen… Maybe one day ill get into his music but I wont pretend I already am… Theres nothing pathetic about what I said… I said as much as I should…