Regarding Adolf (MAJOR SPOILERS)

I live in mortal fear of spoilers. My greatest movie watching experience, as well as my first Tarantino experience, was when I watched Reservoir Dogs knowing NOTHING about. I heard it was good, and I watched it. It was amazing. So, obviously, I tried my best to avoid Basterds spoilers. A few minor things slipped by from watching the trailers, but nothing major. I had heard that this was a Jewish revenge fantasy, but I had NO idea that it was an alternate reality where Hitler died in a theatre!

The whole time they were pulling off the theatre plot, I kept thinking “How’s the plan going to go wrong?” Because I knew that there was no way the plan could be pulled off, because Hitler, as history has taught me, did not die like this. But then the plan played out, and Hitler got blown all to shit. It was an amazing and COMPLETELY unexpected thing to happen.

Was anyone else VERY surprised when Hitler got ventilated?

I knew it was gonna happen like that.

The “let’s turn Hitler into a giant cheese with holes using our machine guns” was a total surprise though, and I loved it.

I was surprised actually. There’s a reason why Tarantino wrote the scene where Hitler decides to attend the premiere. Hitler at the time during 1944 was so paranoid that someone was going to assasinate him - so much so that he dwelled in secret bunkers for the remainder of his life. I never question a character - at all! Why? Simple. People change their minds all the time. His death even resembles that of Abraham Lincoln, and it is very feasible. Hitler’s presence was kept clandestine - so no military forces were present during the premiere. I thought it was the most intricate plot QT has ever conceived. Not intricate to understand but in the making of it and how it all comes together. And how about Shosanna’s ghost coming back to life to avenge the Nazi’s! Ohhhhh!

I know it wasn’t a ghost, but still. That was brilliant.

I knew as soon as I found out Hitler was in the movie that he would probably be killed. Tarantino plays by his own rules. It was kind of strange to see him die though.

Killed sounds a bit friendly. He was massacred! Did you see his face being torn to shreds by the Bear Jew’s machinegun! :laugh:

I was VERY surprised when Hitler got killed. I remember thinking to myself: “OMG! They killed Hitler! I can’t BELIEVE that!” Like it was controversial or taboo. And it just happened so fast too. I loved the way Eli Roth’s character totally lost control and started pumping rounds into Hitler’s face. Priceless.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]His death even resembles that of Abraham Lincoln, and it is very feasible. … And how about Shosanna’s ghost coming back to life to avenge the Nazi’s! Ohhhhh!

I know it wasn’t a ghost, but still. That was brilliant.[/quote]

I actually thought about Lincoln as well after he died. And it was too cool how Shosanna suddenly “came back to life” to exact revenge on the Nazi’s. I’ll remember it as one of my favorite movie moments of all time.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]I was VERY surprised when Hitler got killed. I remember thinking to myself: “OMG! They killed Hitler! I can’t BELIEVE that!” Like it was controversial or taboo. And it just happened so fast too. I loved the way Eli Roth’s character totally lost control and started pumping rounds into Hitler’s face. Priceless.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]His death even resembles that of Abraham Lincoln, and it is very feasible. … And how about Shosanna’s ghost coming back to life to avenge the Nazi’s! Ohhhhh!

I actually thought about Lincoln as well after he died. And it was too cool how Shosanna suddenly “came back to life” to exact revenge on the Nazi’s. I’ll remember it as one of my favorite movie moments of all time.[/quote]

I got goosebumps during that scene. Especially when all the people ran screaming towards the door, there was so much adrenaline. It was electric.

I love that for once Adolf gets fucked, but a few people in the audience didn’t. I was kinda shocked. How did the people react in ya’ll audiences?

Off topic but still disturbs me after hearing it two days ago; as I was leaving the theater a man and his wife were talking about it and he made the sarcastic comment that the Germans are gonna “love this movie”. Bothered the hell outta me that people could be so ignorant.

I wouldn’t say it sarcastically. Germans have a hard time recovering from WWII and are still ashamed of what their ancestors have done. I think they should thank QT for making that movie, maybe it should help them turn the page.

[quote=“Ify”][quote=“ThaDuke”]I was VERY surprised when Hitler got killed. I remember thinking to myself: “OMG! They killed Hitler! I can’t BELIEVE that!” Like it was controversial or taboo. And it just happened so fast too. I loved the way Eli Roth’s character totally lost control and started pumping rounds into Hitler’s face. Priceless.

I actually thought about Lincoln as well after he died. And it was too cool how Shosanna suddenly “came back to life” to exact revenge on the Nazi’s. I’ll remember it as one of my favorite movie moments of all time.[/quote]

I got goosebumps during that scene. Especially when all the people ran screaming towards the door, there was so much adrenaline. It was electric.[/quote]

Yeah definitely. Even watching it the second time its still exhilirating. i actually got mad heart flutters through the scene. more so the second time because i knew what mayhem was lying ahead! how can this movie get negative reviews its mind bottling ha

Yeah, I heard my friend say “Holy crap!” when Donowitz tore Hitler’s face up…and on that note, major props to Eli Roth for being able to give us such a sadistic look whilst one operates a machine gun…I definitely saw what he was talking about during his interview regarding the fire…intense