The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

RD reference in "Shaun of the Dead"

Saw the new Britsh zombie romantic comedy (www.romzom.com) “Shaun of the Dead” at the weekend. Was happy to find a funny reference to RD. At the climax of the movie the main characters are all threatening each other with broken bottles to the neck in a Mexican standoff while one points a shotgun at the hero’s mum who shouts "Don’t point that gun at my mum!!!"

Made me laugh ;D

That’s awesome. I wanna see this movie soooo bad.

Is Shaun of the dead any good? Or is it another British spoof comedy that’ll be forgotten?

Its good. Its funny. But it is another spoof British comedy that will be forgotten :stuck_out_tongue:

I really want to see that movie. It makes sense, because Dogs was huge in England…

i just saw on tv some British comedy, there were 3 guys and they went to a funeral, with suits and sunglasses. There were walking on the street , and than suddenly you hear Little Green Bag, and there walking in slow-motion and shit. And then a girl says: “Hey, don’t play play Reservoir Dogs”. Does somebody know that? It was quite funny.

It’s cool that they have an RD reference. I don’t know much about Shaun of the Dead other than the British film magazines love it.

Vince, I believe that would be Coupling?

And…IS Reservoir Dogs big over here?

I mean, it IS probably almost as well known as Pulp Fiction, but…

I dunno.

shaun of the dead is comming to the states i saw it in a preview when watching exorcist

Shaun of the Dead was one of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a long time. (keeping in mind that I have a weird sense of humor)

Nice that someone is refering to Reservoir Dogs. Even if that’s a joke.

[quote=“Vince_Vega”]
i just saw on tv some British comedy, there were 3 guys and they went to a funeral, with suits and sunglasses. There were walking on the street , and than suddenly you hear Little Green Bag, and there walking in slow-motion and shit. And then a girl says: “Hey, don’t play play Reservoir Dogs”. Does somebody know that? It was quite funny.
[/quote]
Doesnt she say: stop reservoir dogging

Shaun of the Dead was the best non-QT film of the year, and I was the only person in my theater who got the RD gag.

Made me feel very smart.

A cookie for whoever caught the references to 28 Days Later and Evil Dead, while we’re on the subject.

I bought Shaun of the dead on DVD yesterday (at last!) I saw it in theatres, and i thought it was great! such a funny film, man!

[quote=“Vince_Vega”]
[/quote]

lol, I just watched that ep the other night…v. funny

although to be honest I didnt even notice the RD reference in Shaun of the Dead when I saw it…

which TV Show was that?? (the funeral thing…)

Coupling…“its like a British version of friends, only actually funny” :stuck_out_tongue:

ahhhhhhh really? i wish i’d seen that! I’m not a huge fan of coupling - it’s not the best, but it’s good for a few laughs now and then

Shaun of the Dead is not just another British horror spoof that will soon be forgotten…!

If for no other reason but it’s not a horror spoof, it’s a Romantic Comedy with Zombies…or a Zombie horror movie with romantic comedy in it, whichever way you want to look at it.

…plus Simon Pegg is hell-a cool

I know Shaun of the Dead is 1 fuckin’ cool movie :wink: