Rambo (2008)

Nowadays it’s all coming back, everything. In bunches, there are sequels to sequels to remakes. Remakes of sequel sequels. Or prequels.

But I love it actually. It’s the goddamn 70’s again!

Yeah i love rambo and we need him more than ever! :smiley:

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
why can’t they come up with some new ideas - Rocky 10, Rambo 8, Starwars 6 with lame ass jar jar binks…I mean, come on - we need a few more QT’s around to keep shit real.

[/quote]

Dude, do not diss Revenge of the Sith. It owns you and your boots.

Oh yeah it had such a deep, sophisticated explanation for Anakin becoming Darth Vader… Such depth of character. The quote “Noooooooo!” is proof enough

Star Wars isn’t about sophistication. You are such a fucking hypocrite, you enjoy films like Rambo but take the piss out of Star Wars.

Star Wars can kiss my ass. And Darth Vader is a fag with a huge asthma problem. Rambo could ruin his shit anyday of the fucking week

Anybody seen Ruckus i recommend checking it out cause rambo kind of ripped ruckus off but im sure the writer of ruckus probably read the book based on rambo and ripped that off anyway worth a watch.

yeah…like that Hannibal shit - why did they have to go and fuck that up?

[quote=“Bleach”]
Nowadays it’s all coming back, everything. In bunches, there are sequels to sequels to remakes. Remakes of sequel sequels. Or prequels.

But I love it actually. It’s the goddamn 70’s again!
[/quote]

i dont know about that…the films in the 70s where actually good.

[quote=“Ify”]
Star Wars isn’t about sophistication. You are such a fucking hypocrite, you enjoy films like Rambo but take the piss out of Star Wars.
[/quote]

Man… they don’t compare and are not in the same category. Are you saying that all the fans of Rambo in the world should also root for Jar Jar Binks, otherwise they’re dirty hypocrites? What the hell?

Actually I do like Star Wars IV and V, they were pretty fine, it’s just the newer stuff that irritates me and the jumping teddy bears in the Sixth. But 3rd WAS way too shallow. Knowing that behind Darth Vader’s frightening outfit there is actually nothing but a ridiculous, half-witted child ruins it all. Maybe George Lucas intended it that way, so that the morons can relate.

[quote=“Jjp”]
i dont know about that…the films in the 70s where actually good.
[/quote]

Haha, yeah of course, you can’t beat the 70’s. But maybe after three decades people will think differently. I was just saying that it’s a nice feeling to go to theatres and see completely new stuff with old characters and stories behind them you know so well. It’s great

[quote=“Bleach”]
Man… they don’t compare and are not in the same category. Are you saying that all the fans of Rambo in the world should also root for Jar Jar Binks, otherwise they’re dirty hypocrites? What the hell?

Actually I do like Star Wars IV and V, they were pretty fine, it’s just the newer stuff that irritates me and the jumping teddy bears in the Sixth. But 3rd WAS way too shallow. Knowing that behind Darth Vader’s frightening outfit there is actually nothing but a ridiculous, half-witted child ruins it all. Maybe George Lucas intended it that way, so that the morons can relate.

Haha, yeah of course, you can’t beat the 70’s. But maybe after three decades people will think differently. I was just saying that it’s a nice feeling to go to theatres and see completely new stuff with old characters and stories behind them you know so well. It’s great
[/quote]

I know they aren’t the same genre, I’m not arguing that. I meant you complain about the depth of character of Darth Vader, yet you like Rambo - and I’ll use what my friend said last night - “who isn’t even 2-D, he’s 1-D”!!

Well done for pointing out the stuff about Jar Jar Binks and the Ewoks, I’ve never heard that before. How original. And you talk about sophistication yet you love films like Rambo, Pirates and Spider-Man 3. You make absolutely no sense, you say things one minute then something completely different the next.

DUDE. Rambo does not try to be something it is not - his character does not require sophistication, so I’m not looking for it. In actuality he’s pretty real and all justified - a traumatized kickass Vietnam vet, a Green Beret. Anyway, nobody cares. He’s best what you can get from an on-screen badass killer. Better than Arny in Commando and a lot others alike. It’s all about style, not plot. About blowing things the fuck up.

The same with Pirates - it’s such a fun movie cause it’s pretty much random and non pretentious. I’m not looking for an ingenious plot - I actually don’t follow it much. I love the special effects and Johnny Depp. If it wasn’t for him, I doubt I’d even go see the films.

Star Wars on the other hand try to be so goddamn BIG. Episodes 4-6 were great, cause they are adventurous, well plotted, focused and you see the love invested. There is original plot which suits the trilogy’s scale. Then Lucas thought he’d expand it all and made those other three episodes which suck big time. They all tell the tale of Anakin, who is the shallowest guy ever. I am looking for some original story because it REQUIRES one. When I see a lame, straightforward one I have all the rights to be disappointed. Pretentious and soulless.

I think that First Blood’s portrayal of John Rambo was very complex. That speech at the end was great dialogue. One of my all time favorite movies - Rambo, on the other hand…sucked ass.

Yeah, that was great dialogue. He has issues, alright. In the initial version he was supposed to commit suicide, but that would have been too wussy. And there would be no sequel opportunities

[quote=“Bleach”]
Yeah, that was great dialogue. He has issues, alright. In the initial version he was supposed to commit suicide, but that would have been too wussy. And there would be no sequel opportunities
[/quote]
yea its in the book i heard he was supposed to shot himself through his eye it think.

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don’t turn it off! It wasn’t my war! You asked me, I didn’t ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn’t let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they’ve been me and been there and know what the hell they’re yelling about!

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don’t turn it off! It wasn’t my war! You asked me, I didn’t ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn’t let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they’ve been me and been there and know what the hell they’re yelling about!

[/quote]

yeaaa some of the most laughable acting of all time although i think stallone is greatness.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yeaaa some of the most laughable acting of all time although i think stallone is greatness.
[/quote]
that wasn’t horrible. believe it or not, Stallone has made some great contributions to Hollywood. I thought that scene was great. I also thought Rocky was great. I don’t care who you are - If you don’t get fired up after watching any Rocky movie you are a complete dead-beat. Those movies kick five metric tons of ass.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
that wasn’t horrible. believe it or not, Stallone has made some great contributions to Hollywood. I thought that scene was great. I also thought Rocky was great. I don’t care who you are - If you don’t get fired up after watching any Rocky movie you are a complete dead-beat. Those movies kick five metric tons of ass.
[/quote]

rocky is one of the greatest films of all time...all im sayin is that the acting in rambo was hilarious although i love the movie.

Yeah most people dont see rocky as a love story but i do and it rules!

Cut me mick cut me!