Questions For People That Have Seen It*spoilers*

How were the credits at the start of both films?

Were there any parts where YOU even cringed it was so bloody?

despite having seen it twice, I can’t really recall the start credits of Planet Terror. I did notice that there were no end credits for PT, probably because they didn’t want people to get up and start leaving. At the start of DP, it’s Arlene’s feet on the dash, and we get the film’s starting credits, and there are a few frames from the old title “Thunderbolt” before the new title card “Death Proof” shows up. Then we cut to Stuntman Mike’s car’s POV for the rest of the credits. All of this is to the tune of Jack Nitzsche’s The Last Race.The most striking thing for me during the DP credits was the Director of Photography credit, which was given to QT.

I still can’t imagine him reading a light meter but I thought that was cool nonetheless. Now, I had heard that RR was initially supposed to be QT’s cinematographer but because of his thing with Rose, couldn’t be on the set with her anymore. Also that QT did a company move and shot a good portion of Death Proof in LA. Probably the car chase stuff. Is there a gossip thread?

I cringed during the big crash sequence in DP, and at various moments during PT.

What happened between RR and Rose? I didn’t hear about this.

[quote=“Stuntman MikeB”]
and we get the film’s starting credits, and there are a few frames from the old title “Thunderbolt” before the new title card “Death Proof” shows up.
[/quote]

Ah! Clever,clever.

Thanks for the info.

what happened between robert and rose… did they hook up or sumthin?

rumors shmoooomors i’d say

Even if the rumors were true why couldnt he be on the set with her?

[quote=“Navajas”]
what happened between robert and rose… did they hook up or sumthin?
[/quote]
There should be a gossip thread for this but yeah, supposedly they did. The production got shutdown twice, supposedly. I’m not sure if that includes the planned hiatus between PT and DP. These are all rumors. For all I know, none of it is true. And remember how bad facts get twisted via the telephone game, so keep that in mind too. Also, I believe RR is getting divorced from his producer wife because of what happened. She still has a credit on the film though, as if that would dissappear but yeah, all this is for the rumor mill.

Oh wait, I just remembered the opening credit sequence of PT. It’s various shots of Rose, dancing at the strip club, to RR’s PT theme. She’s just dancing and dancing as the credits come and go.

As most of us know, RR’s wife’s is/was Elizabeth Avellan. Notice during what part of Rose’s dance Elizabeth’s credit appears? The 2nd time seeing it, I couldn’t help but consider the placement of her credit, as if it was RR’s way of either saying “I’m very sorry” or “good riddance.”

[quote=“Navajas”]
Even if the rumors were true why couldnt he be on the set with her?
[/quote]

I don’t know, but can only speculate. Ever been through a devastating break-up? Now, the break-up between his wife and him should be more devastating, since they’ve been married since the Mariachi days, like 17 years, but who knows why RR couldn’t be the DP on D.P. Like Seb says, rumors schmoomers.

What I’m really interested in is if QT really learned how to read a light meter because of this.

You know that cliche about how some of Hollywood’s most troubled productions become gems and the productions that go very smoothly often become clunkers? Well Planet Terror could be the former. Excellent, excellent film, despite the production grief.

Here’s some more info on it: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/archives … _death.php”>http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/archives/2006/10/rodriguez_death.php</LINK_TEXT>

thanks for the info, does cherry and el kick some major ass?

From the comments:

"Maybe the Planet Terror dvd will have a new “10 Minute Schools” installment on marriage and relationships."

roooofl -.-

I’ve heard rumors to the effect that Rodriguez’s marriage was kind of thin ice and then him & McGowan ended up hooking up while filming Planet Terror and it got back to his wife and that was the final nail in the coffin.

Who can resist a chick with a machine gun leg, right?

haha true

But you know, what happened between Robert and his wife should stay that way.

Kind of hard to think of a marriage of 17 years going down the drain like that.

Did any of you guys stick around when all the end credits were over? Any surprises?

is Rose Nude in the movie just asking ;D

From what I’ve gathered, Rose doesn’t get naked in either PT or DP.

I guess we’ll have to just go back to watching our Doom Generation unrated DVD’s for that. >:D

You people disgust me! Always worrying about nudity, and other such nonsense

…anybody got a link to pics of Rose in the nude? :wink:

[quote=“melchizedeknm”]
You people disgust me! Always worrying about nudity, and other such nonsense

…anybody got a link to pics of Rose in the nude? :wink:
[/quote]

Just rent the unrated DVD of The Doom Generation. You get to see her butt naked as well as getting screwed often.

besides from the nudity is the doom generation ne good?