Question for any Tarantino expert

does anyone know if there’s any signifigance to the fact that when Uma Thurman is buried alive and she takes off the cowboy boots she has on, it has a straight razor in it, and in Reservoir Dogs, Michael Madsen has what appear to be the same cowboy boots with a straight razor in it also, when he takes it out to torture his captive cop,  although i couldnt tell for sure if the cowboy boots were the same, and im also unclear on whether the boots were Uma’s boots or if Michael Madsen put them on her before he buried her which i think he did because Uma don’t look like the type to wear cowboy boots in this movie. Anyway, my question again is, does anybody think there’s any signifigance to it or tarantino just throwing something in there to see if anybody catches it? Thanks for your time…

To my guess I’d say QT added that in to see if anyone would catch it. Much like how “Big Kahuna Burger” are burger joints in both From Dust Till Dawn and Pulp Fiction.

Although I could be wrong. :wink:

I’m pretty sure she was wearing those boots - b/c I remember the whole time she was out, I kept noticing these red shoes.

I have no idea why I kept focusing on the shoes - must be habit now…(I’ve been looking everywhere for those yellow/black tai chi shoes…do you ppl have any idea how goddamn comfortable they are!!!)

[quote](I’ve been looking everywhere for those yellow/black tai chi shoes…do you ppl have any idea how goddamn comfortable they are!!!) [/quote]
You can buy Onitsuka Tiger shoes here . But I’m pretty sure they’re sold out of the yellow/black ones that the bride wears in Vol. 1

Well I can’t find the yellow Tai Chi shoes either, but Uma also wears a couple of Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico '66 in her fight against Vernita. I found the very same shoes but in another color (Uma wears a shoe with blue lines with a red one while I bought one with green and red lines). I assure you that they are one hell of a good shoe! They are very nice, comfortable sport shoes that suit perfectly with a nice pair of jeans!

[quote]Well I can’t find the yellow Tai Chi shoes either, but Uma also wears a couple of Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico '66 in her fight against Vernita. I found the very same shoes but in another color (Uma wears a shoe with blue lines with a red one while I bought one with green and red lines). I assure you that they are one hell of a good shoe! They are very nice, comfortable sport shoes that suit perfectly with a nice pair of jeans![/quote]
I believe you’re talking about these-

You can get the same ones HERE .

The Onitsuka Tigers are sold here in Aust, but they only and annoyingly sold the gold/black KB ones 3 times (each time they sold out within the day of putting them out!!!) and then stopped. They’re apparently “exclusively” sold by MARCS the fashion store. - that’s where I tried in a pink/white pair and my feet have never forgiven me since by not getting them.

But, latley b/c KB1 is gone, they’ve started selling them at specialty shoe stores…like Jive? Don’t quote me on the name but something like that.

Thanks guys for putting up the links.

ok, it’s official.

I just saw KB2 last night and purposely watched out for her shoes w/ Budd’s scene.

They are in fact red with black bottoms & they are a cowboy boot. They’re the same shoe the whole time.