Quentin Tarantino Quotes

Looked about for a topic on this and didn’t find one so fuck it, here it is.

This website did a feature on his top ten most outrageous quotes (don’t know how outrageous some of them are but some certainly are, specifically the last one, which I’ve never seen before):

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/films/ … page_id=27”>http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/films/article.html?Top_10_Quentin_Tarantino_quotes&in_article_id=706606&in_page_id=27</LINK_TEXT>

On spending 10 days in an LA jail for nonpayment of $7000 worth of parking tickets:

“I was kind of excited about going to jail the first time and I learnt some great dialogue.”

On film violence:

“Violence is one of the most fun things to watch.”

On special effects in movies:

“This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If I’d wanted all that computer game bullshit, I’d have stuck my d*** in a Nintendo.”

On his future as a film-maker:

“I hope to give you at least 15 more years of movies. I’m not going to be this old guy that keeps cranking them out. My plan is to have a theater by that time in some small town and I will be the manager - this crazy old movie guy.”

On Guy Ritchie marrying Madonna:

“I guess I’ll have to marry Elvis Presley to get even.”

On films:

“Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I’m lucky enough to be in the position where I don’t make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it.”

On where he gets his inspiration from:

“I steal from every movie ever made.”

On Kill Bill:

“Sure, Kill Bill’s a violent movie. But it’s a Tarantino movie. You don’t go to see Metallica and ask the f*****s to turn the music down.”

On dogs:

“Dogs got personality. Personality goes a long way.”

On whether film violence influences children:

“What if a kid goes to school after seeing Kill Bill and starts slicing up other kids? You know, I’ll take that chance! Violent films don’t turn children into violent people. They may turn them into violent filmmakers but that’s another matter altogether.”

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://backseatcuddler.com/2009/07/30/q … a-hoarder/”>http://backseatcuddler.com/2009/07/30/quentin-tarantino-is-a-hoarder/</LINK_TEXT>

QT is a hoarder!

“I’m a bachelor, so literally my place is like a dorm room. A fraternity house of one. If you walked in the door you would just see lots of stacks of s**t.

“You could come to my house to visit and bring a copy of a magazine with you and put it on the counter, and three years later you could come back and that magazine would still be on that counter.

“I have a problem throwing stuff out.â€

“Yeah, because you’re filming. But if that was off I’d be whoopin’ your ass up and down this street”

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
On special effects in movies:

“This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If I’d wanted all that computer game bullshit, I’d have stuck my d*** in a Nintendo.”
[/quote]

Well, I agreed with him to he started that talk about the nintendo.

One of my favorite Quotes:[On Collectiong Movies]“If you’re a film fan, collecting video is sort of like marijuana. Laser discs, they’re definitely cocaine. Film prints are heroin, all right? You’re shooting smack when you start collecting film prints. So, I kinda got into it in a big way, and I’ve got a pretty nice collection I’m real proud of.”

If he can fit his dick in a Nintendo, then that just, oh wow. I can fit a pencil in a Nintendo.

Well, if he was talking about the original Nintendo it was bigger…what a minute why am I having this conversation? ::slight_smile:

[quote=“me”]
Well, if he was talking about the original Nintendo it was bigger…what a minute why am I having this conversation? ::slight_smile:
[/quote]

You’re being swayed towards the dark side. And no, I have an original Nintendo. Actually, it’s a second generation original Nintendo, and yeah, a pencil and a half fits. Not a dick. At least not any dick I’ve ever seen. Do you think he was speaking metaphorically?

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Do you think he was speaking metaphorically?
[/quote]

I rather not say. lol.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st … 85,00.html”>http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25873092-5006785,00.html</LINK_TEXT>

But Tarantino arrived in Australia oblivious to the furore caused by others and overwhelmed by the global response to his film.

“The movie’s still brand-new to me, I’ve only seen it a few times,” he told The Australian.

“So to see it in a big theatre and hear the rolling laughter makes me a little shy and overwhelmed.”

He has no qualms about using vengeful violence as entertainment.

“My characters changed the outcome of the war,” he said. “That didn’t happen, because my characters didn’t exist, but if they had existed everything in the film is very plausible.”

The film includes an unlikely cameo by Australian screen legend Rod Taylor as Winston Churchill. “He’s a real hero of mine so it was really great to work with him,” Tarantino said. "He hasn’t been working that much in the last six years, so what was really cool is he’s still Rod Taylor and still the great guy he is.

“We’d finish our day shooting in Germany and I’d go into his dressing room with a couple of VBs and we’d drink them and have a good time.”

Quentin is such an awesom guy, he has real respect for the actors that most people don’t even know about. I mean, who the hell is Rod Taylor? I don’t know. But I’m about to find out just now.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://backseatcuddler.com/2009/07/30/q … a-hoarder/”>http://backseatcuddler.com/2009/07/30/quentin-tarantino-is-a-hoarder/</LINK_TEXT>

QT is a hoarder!

“I’m a bachelor, so literally my place is like a dorm room. A fraternity house of one. If you walked in the door you would just see lots of stacks of s**t.

“You could come to my house to visit and bring a copy of a magazine with you and put it on the counter, and three years later you could come back and that magazine would still be on that counter.

“I have a problem throwing stuff out.â€

Yeah, I have TONS of VHS tapes. And if certain titles ARE available on DVD, it takes me forever to get them, cos I already have them on VHS!

[/quote]

Special effects should only be used if it’s not possible to do it another way. If you wnt a horde of zombies, gather everybody you know and have them be zombies. If you want a car crash, crash two cars into each other. If you want a guy to make a big jump, use wires. If you want a 50 foot tal snake, then you can use CGI.

"I hope to give you at least 15 more years of movies. I’m not going to be this old guy that keeps cranking them out. My plan is to have a theater by that time in some small town and I will be the manager - this crazy old movie guy."

Kid: Hey whos that old crazy dude babbling about Rio Bravo with the bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Kid #2: Oh thats Mr. Tarantino. He owns the place. He used to make movies ya know. Remember we watched that one the other night with the girls talking forever?

Kid: Oh yeah! The one where the killer cries like a baby at the end. That was funny! He made that?

Kid #2: Yeah.

Kid: Cool!

[quote=“Pete”]
"I hope to give you at least 15 more years of movies. I’m not going to be this old guy that keeps cranking them out. My plan is to have a theater by that time in some small town and I will be the manager - this crazy old movie guy."

Kid: Hey whos that old crazy dude babbling about Rio Bravo with the bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Kid #2: Oh thats Mr. Tarantino. He owns the place. He used to make movies ya know. Remember we watched that one the other night with the girls talking forever?

Kid: Oh yeah! The one where the killer cries like a baby at the end. That was funny! He made that?

Kid #2: Yeah.

Kid: Cool!

[/quote]

Hahaha.

I'd visit that cinema every day. The guys at Cinemark always ask me if I work there. I tell them: "Mind your own business and give me my popcorn. And don't put too much ice on my diet coke!" And then I shoot them in the face.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st … 77,00.html”>http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25877129-12377,00.html</LINK_TEXT>

The cult US director is an unashamed fan of all things cinema, and was more than happy to press the flesh with movie lovers at the premiere of his new release Inglourious Basterds in Sydney tonight.

"It’s a big reason why I come out here in the first place,‘’ Tarantino said.

"I can’t imagine all these people out there and they’ve got pictures and they’ve got DVDs and this and that, that I’m just going to say ``Fuckoff mate’‘. I’m going to go and sign it.

"If you go to Australia you’re telling the Australians that you give a shit, that you care.’‘

When Manhattan Beach Video Archives went out of business, Tarantino bought all of its inventory and created his own private video library.

"I’ve got a big, big library - I actually never count my collections because I’m almost afraid to know the figure,’’ he said.

"I literally have two different rooms in my house, that are like a video store, in fact they’re like my old video store, they’re even on the same shelves that were at Video Archives.

"I’ve never gotten rid of them, it would be sacrilege to get rid of them.‘’

Add to that a collection of laser discs, DVDs and film prints in 16mm and 35mm, and you get an idea of the size of Tarantino’s obsession.

On violence:

“Violence in the movies can be cool,” he says. “It’s just another color to work with. When Fred Astaire dances, it doesn’t mean anything. Violence is the same. It doesn’t mean anything. It’s a color.” He scorns anyone who tries to see simulated violence as having meaning. With a laugh, he says: “John Woo’s violence has a very insightful view as to how the Hong Kong mind works because with 1997 approaching and blah blah blah. I don’t think that’s why he’s doing it. He’s doing it because he gets a kick out of it.” Praising Stanley Kubrik’s direction of A Clockwork Orange, he says, “He enjoyed the violence a little too much. I’m all for that.”

On 9/11 (Hope this is taken out of context):

“It didn’t affect me because there’s, like, a Hong Kong action movie… called Purple Storm and they work in a whole big thing in the plot that they blow up a skyscraper.”

Here’s the article:

<LINK_TEXT text=“HuffPost - Breaking News, U.S. and World News | HuffPost … 70809.html”>The Terrible Moral Emptiness of Quentin Tarantino Is Wrecking His Films | HuffPost Entertainment</LINK_TEXT>