Quentin Hated it, Did you?

[quote=“Jjp”]
QT is better but im just saying QT could not in a million years direct NBK the way it was directed it was a great film…i dont think he would want to but its still a great movie.
[/quote]

yeah that’s because they are two different persons, oliver Stone could never do KB the way tarantino did either

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
yeah that’s because they are two different persons, oliver Stone could never do KB the way tarantino did either
[/quote]

yea exactly but QT should have recognized that and not bashed NBK.

Yeah but it was his script. If you wrote a script that was very special to you and someone bastardized it, youd get miffed too. QT loved True Romance alot, thats cuz Scott stayed true to the story QT wrote from his heart. He showed respect for QTs art.

[quote=“Jjp”]
yea plus i dont think that tarantino could direct the cinematography as well as oliver stone did in NBK.
[/quote]

[quote=“Jjp”]
QT is better but im just saying QT could not in a million years direct NBK the way it was directed it was a great film…i dont think he would want to but its still a great movie.
[/quote]

Dude, from these quotes it’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about.

[quote=“Ify”]
Dude, from these quotes it’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about.
[/quote]

why because i disagree…NBK is a great film.

[quote=“Jjp”]
why because i disagree…NBK is a great film.
[/quote]

No, because it’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about.

[quote=“Ify”]
No, because it’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about.
[/quote]

and then again i will ask why

Read your posts I quoted in my earlier post, and tell me you know what you’re talking about.

"i dont think that tarantino could direct the cinematography as well as oliver stone did in NBK"

What the fuck does that even mean?

[quote=“Ify”]
Read your posts I quoted in my earlier post, and tell me you know what you’re talking about.

"i dont think that tarantino could direct the cinematography as well as oliver stone did in NBK"

[/quote]

The cameras frequantly change ,colors,B&W, film stock,like 5 differant types of video tapes extreme angles and he knew when to change at the right moment and how to do it to really put an impression for and example the scene where the snake bites her and it keeps changin to red when it goes on here and black and white all around then when he robs the store it is green and you think he is safe green=go and you like he is gona get away and the cops catch him.Then the raw graininess film qaulity of the rapes.

[quote=“Jjp”]
The cameras frequantly change ,colors,B&W, film stock,like 5 differant types of video tapes extreme angles and he knew when to change at the right moment and how to do it to really put an impression for and example the scene where the snake bites her and it keeps changin to red when it goes on here and black and white all around then when he robs the store it is green and you think he is safe green=go and you like he is gona get away and the cops catch him.Then the raw graininess film qaulity of the rapes.
[/quote]

I actually like Oliver Stone very much but it’s not using 15 different film stocks and 4 formats that make him a great director. John Ford never had to do those kind of things to prove he was one of the best director in film history 8)

[quote=“Ify”]
[/quote]
I don’t get your point Ify…it’s pretty crystal clear to me what Jjp means!

[quote=“Jjp”]
[/quote]

That doesn’t mean QT can’t direct that way. It simply means he doesn’t want to. Direction-wise, NBK is overkill. It gets super irritating after a few minutes.

[quote=“Scarface”]
That doesn’t mean QT can’t direct that way. It simply means he doesn’t want to. Direction-wise, NBK is overkill. It gets super irritating after a few minutes.
[/quote]
TO me it just kept me on my toes thinking what is going to happen next?

it comes down to personal preference, MTV generation like the choppy NBK style of editing, DOmino and Man on fire are good examples (quint loved man on fire btw) where as some people prefer the more flowing pulp fiction/jackie brown style.

[quote=“mr blonde_22”]
it comes down to personal preference, MTV generation like the choppy NBK style of editing, DOmino and Man on fire are good examples (quint loved man on fire btw) where as some people prefer the more flowing pulp fiction/jackie brown style.
[/quote]

incorrect because i like jackie brown and pulp better…but i still like NBK and i dident like man on fire or domino.

[quote=“Jjp”]
[/quote]

But QT wasn’t responsible for the cinematography.

I think if QT were to direct NBK, It’d be a whole lot better, and I’d actually like it.

[quote=“Tristan”]
I don’t get your point Ify…it’s pretty crystal clear to me what Jjp means!
[/quote]

You two must be on the same level then. Well done.

whaddya mean well done? is it negative?

I just get his point, that’s all.

[quote=“Ify”]
But QT wasn’t responsible for the cinematography.

[/quote]

no shit he had nothing to do with the film other than script.

[quote=“Jjp”]
incorrect because i like jackie brown and pulp better…but i still like NBK and i dident like man on fire or domino.
[/quote]

i love Domino, but not NBK nor man on fire. but i LOOOVE Domino.

[quote=“Ify”]
I think if QT were to direct NBK, It’d be a whole lot better, and I’d actually like it.
[/quote]

i agree, i saw the film once when it was released, but i read the original script 3 or 4 times …

[quote=“Jjp”]
no shit he had nothing to do with the film other than script.

[/quote]

Oh GOD!! You are completely out of it, dude. There is no point talking to you about this.