The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Quentin and the X-files, was this true? does anyone know anything about it?

I was looking on imdb and it said Quentin wanted to direct an X-files back during it’s first few seasons, but was unable to because of the DGA. Is this true? Does anyone have any info or quotes about it? I would have loved to see a Quentin Tarantino episode, I love the X-files.

It was to be called-‘Never Again’. It was forbidden by the Directors Guild of America. QT was to write the script, but the usual X-Files directors were to direct it.

Plot: Mulder is gone on a holiday, and Scully to Philadelphia for a case. There she meets edward Jerse, who has a tattoo (Betty Boop style) The tattoo talks to him, and is voiced by J.Foster.

Edward and Scully are attracted to each other, soon scully also gets a tatoo (dragon). And teh tattoo is actually a real one that Gillian has.

Meanwhile Mulder is taken on a spiritual journey. He visits Elvis’ grave and home at Graceland

The episode was transmitted on the 2nd February 1997.

The only quote I have, is from Scully:

’‘Your contract, while interesting in the context of science fiction, was, at least in my memory, a poorly veiled synopsis of an episode of Rocky and Bullwinkle’'

Got it from the book-Tarantino by Jim Smith

It can be cool if QT concentrate himself on his movies, like Grindhouse, and not alwayson TV show… :-</E>

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
It can be cool if QT concentrate himself on his movies, like Grindhouse, and not alwayson TV show… :-</E>
[/quote]
But that must have been over 10 years ago… if it was the first season…

[quote=“Piratess”]
It.was.to.be.called.never.again.It.was.forbidden.by.the.DGoA.He.was.to.erite.the.script.but.the.usual.xfiles.directors.were.to.direct.it.

(sorry.my.space.bar.broke)

What.it.was.to.be.about:

Mulder.is.on.a.holiday.Scully.has.a.case.in.philadelphia.where.she.meets.EdwardJerse.who.has.a.tattoo.which.can.talk.Theyre.attracted.to.each.other.Scully.also.gets.a.tattoo

The.tattoo.was.to.be.voiced.by.JodieFoster.

Mulder.is.taken.on.a.spiritual.journey.while.on.his.holiday.He.visits.Elvis.grave.and.home.at.graceland.

The.episode.was.transmitted.on.2nd.February.1997.

Ive.only.one.quote.said.by.Scully.Your.contract.while.interesting.in.the.context.of.science.fiction.was.at.least.in.my.memoryrecounting.a.poorly.veiled.synopsis.of.an.episode.of.Rocky.and.Bullwinkle

Source:Tarantino.by.Jim.Smith

[/quote]

haha, that’s pretty irritating to read. I can’t help but reading it like:

Mulder.

Is.

on.

a.

holiday.

hope you get your spacebar key fixed soon.

lol sorry, I did get it fixed about 5 minutes ago.

But I was advised to just copy and paste in the space, which stupid me haven’t thought of beforehand.grrr me

I’ll edit my previous post^

it’s alright man. good to hear your keyboard is fixed. what happend? did you spill coffee over it?

Haha, I spilled cola over mine. Now the Apple button, Escape and the little green light in the Caps Lock button are broken.

that sucks. I try not to eat and drink behind a pc. I hate those sticky dirty keyboard buttons.

Yeah, that’s a good idea. My keyboard is filled with Doritos and tabacco…

haha. do you even roll your cigarettes in front your pc?

Yeah, not right above the keyboard, though. Actually there’s more ashes than tabacco.

aargh ashes. that’s even worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, tell me about it :stuck_out_tongue: Every now and then I get the keys off to clean the keyboard with an old toothbrush. That works great.

[quote=“Vince_Vega”]
Yeah, not right above the keyboard, though. Actually there’s more ashes than tabacco.
[/quote]

lol same problem man, it’s all over the place

[quote=“LetsGoToWork”]
did you spill coffee over it?
[/quote]
tea to be precise ;D