QTs New Film: DJANGO UNCHAINED (THE "SOUTHERN")

I sent it to ya :wink:

Everything is so quiet . . . are they still shooting the movie?

QT in New Orleans for Django. That’s two titles (based on the screenplay alone for Django) Tarantino will officially adopt, adapt, and make the definitive version it will be considered by. At this rate his John Brown pic will be called White Mandingo.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/20 … _unch.html”>Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' will shoot in New Orleans, city confirms</LINK_TEXT>

Folks wouldn’t happen to have a picture of his wanderings around New Orleans?

Any word on who will play the role of “Broomhilda”. I’ve heard Kerry Washington, who I’m not entirely familiar with, other than that joke “Lakeview Terrance” movie.

Speaking of that role, what about the idea of Zoe Saldana?

[quote=“TheBaylen”]Speaking of that role, what about the idea of Zoe Saldana?[/quote]

Please no.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”][quote=“TheBaylen”]Speaking of that role, what about the idea of Zoe Saldana?[/quote]

Please no.[/quote]

Please God no.

why whats wrong with her?

Haha, probably a little too campy of a suggestion, but it IS just a suggestion. I just can’t think of any actresses that could possibly fill the role that have been getting attention these days.

One, I don’t think she’s all that like a lot of people after Avatar thought. Two, her personality as an actress is that of a strong woman in any circumstance, and I seriously doubt she has the chops to portray a character as complex as Broomhilda by breaking free of that.

Been updating our pages a bit. Due to time constraints, there is still much work to be done

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … _Unchained”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Django_Unchained</LINK_TEXT>

reminder: anyone of you can edit those pages if you have an account. Dont have one but want to contribute? message me

I was just thinking… What if Ennio Morricone scored the music for the Django Unchained? Since he didn’t score the music for Basterds, QT might be wanting him to make the music. This is all speculation but still I think it could be possible(?)

And the release date of the film is 25th of December 2012, Morricone would have enough time. Unless QT wants to rush to Cannes again.

here’s a so so interview with Chris Waltz

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ … even_after”>http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/christoph_waltz_wont_talk_about_his_role_in_django_unchained_not_even_after</LINK_TEXT>

Richardson and Raskin are in

<LINK_TEXT text=“Tabloids claim Tarantino plans Dracula movie - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … unchained/”>Tarantino finds editor and DP for Django Unchained - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

Love Richardson. Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds have such a beautiful style to them, I don’t really know how to explain it. Quite different from Death Proof, which Q.T. did himself in between those two. Richardson’ work on Q.T.'s flicks has a kind of polished, glossy look. Like the opening scene in Basterds, it just looks so, huge, grand and epic. God, so excited!

[quote=“Ify”]I really hope Omar Doom, Eli Roth, or any of QT’s other mates - who bring fuck all to a film if not serve to weaken it - aren’t in Django Unchained. For me, the integrity of IB (and DP) was tarnished by having jokers like those two in them. It did used to be the case that QT chose the RIGHT actors for the right roles, but after DP and IB, it’s just not the complete case anymore.
[/quote]

Doesn’t look like there’s any sign of them in the imdb cast. I didn’t think QT hired them in back-to-back films just because they were all friends, but it was a way of QT having his own “Stock company” of supporting actors (A nod to old times) Looks like the streak might’ve ended here though.

[quote=“Pete”]
Theres not alot of films in that genre but a few titles are: Drum, Skin Game, Puddin Head Wilson. Also ROOTs miniseries, which isnt a movie movie but still part of that genre. Also Goodbye Uncle Tom is more of a mondo movie, but thats completely about the sickening world of slavery.[/quote]

Good reference picks (Saw Skin Game a couple months back and enjoyed it) The Legend of Ni99er Charley counts for it’s plantation 1st act. Another from the slave era that I’ve got, but haven’t watched yet:

I just noticed that so many of these movies seem to take place in the 1830s. Isn’t it said that DU takes place in the 1850’s? At least that makes it a bit closer to “Wild West” times----One thing that always drives me nuts about Westerns is how the clothing & weaponry always seems to reflect the 1870s…Even though the storyline takes place during or before The Civil War :laugh:

I crack up at the Django countdown. THREE HUNDRED AND BLAH BLAH BLAH days to go until DJANGO!!! LOL.

tons of new pictures!

<LINK_TEXT text=“New Django Images Quotes and Jamie Foxx still - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … unchained/”>New official pictures from Django Unchained - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

^Hey! It’s the “Minnesota Clay” saloon! Wonder if there’s going to be other nods and easter eggs hidden around like that.

…And of course, Django meeting Django…

Pure awesomeness!!!

Those pictures look awesome. I wonder when do we get to see the first footage. Can’t wait.

BOOYAH!

Django Unchained Teaser Trailer Preview [HD]: First Look Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz & More - YouTube