QTs New Film: DJANGO UNCHAINED (THE "SOUTHERN")

[quote=“roulette67”]He wouldn’t be my first choice either. But… don’t dismiss him. I haven’t read the script, I’d rather wait til the movie comes out and enjoy the experience. [/quote]

This.

[quote] I’m just glad it’s not Will Smith.[/quote]

Same here. Of all the rumoured auditions, I would’ve loved to see Idris Elba get the role, but I’ll be intrigued to see how Foxx pulls this one off

[quote=“MikeSabian”][quote=“roulette67”]He wouldn’t be my first choice either. But… don’t dismiss him. I haven’t read the script, I’d rather wait til the movie comes out and enjoy the experience. [/quote]

This.

[quote] I’m just glad it’s not Will Smith.[/quote]

Same here. Of all the rumoured auditions, I would’ve loved to see Idris Elba get the role, but I’ll be intrigued to see how Foxx pulls this one off[/quote]

It would be nice to know if Elba ever auditioned to the role. We only know rumors. But yeah, I believe in Jamie Foxx. Way better than Will Smith.

ALL PRAISE THE FOXX!

I smell a great performance in this. The ups and downs of the character were fascinating.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]ALL PRAISE THE FOXX!

I smell a great performance in this. The ups and downs of the character were fascinating.[/quote]

Haven’t seen you around latelly, Ordell. I’m glad your back :slight_smile:

Have you read the script?

Yeah I can see Jamie Foxx standing around with his shirt off lookin all buff oiled and sweaty glistening in the sun looking all Mandingoish gettin ready to kick Di Caprio’s ass and do bad things to his sister :smiley:

[quote=“jonitapani”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]ALL PRAISE THE FOXX!

I smell a great performance in this. The ups and downs of the character were fascinating.[/quote]

Haven’t seen you around latelly, Ordell. I’m glad your back :slight_smile:

Have you read the script?[/quote]

About halfway, to the introduction of Broomhilda. Had to tear myself away it was so good, but reading the Inglourious Basterds script ruined alot of the first time joy for me.

Is this shit verified, Leo is the slave master/head bad guy?

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]Is this shit verified, Leo is the slave master/head bad guy?[/quote]

I think is as verified as Waltz being the Bounty Hunter. Though you can literally read from the script that the Bounty Hunter role is for Waltz. So, hopefully DiCaprio is the bad guy.

The story of Broomhilda, man it was written well. The whole script is so great I’d like to read it again. But maybe it’s just better I don’t.

I cried a little when I saw the news that Costner might be in Django. Tears of joy :’(

Almost makes up for the fact that Leo’s gonna be in it. Motherfucker could barely pull off a boston accent.

WhATTTTT???

Leo is great :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]I cried a little when I saw the news that Costner might be in Django. Tears of joy :’(

Almost makes up for the fact that Leo’s gonna be in it. Motherfucker could barely pull off a boston accent.[/quote]

I never cared much for Kevin Costner. He's the kind of actor who spends an entire movie with the same fucking expression on his face. He plays safe. Never understood what people saw in him.

Dicaprio, on the other hand, while far from one of my favourite actors, is someone who always gives a good performance in whatever movie he's in. The only thing that's left is for him to play a bad guy, which will eventually happen in Django.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Tarantino has become a complete turd. What quality there was in movies such as Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction (though absolutely not pro-White, especially the latter) is completely gone.

This new film promises to be just as awful as his last catastrophe of a movie.[/quote]

Buddy, if you can’t appreciate a picture just for the simple fact that you don’t agree with the message than you have no place in a movie forum.

Take me for example, I find the message in Birth of a Nation to be hideous, nonetheless I think that movie at its time was the greatest acomplishment in cinema.

I like some of Costner’s work The Untouchables Field of Dreams Bull Durham No Way Out JFK

The ones I don’t Dances with Wolves Waterworld and any other damn movie he directed >:( The man obviously can’t direct and act at the time Talk about some self-indulgent work Open up the dictionary and you’ll find a pic from The Postman in it

I hope his being in Django doesn’t give Hollywood any bright ideas about letting him direct again

Well after the nazi’s who make better villains. Regardless of the fantasy thing I just hope he gives us scenes like the interrogation from Basterds, the “respectfully refuse” guy? It may be fantasy but he isn’t content to draw clear lines.

As for Leo, I like him, but NOT in a QT movie. I’m fine with his acting in movies where I’m not watching for performance, like his work with Scorsese where he isn’t carrying much weight and all eyes are on the man behind the camera. QT is among the few directors who makes great performances as much a centerpiece in his movies as the big cinematic sequences. Leo does not have the talent for that.

If there is a god in heaven however, I’l live to eat my words come next year. Considering his one note (anxiety, with a healthy bit of anxst) acting abilities, I doubt it.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]As for Leo, I like him, but NOT in a QT movie. I’m fine with his acting in movies where I’m not watching for performance, like his work with Scorsese where he isn’t carrying much weight and all eyes are on the man behind the camera. QT is among the few directors who makes great performances as much a centerpiece in his movies as the big cinematic sequences. Leo does not have the talent for that.

If there is a god in heaven however, I’l live to eat my words come next year. Considering his one note (anxiety, with a healthy bit of anxst) acting abilities, I doubt it.[/quote]

I see your point there but still I trust in Leo. QT quite never picks wrong actors for a role (except Eli Roth maybe…) I’ve read the script and thinking Leo in the role doesn’t seem impossible but it’s not so clear as Waltz playing the bounty hunter. But we’ll see.

Leo is a great actor and I think he would be great in anything. I think Leo and QT will make a beautiful movie together…

I think that the fact that we’re having a hard time picturing Leo for the character is the precise reason why it’s going to be so fu*king awesome! Personally I haven’t really read the script, so of course I can only base my judgement on what all of you people say, but I say, have faith in Quentin.

Oh btw, someone here mentioned Eli Roth. And cmon, Eli Roth didn’t do a bad job in Basterds. Though it’s still a mystery to me why so many scenes that involved him had been cut… (veterinarian, Donny’s backstory, etc.)

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v … ngo-212503”>Kevin Costner to Train Slaves in ‘Django Unchained’ – The Hollywood Reporter</LINK_TEXT>

I’m still not sure about Kevin Costner… He is like Keanu Reaves. One facial expression. Hopefully he will surprise me.

[quote=“jonitapani”]<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v … ngo-212503”>Kevin Costner to Train Slaves in ‘Django Unchained’ – The Hollywood Reporter</LINK_TEXT>

I’m still not sure about Kevin Costner… He is like Keanu Reaves. One facial expression. Hopefully he will surprise me.[/quote]

And I of course meant Keanu Reeves, not Reaves.

Yeah. Kevin Costner is Kevin Costner, but I’m sure Quentin’s got something up his sleeve. I mean he wouldn’t cast him for no reason, he’s fully aware of his images and his skills.

I Quentin we trust.

Hey, guys! Just discovered this board, awesome find stumbling upon this site! I’m pretty psyched for this film - loved Foxx in Ali, and Dicaprio I think will do well as a villain.

I was reading - does anyone actually have the script for it?!

If so, would anyone mind sending it to me? brad.ballanger@gmail.com

Really can’t take the suspense, lol. And being a writer myself, I’d kill to check it out.

If anyone can help me out, thanks!