QT's movie collection

Does anyone know anything about his collection?

I read once on the net that he used to have boxes and boxes of videos… everywhere. But his favourites were in a case displayed. Can anyone confirm this? Or am I just talking nonsense.

I wonder if he buys dvds or sticks to videos.

Yes, he’s got a lot of VHS and DVD, and 35mm movies !

But don’t know the exact list…

I’ve scanned and posted those pics on another post

Now they are from the French Rolling Stone mag issue.

This is his special projection room :

And this is his living-room (you don’t see everything, but on the right, there is his couch, and on it, he has got teddy bears !) :

Thanks for the pics!

Looks like he has alot of movies. I wish i had that many :frowning:

Does anyone know what that poster is of in the top right of the second pic?

I think its a japenese Pulp Fiction one.

yeah I think thats travolta…seen the poster before, but dot know where…I agree with CH

Can you confirm this, cyber lili?

[quote=“j_c”]
Looks like he has alot of movies. I wish i had that many :frowning:
[/quote]

Don’t worry, in time you will.

Hopefully… I’ve only got a lifetime to collect :frowning:/ :slight_smile: :wink:

In the meantime watch the ones you’ve got over and over and over again. Before Orson Welles embarked on ‘Citizen Kane’ he watched John Ford’s ‘Stagecoach’ 40 times.

Hmm interesting.

[quote=“j_c”]
Can you confirm this, cyber lili?
[/quote]

Yes, I can confirme : it is a japanese poster of Pulp Fiction, with Uma and Travolta.

Coolness

It’s this one:

Cool pics! I’d love to see what he’s got in his entire collection. The only movies I can make out on his table are

and

I’ve never heard of/seen the 2nd, what is it?

stupid capatalist world

Those two pics put my entire movie collection to shame. how is it a guy like Tarantino can buy a big house and put it full with collection items I can only dream of having. Because of money and power. All those rich people acting all high and mighty in the magazines and on the television. If it was up to me all those rich bastards would be dead by now.

Don’t forget Martin Scorsese has a very large film collection. I hope fans of cinema aren’t getting the misguided notion that if they watch everything that Quentin Tarantino has watched that they too can be filmmakers with a ‘Dogs’ and ‘Fiction’ under their belts. On the one hand it’s a good thing that fans are checking out ‘A Bande A Parte’ due to Tarantino but at the same time I don’t see any Scorsese fans checking out ‘The Red Shoes’, ‘The Tales of Hoffman’ or ‘The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp’.

He has ‘Batman and Robin’ in his special projector room

[quote=“LetsGoToWork”]
stupid capatalist world

Those two pics put my entire movie collection to shame. how is it a guy like Tarantino can buy a big house and put it full with collection items I can only dream of having. Because of money and power. All those rich people acting all high and mighty in the magazines and on the television. If it was up to me all those rich bastards would be dead by now.
[/quote]

Keep in mind though, (I’m pretty sure) he had some of the prints and other stuff before he became famous.

[quote=“Clinton Morgan”]
Don’t forget Martin Scorsese has a very large film collection. I hope fans of cinema aren’t getting the misguided notion that if they watch everything that Quentin Tarantino has watched that they too can be filmmakers with a ‘Dogs’ and ‘Fiction’ under their belts. On the one hand it’s a good thing that fans are checking out ‘A Bande A Parte’ due to Tarantino but at the same time I don’t see any Scorsese fans checking out ‘The Red Shoes’, ‘The Tales of Hoffman’ or ‘The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp’.
[/quote]

well, I check out a lot of films scorsese recommends…

also working in a videostore and watching the movies qt did, doesnt give you the talent :stuck_out_tongue:

same thing: looking at works by da vinci, dali, monet or van gogh, it doesnt give you the skill of making a painting of the same qualities

I really dont know why a lot of people think that making movies is easy. Like all works of art: it’s like sitting on your knees to pave the street.