QT talks about De Niro and his films

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Vg6up_IS0

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0u4POopKo0

Part3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERaqk2W7Vo0

A little interview from 1994.

In it he discusses Mean Streets, The Godfather: Part 2, Taxi Driver, The Deer Hunter, Raging Bull and Once Upon a Time in America.

At the end he wishes De Niro would would go back to being selective and emulate Keitel’s choices in the '90s.

I wonder if Qt was referring to Heat (which was released a year later in 1995) when he talks about what an event it would be if De Niro and Pacino teamed up for a movie… or re-united with Keitel.

It’s also ironic considering De Niro would be directed by QT 3 years later in Jackie Brown.

That was cool to watch, thanks for that. Its weird. You think youve seen every QT interview but something new always pops up. nice

Cool stuff, If you find more post it ASAP :slight_smile:

Excellent!! I really enjoyed this one.

I want to see these movies.

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Cool stuff, If you find more post it ASAP :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Yeah ASAP, you little geek. I’ll watch these interview later, thx for sharing it :wink:

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
[/quote]

You mean you watched it without having seen some of them, haven’t you ruined them? Like The Deer Hunter, it’s one of the worst spoilers you can get.

Anyway, awesome! I wanted to watch it from the moment I saw this thread this morning, but I didn’t have time, so now I finally did. Though sometimes he wasn’t even talking about De Niro at all, it was great. I could watch Tarantino talk about films all day, he’s the best. TRUE passion, no smart-ass stuff, it’s what fans need, they can relate. There is NOTHING more annoying than some intelligent jerk analyzing movies his way, talking slowly and all, I can’t stand these guys.

Really bad he didn’t talk about Jackie Brown, I was really expecting to see that. I’ll have to buy JB special edition some day, imagine, I’m on this forum, I don’t even have one special edition of QT’s films.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Really bad he didn’t talk about Jackie Brown, I was really expecting to see that. I’ll have to buy JB special edition some day, imagine, I’m on this forum, I don’t even have one special edition of QT’s films.
[/quote]

Wow. That is surprising. Haha

I love the Jackie Brown SE. You learn a thing or two about exploitation movies and QT also has a few interviews as well. The DVD also contains TONS of trailers from the films of Robert Forrester and Pam Grier.

I have the US Special Edition and the French Special Edition, different extras, both great dvd editions.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
[/quote]
Which movies have you seen that’s listed

Some of Raging Bull when it used to come on TV.

That’s it. :slight_smile:

Hahah, wow

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
Some of Raging Bull when it used to come on TV.

That’s it. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
:o

You got to see Taxi Driver and Deer Hunter!

Yeah, I’ve been dying to see Taxi Driver.

Plus, Mean Streets looks great as well!

Dude, SEE Mean Streets, it’s my favourite Scorsese movie, it’s brilliant, very relaxed, no big scams, no dramas, no bigshots, no Pesci with a record breaking number of the word “fuck” used. Totally love it. It’s also got awesome music, could be one of my favourite soundtracks ever.

[quote=“Bleach”]
…no Pesci with a record breaking number of the word “fuck” used.
[/quote]

Awwww…well that takes all the fun out of it!

I cant believe some of you guys still havent seen those films yet!! That stuff is like Movie Geek 101 stuff!!

And Mean Streets is so goddamn good I actually love it MORE than GoodFellas!

Here we are talkin movies and you guys havent even seen these Scorsese classics?!! WHAT THE FUCK?!! YA MOOKS! :slight_smile:

What’s a Mook? :wink:

See? Max knows!! haha.

“DD: Dissapointed Dunsky!”

I’ll give ya mook! ;D