Hi guys I’m doing some research on the fandom surrounding Quentin Tarantino for my film studies project and I’d greatly appreciate it if as many people as possible on the forum answered the following in this questionaire.
Your answer can be in the form of a “yes” or a “no” to some questions but it would be cool and helpful if you could write a few sentances in response. Each question is numbered so that when you reply just put for example; “A3…” (meaning answer to question 3) to the question your answering and your answer next to it. Also it would help me greatly if you guys could try and answer all of the questions or at least most of them. I hope you guys have fun answering this:
- Do you consider yourself a hardcore fan of Quentin Tarantino and his films?
- Do you visit other websites concerning Q.T and/or his films?
- Do you always purchase the films heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s involved in to support him even if he only acts in them or Ã¢â‚¬ËœpresentsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ them (e.g. Ã¢â‚¬ËœHostelÃ¢â‚¬â„¢, Ã¢â‚¬ËœFrom dusk till dawnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ etc.)?
- Are you proud of your fandom?
- Do you ever attend conventions concerning Tarantino and/or his films?
- Do you believe that you, as a fan can affect the final product of some or all of QuentinÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s films?
- Do you feel that as a fan, you have more insight into Quentin TarantinoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s style than non-fans whilst viewing his films?
- Do you feel that Q.T. fandom is something that is slightly looked down upon by casual viewers?
- What is your attitude towards casual viewers of his films? Do you feel TarantinoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s films are directed more to you as a fan, rather than a wide general audience?
- Do you ever go to special cinema screenings/festivals to do with Q.T films?
- Do you feel that casual viewers are missing out vital cinema experiences and friends through their non-fandom?
- Do you usually buy into all of the merchandising products to do with Tarantino and his films?
- Do you ever disagree with film critics/reviewers in relation to their reviews on Quentin Tarantino’s film/s?
- Would you rate him greater than any other director there is or was and why?
- What are your feelings on Q.T. directing Ã¢â‚¬ËœDeath ProofÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ in the ‘Grindhouse’ double feature and do you think the mainstream audience will understand it in terms of style and it’s double featured structure?