Prop Cocaine

What is the secret to this prop? I’ve seen many films where “cocaine” was snorted. Any idea on how to pull this off?

I was thinking of using powdered sugar for the cocaine itself, but I think the consistency would be off a bit. What else could be used to fake cocaine?

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
What is the secret to this prop? I’ve seen many films where “cocaine” was snorted. Any idea on how to pull this off?

I was thinking of using powdered sugar for the cocaine itself, but I think the consistency would be off a bit. What else could be used to fake cocaine?
[/quote]
baking soda and flour

powdered sugar is your best best cuz it goes up much easier than flour which is too thick.

use evaporated milk guys. i used it in my cocaine flick from last year. works like a charm and looks ridiculously good.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 914.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,7914.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

^yea that would work good. I snorted flour for a film once, not knowing that it is insanely harmful to your body i was told by one of my actors who is currently in culinary school. Its really bad for your body when it mixes with your saliva.

[quote=“Bluesteel”]
use evaporated milk guys. i used it in my cocaine flick from last year. works like a charm and looks ridiculously good.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 914.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,7914.0.html</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]
that’s correct. The grocery stores lock up the powder baby formula because people steal it to cut drugs with…the mgr. at the grocery store explained that to me when I asked him why the locked the shit up. I wouldn’t want to snort it…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://forums.studentfilms.com/eve/foru … 9466003084”>http://forums.studentfilms.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1486066451/m/9466003084</LINK_TEXT>

Just crush up some diet pills and snort that. It might burn the nostrils a bit but

your actors will appreciate the realism. In fact, if your actors aren’t willing to provide

the real thing than they aren’t all that devoted in the first place now are they?

If everything else fails just use real cocaine ;D

[quote=“DexPac”]
In fact, if your actors aren’t willing to provide

the real thing than they aren’t all that devoted in the first place now are they?
[/quote]

Ha, my actors that I had for that scene actually snort all kinds of shit: pills, coke, and God knows what else. They wanted to do the real thing, but I really never liked the idea of having that shit on set.

We used flower for a class film ages back… it wasnt Cocaine though it was a " Necrotic" and it turned people into Zombies… mabye we should have called it a Necromethamphetamine…

Ground up Vitamin B12.

EVAPORATED MILK. I’m serious.

watch my film in the thread i posted above. it looks damn good and is not harmful at all to the system.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
Ha, my actors that I had for that scene actually snort all kinds of shit: pills, coke, and God knows what else. They wanted to do the real thing, but I really never liked the idea of having that shit on set.
[/quote]

Shit, I’d use the real thing as long as you’ve got access to it. Unless your filming

in a public place or something. Just tell everyone who you don’t trust that it’s flour

or any one of the things people have suggested in this thread. At least for the

shots where they’re gonna be snorting it. You can use anything to represent large

amounts still in the bag.

[quote=“DexPac”]
You can use anything to represent large

[/quote]
Or on the desk like the coke mountain in Scarface ;D

[quote=“DexPac”]
Shit, I’d use the real thing as long as you’ve got access to it. Unless your filming

in a public place or something. Just tell everyone who you don’t trust that it’s flour

or any one of the things people have suggested in this thread. At least for the

shots where they’re gonna be snorting it. You can use anything to represent large

[/quote]

The real thing can be costly. :wink:

"Youth Jailed for Prop Cocaine"

Terrytown Daily News

A Quentin Tarantino fan was arrested when his prop cocaine turned out to be the real thing. Jimmy Barnes, 16, of Oats Bluff was shooting his latest DV film “Frozen Noses” in the local playground when Officer Marvin Nash arrived on the scene while a bloody shootout sequence was taking place near the slides. Nash found a small baggie of white powder and while noone was looking he tested it with his drug kit. It turned out the prop coke was pure yayo. Officer Nash was clearly distraught and said in an interview that he is appalled that the youth are so reckless that theyd use real cocaine instead of just using powdered sugar or powdered milk: “These **** kids today…I’ll tell ya…What is this world coming to? These **** kids today!” Barnes’ Tarantino inspired crime film Frozen Noses has been shelved for now. Barnes was overheard crying when his parents arrived and took his camera away. Barnes’ lead actor Pip Menzies, 16, told police that he didnt know the coke was real: “Aw wow maaan, I feel so bad yo. We were gonna go see The Simpsons movie this weekend! Deezang. There goes that idea yo.” Jimmy Barnes will be held on $10,000 bond until he is arraigned and a judgement is made.

[quote=“Jjp”]
The real thing can be costly. :wink:
[/quote]

Particularly when you snort it all and then realise you have to do another take…

yea, i was arrested one time for using my airsoft guns out. They handcuffed me and my friends and they searched my friends house, for the reason that while i was filming some of my friends where fuckin around with the guns shooting them with bbs and someone called the cops because they where flying at houses.

PING! PING! PING! annnnnd cut! print!

[quote=“Jjp”]
^yea that would work good. I snorted flour for a film once, not knowing that it is insanely harmful to your body i was told by one of my actors who is currently in culinary school. Its really bad for your body when it mixes with your saliva.
[/quote]

Wow, that sounds like something only an idiot would do. Snorting real coke would have been less harmful.