The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Poster in Death Proof?

Hi from Denmark :slight_smile:. Does anyone know who made the poster hanging in the room in one of the first scenes in Death Proof? The poster is a bondage-inspired black/white photo - a woman hanging with her head down - and it seems like there is a city down under her. If nobody knows who made this poster- or where to buy it- does anyone know who to contact to get the name of it?

I just love this poster - so thanks if someone could give me a hint or help in anyway.

Its the poster for Soldier Blue, its an early 70s Revisionist Western genre film partly about Civil War Union soldiers massacring Indian tribes. Starring Peter Strauss and Candice Bergen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066390/

revisionist? how come?

(having say that i don’t like soldier blue)

Revisionist is a re-examination of a certain period of history. QTs going to be doing his own revisionist films in the future. Inglorious Bastards (WW2) and his “Southern”, which will re-examine America’s dealings with slavery within a genre film format.

That poster is probably a little clue as to what kinds of films QT is going to make in the future.

oh ok. “revisionist” is usually a very pejorative word, that is why i asked.

Thank you very much for telling me this :-*. I have spent so much time searching, and now within zero point no time with your help I succeeded. What a nice example of the magic of networking.

Best regards from a future Soldier Blue Poster Owner in Copenhagen, Denmark -

Louise

You’re very welcome Louise. Glad I could help! :smiley:

" “Southern”, which will re-examine America’s dealings with slavery within a genre film format."

wait, what? why have i never heard of this?

he talks about it in the itw he did w seb.

speaking of posters in deathproof, who is it in that poster in jungle julias house above the sofa?

thats a cool poster.

Brigit Bardot, Famous French actress

Brigitte Bardot, no offence :stuck_out_tongue: French could mistake too on US names, but if you write it without the “tte”, it looks like the german name :wink:

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Brigit Bardot, Famous French actress
[/quote]

ah! of course! shoulda known

thanks!

Lili: Sorry, BRIGITTE Bardot. :slight_smile:

Kate: Glad i could help! I dig your Tura Satana look! :slight_smile:

[quote=“e4ok”]
Thank you very much for telling me this :-*. I have spent so much time searching, and now within zero point no time with your help I succeeded. What a nice example of the magic of networking.

Best regards from a future Soldier Blue Poster Owner in Copenhagen, Denmark -

Louise

[/quote]

I think that poster was specially made for the film. I remember reading about it in the Grindhouse book.

Brigitte Bardot is half swedish I think.

Ahah, why do you want everybody to be half swedish ?? ;D

Oops, she married an norwegian, she ain’t swedish at all:P

Hi there!

Does anyone know where I can find that Brigitte Bardot poster? I would so love such a poster over my sofa :0)

I think they made it for the movie, there’s no such poster. It’s a still from a movie, not a real poster. But maybe I’m wrong :wink: