Post your script/movie ideas here

[quote=“roulette67”]
my script is about an anti hero. but a group of them. that could pull the audience in too many directions, leaving them confused. you don’t want to confuse the audience. Keep It Simple. Pick one anti hero to be the main focus, but not the winner and kind of circle the movie around him OR make it about the family against some obstacle. just a suggestion.
[/quote]

I dunno I kind of like movie that have ensemble casts and each character has their own arc.

The trick is just to make each character vital to the plot. I think the audience can accept

multiple storylines as long as it’s all connected and doesn’t just feel filler.

I have an idea for a commercial, A leone showdown that ends up with the winner stealing the losers jeans. it based on a series of commerccials were kids my age could make their own shorts promoting a jeans store and I think i could make a better one.

“J-Store, Youth Culture by JC” ;D

Currently writing:

• Soul Plane II - fo shizzle!

• Deuce Bigalow: Mexican Jigalow

• Hostel III

(I’m using old people instead of young hot models)

[quote=“Biohazard”]

• Hostel III

(I’m using old people instead of young hot models)[/quote]
    Yeah, this will rock 8)

I’ve been toying with the idea of writing a drama about an old man with alzheimer’s disease or some form of amnesia (haven’t really done proper research yet). Basically the story would be that he’s in a home and even though his ex-wife and daughters have been visiting him for months now, he never recognizes them. The ex-wife and the daughters convince the old man’s son to come and see him hoping maybe it will jog a memory.

The son becomes the only person that the old man remembers. We would then learn that the old man and his son have been entangled in a bitter feud for years but the old man doesn’t remember any of it. He just remembers the son as a boy/when things were good.

All I’ve got written so far is a few drunken notes, no real details and surely not enough to start writing a script but essentially the film would be about a father clinging on to the good memory’s and a son who only remembers the bad ones.

The idea actually came from a dream I had where my father was dieing. I came into his hospital room, saw him looking all sickly and bolted for the door. As I reached the handle he yelled out “I’ve got medical marijuana!”, so I stayed. I woke up and wrote down “Big Fish, but with Pot” in a notebook before passing out again. Later that day I heard a story on NPR about a father who had suffered a head injury, got amnesia and could only remember the daughter that wanted nothing to do with him.

A brown bear is accused of molesting his cub. Inspired by the bible.

I wrote this one about 10 years ago, I was 17 or so at the time so don’t be too harshly.

http://www.geocities.com/xxxvomitsquadxxx/Untitled.pdf

[quote=“T.C. Bryant”]
I wrote this one about 10 years ago, I was 17 or so at the time so don’t be too harshly.

http://www.geocities.com/xxxvomitsquadxxx/Untitled.pdf
[/quote]

Have you written anything since? There’s a few lines of action where you slip into past tense and that first paragraph should probly be cut down some but other than that it was pretty good.

Yeah I write everyday, or atleast I try to. On my first drafts I tend to just worry about dialogue mostly then work on the action in the second draft.

I’ve recently ditched the Father and son alzheimer’s script and decided that maybe being controversial is better than being talented. With that in mind I’ve begun breaking a script for a 9/11 “Conspiracy theory” film. Basically since history, science and video evidence have proven that the 9/11 Commission Report is a lie and that Flight 11 and Flight 175 did not take down the Twin Towers, I’ve started crafting a mostly fictitious storyline based around the facts the official 9/11 Commission Report left out.

The story will basically be about how the “powerful organization” behind the attacks’ first plan failed. The initial plan was that the planes hitting the buildings were supposed to trigger the explosives that would implode the buildings, but something went wrong. They would then have to find two “replacement bombers” to infiltrate the towers and trigger the explosives manually. The bulk of the story would follow the “replacement bombers” depicting them as Jack Bauer/John McLane style characters.

The main thing I’m trying to do with this is to show that even though it’s mostly fiction it will still be full of legitimate facts that most people don’t know about. Hopefully it will prompt the American people into doing a little research beyond what the mainstream media has told them to believe.

Good luck on attracting funding for that. ;D

[quote=“Dex”]
I’ve recently ditched the Father and son alzheimer’s script and decided that maybe being controversial is better than being talented. With that in mind I’ve begun breaking a script for a 9/11 “Conspiracy theory” film. Basically since history, science and video evidence have proven that the 9/11 Commission Report is a lie and that Flight 11 and Flight 175 did not take down the Twin Towers, I’ve started crafting a mostly fictitious storyline based around the facts the official 9/11 Commission Report left out.

The story will basically be about how the “powerful organization” behind the attacks’ first plan failed. The initial plan was that the planes hitting the buildings were supposed to trigger the explosives that would implode the buildings, but something went wrong. They would then have to find two “replacement bombers” to infiltrate the towers and trigger the explosives manually. The bulk of the story would follow the “replacement bombers” depicting them as Jack Bauer/John McLane style characters.

The main thing I’m trying to do with this is to show that even though it’s mostly fiction it will still be full of legitimate facts that most people don’t know about. Hopefully it will prompt the American people into doing a little research beyond what the mainstream media has told them to believe.
[/quote]

or better yet make a comedy about conspiracy nuts, like the South Park episode.

here’s some inspiration for you:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net … 911_morons”>There is no 9/11 conspiracy you morons.</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“PT Anderson”]
A brown bear is accused of molesting his cub. Inspired by the bible.
[/quote]

Brilliant. I’m stealing it.

[quote=“Dex”]

[/quote]

I would encourage everyone to do something controversial, best of luck with it. 9/11 is something I’d always be inclined to stay away from though. Although I’m sure in the not-too-distant future we’ll see something of similar ilk on our screens .

[quote=“Scarface”]
Good luck on attracting funding for that. ;D
[/quote]

Lol, yeah, I don’t really ever expect it to get made but I figure maybe I can at least generate enough controversy to get looked at. Plus, it’s really the only thing I’ve got going right now that I’m actually motivated enough to write.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
or better yet make a comedy about conspiracy nuts, like the South Park episode.

here’s some inspiration for you:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net … 911_morons”>There is no 9/11 conspiracy you morons.</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

Funny, Loose Change and Alex Jones’ documentaries are what inspired me to write this. Kinda funny that the guy that runs that site refuting 9/11 conspiracies gets all of his information from governmental investigations. And the Popular Mechanics article is only able to refute the most ridiculous of conspiracy theories.

Do something controversial about Vietnam. It’s not to old but not too recent either. You could have as much fun with that as you want, seeing as how nobody really liked that war. I was planning to write about three marines stuck in Vietnam who become mecenaries for the Vietcong Rebels to take out Vietnamese generals and high power officials. Still plotting that out though.

Since I’m practically finished with my revenge movie script, I’m taking on a Titanic conspiracy movie next, basing everything on this website:

Official Website for the Titanic truth movement.

WARNING: Do only click if you are ready for the TRUTH, don’t click if you like being a sheep.

[quote]- slasher/posession script - chick possessed by radio evangelist’s broadcasts to do gods work[/quote]

I like this!

I had a idea for a script few minutes ago.

There’s a killer on the loose who doesn’t want to go to prison, no matter what. He faces a “enterprise” which deals with lawbreakers who haven’t been touched by the strong hand of the law. The “enterprise” offers to these lawbreakers a protection, no matter what. Our killer accepts the deal, but finds out that the “enterprise” is a total fiddle. When they get a lawbreaker on their list, they report to the police about it. Our killer doesn’t accept fiddle like that and now his only task is to bring this “enterprise” down, no matter what.

Maybe I start writing about that, dunno yet. Tell me what you think of the idea and should I write it down?

[quote=“Solox”]
I had a idea for a script few minutes ago.

There’s a killer on the loose who doesn’t want to go to prison, no matter what. He faces a “enterprise” which deals with lawbreakers who haven’t been touched by the strong hand of the law. The “enterprise” offers to these lawbreakers a protection, no matter what. Our killer accepts the deal, but finds out that the “enterprise” is a total fiddle. When they get a lawbreaker on their list, they report to the police about it. Our killer doesn’t accept fiddle like that and now his only task is to bring this “enterprise” down, no matter what.

Maybe I start writing about that, dunno yet. Tell me what you think of the idea and should I write it down?
[/quote]

Of course you should. It’s hard to judge a story’s worth when it’s still just an idea, even as the writer. I’ve been writing a virtual series for a few months now and every time I have to map out an episode each scene feels like it’s gonna be crap or the over all script isn’t gonna be long enough. But as soon as I start writing the dialogue and really get into “fleshing scenes out” somehow things just come to life in a way I’d never expected.

currently im working on a script that is about two brothers from Samoa when at the age of 12 one of the brothers leaves to live with relatives in New Zealand. At the age of 22 the brother living in Samoa moves to New Zealand and finds his brother to be a criminal working in the drug underworld in South Auckland. I cant think of an ending scene but the story will end up with one of the brothers dying.

I have several titles in mind such as:

Once Upon A Time In The South

Once Upon A Time In New Zealand

Once Were Brothers