Planet Terror DVD

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
In a way I dont like to see every last detail about movies I like because it sometimes takes away the mystique they have for me.
[/quote]

which probably is the very reason our man Quentin doesn´t do audio commentaries for his movies.

They will probably do another disc set then with the whole Grindhouse experience AND the trailers…milking it out a bit, but I gotta have that too! I kinda feel left out not seeing it in full glory :frowning:

[quote=“Biohazard”]
It’s not in the DP dvd which bummed me out, but if you ask me the Grindhouse DVDs are awful, in terms of special features content. Hey what do ya know Robert is doing a commentary track and the 10 min flick school, I love Robert’s dvds he always has something new and useful to say. Can’t wait to buy it.
[/quote]

Is he doing another 10 Minute Cooking School?

I know this comment is for BIO but I am a strong proponent of kick ass extras on DVD’s.

You’re absolutely right, extras should include hookers giving BJ’s. And for the ladies, Brad Pitt should do a strip tease or make a personal house call to provide manual labor! Such as, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, paint the house… a foot massage would be nice.

I would happily buy a DVD with no extra footage if the price of the DVD was cut in half. Because we have to spend between 20-30 bucks on a freaken movie…

I DEMAND (informative none sucky) EXTRAS!!!

We deserve more bang for the buck people!

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Bio: What exactly do you think would make them more incredible? Until DVDs contain hookers who can give BJs, I dont really know what you want from them. Buy the DVD for the movie itself, not for the extras.
[/quote]

I’m sure six months after we all buy DP and PT seperately there will be an uber expensive limited edition box set released. I’m willing to bet 10 minute cooking school will be in the box set and not on the individual PT DVD.

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
Is he doing another 10 Minute Cooking School?
[/quote]

[quote=“Biohazard”]
www.houseofhorrors.com

At least I know when to buy it.
[/quote]

oooool news

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … Terror_DVD”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Planet_Terror_DVD</LINK_TEXT>

Wow, your site has it all! :o

Can I suggest one thing though, the orange background is a bit…blinding, it hurts my eyes.

there’s no more orange than in here. but you might have internet explorer and it’s all screwed up though

I do have internet explorer. :stuck_out_tongue:

bestbuy.com has the steelbook dvd up for pre-order.

Already pre-orered!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I do have internet explorer. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Ive been using firefox allot lately… ive had it for a long time but i was too lazy to use it over explorer… but i guess it grew on me…

Supposedly the DVD is 1.78:1 instead of the 2.35:1 framing that the Grindhouse theatrical version had. The sides are cut off unlike Once Upon a Time in Mexico which opened up the tops of the frame when it went to video.

I wouldn’t buy the steel book cover edition. 1 - it’s the same shit as the extended version, the missing reel is still missing - I’m wondering if Rodriguez even bothered to film it. Planet Terror dosen’t hold up with the missing reel at all, it just makes you wonder if he can even tell a coherent story, too bad he pissed away a great zombie movie. Well not a zombie movie a 28 Days/sub-genre zombie movie. It pisses me off that they release a 30 dollar dvd with an incomplete “movie” - who in their right mind would buy that shit.

The missing reel stuff was a nice idea when the movie was called Grindhouse, but didn’t make much sense once the two movies were divided. That’s why QT added his missing reel in the European cut of Death Proof. Robert should have filmed his part and done the same.

I think Planet Terror works better with an entire reel missing. It would have been stupid to make one up for the DVD release. The missing reel in PT is sort of like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction. Unlike in DP, where we know what happened during the missing reel without having to see it, in PT we’re not supposed to know what happened.

Shit, the movie is still bad ass! How the fuck can everyone suck QT’s dick and then trash this movie? The only thing you dont find out is the origin of El Wray. Thats it. Its a nice mystery. If you cant understand the movie because you dont know who Wray is then I have no idea how you followed the 2 hours of gab in DP. Watching people talk for 2 hours is just awesome!!!

I like Death Proof and all but the second half is really silly. Mike attacks the girls, then gets out to give them a good look as he is about to drive off, that is stupid plus the chase is nothing special yet is hyped up here all the time as if it wasnt done on TJ Hooker 20 years ago. LAME! Its even being said to be better than Pulp! Thats just nuts. Damn, I like QT more than RR but give the guy some credit. His films are getting pretty fuckin good. PT was the best Horror movie of the year hands down. I could have swore QT wrote it himself. Im possitive he had a heavy hand in the development.

Almost everyone, outside of this board, who went to see it liked it better than DP. Even Rob Zombies dick got sucked off for Devils Rejects but for some reason RR gets dissed.

What do you care if some people liked DP more? Calm down and go and get some fresh air.

word.

chill out everyone. no hostilities please

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
Shit, the movie is still bad ass! How the fuck can everyone suck QT’s dick and then trash this movie? The only thing you dont find out is the origin of El Wray. Thats it. Its a nice mystery. If you cant understand the movie because you dont know who Wray is then I have no idea how you followed the 2 hours of gab in DP. Watching people talk for 2 hours is just awesome!!!

I like Death Proof and all but the second half is really silly. Mike attacks the girls, then gets out to give them a good look as he is about to drive off, that is stupid plus the chase is nothing special yet is hyped up here all the time as if it wasnt done on TJ Hooker 20 years ago. LAME! Its even being said to be better than Pulp! Thats just nuts. Damn, I like QT more than RR but give the guy some credit. His films are getting pretty fuckin good. PT was the best Horror movie of the year hands down. I could have swore QT wrote it himself. Im possitive he had a heavy hand in the development.

Almost everyone, outside of this board, who went to see it liked it better than DP. Even Rob Zombies dick got sucked off for Devils Rejects but for some reason RR gets dissed.
[/quote]

Why are you getting all excited for, I’m talking about the Planet Terror DVDs, if they’re going to sell a $30.00 dollar copy they should at least add the missing reel and more extra content like the Sin City bundle which I really like. They’re selling the same shit for an extra $10.00 - the only new thing about it is the steelbook cover. The extended edition is better, plus you get an $5 coupon on the Death Proof DVD. I liked Planet Terror but it dosen’t hold up against Death Proof, at least not individually.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
the missing reel is still missing - I’m wondering if Rodriguez even bothered to film it.
[/quote]

No. He didn’t. It was specifically noted in the script that a “missing reel” would appear during the sex scene. Nothing intentional was supposed to be shot before the missing reel ends.

The guys at DVDTalk have already screened the DVD. New additions to the extended cut:

"The opening credits have been reformatted to fit the 1.78:1 frame.

• There’s a new scene with the Blocks waking up before going to work.
  • There’s a new scene with Cherry in JT’s bathroom picking glass out of her leg after getting ran off the road in the beginning.
  • Extensions to the scene where JT’s talking to the two zombies before they attack him in the restaurant.
  • A new scene in which an surgeon asks Doc Block (in subtitles) about if he wants to witness cutting off Nicky Katt’s character’s arm. This explains later on why the character has a saw in his hand when attacking Doc Block.
  • A new scene in the police station where Earl McGraw is introduced.
  • The attack outside of the police station has additional gore.
  • The attack outside and inside of the hospital has a shit load of more gore (people are just torn the fuck apart) plus more footage, including brief scenes here and there such as when Tom Savini’s character accidently shoots a hospital patient.
  • Additional footage when everyone enters JT’s restaurant.
  • More gore when the zombies start attacking the restaurant.
  • Just a bit more gore during the final battle sequence."

It appears that the “10-minute cooking school” has been pushed to the Theatrical release. Looks like there’s no alternate Italian track like DP had. Bummer.