Pink Floyd The Wall (Parker - 1982)

The life of the fictional rock star ‘Pink’ is the subject of the visually evocative cult film based upon the music and visions of the group Pink Floyd as portrayed in the album of the same title. Relationships, drug abuse, sex, childhood, WWII and fascism combine in a disturbing mix of episodic live action and lyrical animation drawn by British caricaturist Gerald Scarfe.

Now, this is a kinda old movie, but I’m just getting back to it, as I recently dug out my old Pink Floyd CDs which I haven’t been listening to in a long time. Any thought on the movie? Personally I think it’s one of the greatest projects ever, and very unique, too. And what could you possibly want more, than a captivating and thought-provoking storyline being carried alone by psychedelic (and sometimes pretty creepy) visuals and just the music of perhaps the greatest rock-band ever? “The Wall” is a movie you can watch over and over and always notice something new or completely make you re-think your previous opinions on the subject.

Any thoughts? Disagreements?

You’re absolutely right, it’s a great movie. I just love the animations… Especially the trial.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it. Thanks for reminding me, I’m gonna watch it this weekend I think :stuck_out_tongue:

sounds like a cool movie - if i can find it,i’ll buy it… 8)

[quote=“Vince_Vega”]
I just love the animations… Especially the trial.
[/quote]

“Empty Spaces/What shall we do now?” is my fav animation sequence.

Great disc. The sound is tremendous.

I was reading about The Wall the other day and discovered a really fucked up fact:

Christopher Cross - Sailing beat The Wall for the Grammy award that year…how fucked up is that shit? This is one of the most influential Rock albums and is in the same league with Tommy as far as I’m concerned.

Too bad there aren’t any guys as good as Pink Floyd anymore.

[quote=“Laydback”]
“Empty Spaces/What shall we do now?” is my fav animation sequence.
[/quote]

Which one is that? The one with the flowers having sex?

If so, yeah, that one is great as well.