The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Person walking away from explosion like a badass

i was thinking about how many friggin’ movies there are that have that infamous moment… an explosion in the background and someone walking away from it looking like a total badass.

some that i can name right off the bat

"Man on Fire"…Denzel walking away from a bomb he stick in a guys ass

"Shooter"…Mark Walhburg

and i dont know if this counts yet, but in the “Wolverine” teaser trailer he is doing this LOL, sad but true

i know you all can think of countless others…

Banderas and Hayek do it in Desperado. There’s also a scene like that in Hell Ride. Haven’t watched the movie, but saw it in the trailer.

From dusk til dawn has one too. This should be called ‘the infamous boom and walk scene’. There are just too many movies too list. I just had a ‘ConAir’ flashback. Malcovich walking away from an exploding plane with other convicts.

It’s as common as riding off into the sunset.

It happens in Once Upon A Time In Mexico too, I guess Rodriguez loves it.

The total opposite - person running away from an explosion like a complete twat - is in Goodfellas ;D

Hell Ride

[quote=“roulette67”]
From dusk til dawn has one too. This should be called ‘the infamous boom and walk scene’. There are just too many movies too list. I just had a ‘ConAir’ flashback. Malcovich walking away from an exploding plane with other convicts.

It’s as common as riding off into the sunset.
[/quote]

Yeah but Con-Air was innovative in that it used the ‘boom and walk shot’ and the just about as cliche ‘run, boom/dive shot’ in the same scene. If that’s not considered genius film making then I don’t know what is.

[quote=“NonStop”]
Hell Ride
[/quote]

I’ve been downloading that movie for just about two days now and I’m still only at 64%. It better be one brilliant piece of cinema.

The nurse-joker in The Dark Knight!

[quote=“Ify”]
It happens in Once Upon A Time In Mexico too, I guess Rodriguez loves it.

The total opposite - person running away from an explosion like a complete twat - is in Goodfellas ;D
[/quote]
How ironic: 2 of my favorite movies of all time…

looks kinda cool but fake in welcome to the jungle, but the rock is a total badass while doing it :stuck_out_tongue:

CSI Miami did it…

When ever I see this nowadays I can’t help but feel the filmmakers are trying too hard.

It’s never bothered me in a Rodriguez film though. And I’m sure theres a few other examples where it fits.

What’s the earliest example of this people can think of?

Iron Man

From Dusk Till Dawn

Dracula, Treehouse and a stick of Dynamite.

"Meeting Adjourned!"

Gotta love The Monster Squad ;D