Paul Newman (Rest In Peace)

One of my all time favorite actors is gone. I dont know what to say other than he will be deeply missed. He gave me alot of joy as a film fan over the years. He was one of the greats.

This is truly sad, depressing news. I feel almost the exact same way I did when my grandfather passed away last year. Alas, no one lasts forever, but I, for one, will have an immense hole deep w/in my soul for quite some time because of this. The man, the myth, the legend. Star of such brilliant classics as; Paris Blues, The Hustler, Sweet Bird of Youth, Hud, Torn Curtain, Harper, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid,

The Life & Times of Judge Roy Bean, The Sting, Slap Shot, The Verdict, Nobody’s Fool,

and most recently Road To Perdition.

This great man may have shed his mortal coil, but his spirit & his legacy shall live on.

He will forever remain irreplaceable & irrefutable. A true man of class.

A legend in his own time. Rest In Peace, Mr. Newman.

Such a shame to lose such a great actor. I’ll always remember him as the cool, loveable and witty Butch Cassidy, but he had so many other brilliant turns in films like Cool Hand Luke. R.I.P Paul Newman.

It is a true shame. He was such a good man too. Cool Hand Luke was awesome too. I’ve seen and love so many of his films. I’m very saddened by this news. RIP Paul.

Was just watching The Drowning Pool last night on TCM. I knew he was sick, but didn’t expect him to leave so soon. He was such an amazing actor. One of the true cinema greats. This year has been a relentless onslaught of my all-time idols dying, some at ages far too young.

R.I.P. Paul. Thank you for your significant contribution to cinema.

R.I.P. Paul.

I’d have to say that Paul Newman is probably my most favorite actor of all-time. He had it all - talent, coolness, looks, you name it. There are so many great films that he was in - The Color of Money being my personal favorite.

Rest in Peace Mr. Newman

They’re paying tributes everywhere here in Paris and there are screening with his movies in theaters. I saw Cool Hand Luke yesterday, was so weird to watch this movie knowing he’s now dead and he’s always beaten in the movie, try to escape and all.

Anyway, I was very sad to hear about his death but he was very ill since a while now. Not that surprising in a way.

:’(

Paul Newman went to the city where I’m born and where I lived for 20 years before I moved to Paris : Le Mans. Maybe some of you know it cause there’s a famous car race out there, called the 24 hours of Le Mans. And Paul Newman ran it once in the seventies I think. My parents went to the race only to see him, ahaha.

Oh and McQueen shot the movie called Le Mans there too, about the car race.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Paul Newman went to the city where I’m born and where I lived for 20 years before I moved to Paris : Le Mans. Maybe some of you know it cause there’s a famous car race out there, called the 24 hours of Le Mans. And Paul Newman ran it once in the seventies I think. My parents went to the race only to see him, ahaha.

Oh and McQueen shot the movie called Le Mans there too, about the car race.
[/quote]

Le Mans is quite possibly the greatest race in the entire sport of racing. A true test of a vehicle, driver, and the viewer.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
Le Mans is quite possibly the greatest race in the entire sport of racing. A true test of a vehicle, driver, and the viewer.
[/quote]

Ahah, really ? It’s like the hottest weekend in Le Mans when there’s the race. So much foreigners, it’s great for the city economy and great for having fun with people you don’t know and practice your english.

And the greatest part is that the Corvette - an American car - has won the race quite a few years of the last decade. It has beaten the Porsches that cost twice as much.

Great movie about the race too. Steve McQueen!