Once upon a time in the west

From Digitalbits:

“And while we’re giving you sneak peeks, how about a first look at Paramount’s Once Upon a Time in the West: Special Collector’s Edition? Yeah… we figured that’d make yer day. We’ve spoken to Paramount today and gotten the latest on the disc. This information isn’t yet final, but you can expect an official announcement next month. So here’s where things are at right now. The two-disc set will street in November. Disc One will include the 165 minute version of the film, in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio and a cleaned-up mono mix as well. (wow, paramount, and an original mono mix, I’m shocked!) I’m told that the film looks and sounds fantastic. Disc One will also include an audio commentary track. More on that in a minute. Disc Two will include no less than three documentaries on the film, along with a shorter piece on the impact of the railroad in the Old West. The three main documentaries cover such subjects as director Sergio Leone’s career, background on the film, the writing and casting process, the location shoot, the style of the film (both cinematographically and other), the film’s impact on the Western genre and more. Also featured in the documentary are new interviews with John Carpenter, John Milius, Alex Cox, Claudia Cardinale, Bernardo Bertolucci, Gabriele Ferzetti, cinematographer Tonino Delli Colli, Leone biographer, film historian Sir. Christopher Frayling (author of the excellent book Sergio Leone: Something to Do with Death) and more. Many of these individuals also participate in the audio commentary. Additional features are TBA. If you’re any kind of serious film fan, you ought to be pickin’ your jaw off the ground right now. Here’s a look at Paramount’s tentative cover artwork for the German version (thanks to the folks at DVDrome.com for that). Note that the final English version may be quite different.”

Cover art:

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Digital Bits - Articles … pendvd.jpg”>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers2/onceuponatimeinthewestopendvd.jpg</LINK_TEXT>

Paramount better give us folks here in the U.S. this version!!!

“We’re giving the US a 15 minute version, bitches” - Paramount

>:(They really said that.>:(

you can pre-order the german version at amazon.de since weeks. the cover artwork looks really nice.

I WILL BUY THAT DVD.

Another thing:

In germany they are releasing this as a box as well, with the 2-disc dvd, a soundtrack compilation, a harp in a leather etui and all that in a wooden box.

Its coming out this week! Dontcha dare forget!

it’s out in europe since months! i wonder what does take paramount so long as to release it in the US, after all, the ONLY difference between European and US DVDs of OUATITW is the cover, the NTSC transfer and the additional mono-track which is not included in the European releases.

that disc rocks. and even though it’s not the director’s cut (the old scenes only appear in the documentary), it’s still absolutely a must for fans and a kick-ass DVD

HELL YEAH im getting dat shit as soon as i get my dvd playa for Christmas

I can highly recommand that DVD.

I brought it some weeks ago and it’s really a hit.

That first scene, before Bronson arrives at the station is delicious. A must seen movie, no doubt.

Does anybody of you know if there’ll be a DVD release for the Dollar-Trilogy?

Leone rules. Hope to see some great spaghetti-western styles concerning Leone movies in Kill Bill Vol.2

I just got this the other day and its a must have for western/cinema lovers. Ive seen the film many times (I taped it off of TCM), but this DVD is the best looking and best sounding version yet. Its also got a bunch of great extras which Ive never seen before. I cant say enough about this film, its just beautiful to watch/listen to. A true masterpiece.

If you can, watch it on a big screen TV with Surround sound. It makes the experience even better. :slight_smile:

[quote]
That first scene, before Bronson arrives at the station is delicious. A must seen movie, no doubt.
[/quote]

That scene still remains as my most favorite opening-credits

sequence of all time.

Hey, does that windmill remind anyone of the water fountain seen in the garden when The Bride and O-Ren fight each other?

wut are the extras on the dvd and how good r they?

[quote]wut are the extras on the dvd and how good r they?[/quote]

there’s a pretty good audio commentary, a documentary (actually a few), some interviews, trailers, deleted scenes are included in the documentary…

the image and sound quality is awesome.

and if you live in Europe, you are the lucky man, because the US Version doesn’t come in this ultra-cool digipak packaging, the european versions do

Just buy the movie, you wont regret it.

LB: The windmill in West and the watermill in Kill Bill: Definitely!

“CREEEEEK…CREEEEEEEK”

"CLAK…CLAK…"

Great stuff! They both heighten the feeling of the scenes.

[quote]

there’s a pretty good audio commentary, a documentary (actually a few), some interviews, trailers, deleted scenes are included in the documentary…

the image and sound quality is awesome.

and if you live in Europe, you are the lucky man, because the US Version doesn’t come in this ultra-cool digipak packaging, the european versions do[/quote]

Damn you Europeans!! :slight_smile:

i gotta wait till christmas when i get my dvd playa

Check this link

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/C’era_una_volta_il_West/BluRay