Oldboy being remade... IN BOLLYWOOD!

As most of us already know the brilliant South Korean film Oldboy is soon to be remade in Hollywood starring Nic Cage. What most of you probably don’t know is that it is also being remade in Bollywood aswell!!

http://www.zindathefilm.com/

It’s being made by Sanjay Gupta who has also remade the cult classic Reservoir Dogs in Bollywood too, under the name Kaanta.

Kaante (2002) - IMDb

WTF?

So is it going to just be a remake with indian actors and so forth, or is it going to be done in bollywood style…cause the though of them working in the bangara musical dance scenes into the Oldboy script kinda makes the mind boggle!

i saw Kaante. I couldnt believe that he could take full lines and stuff from Reservoir Dogs without people hating him alot. It was alright, but no reservoir dogs.

i might see this remake if it is convenient because i am curious and i kind of like the indian film industry.

haha this guys list of bollywood films that rip off hollywood films:

[quote]Rudraksh - The Mummy

Mujse Shaadi Karogi - Anger Management

Sangharsh - Silence Of The Lambs

Mohabbatein- Dead Poets Soceity

Yes Boss - For Love or Money

Main Khiladi Tu Anari- The Hard Way

Kaante- Reservoir Dogs

Hum Kisise Kum Nahin - Analyze This

Koi Mil Gaya - E.T

Chahi 420- Ms Doubtfire

Zalzala - Mackennas Gold

Agneepath - Scaface

Sadak - Taxi Driver/Lethal Weapon

Criminal - Fugitive

Darr - Cape Fear

Baazigar - A Kiss Before Dying

Takkar - Unlawful Entry

Sauda - Indecent Proposal

Yaraana - Sleeping with the Enemy

Zulm Ki Hukumat - The Godfather

Akele Hum Akele Tum - Kramer v Kramer

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander - Breaking Away

Chinagate - Magnificent Seven

Sholay - Northwest Frontier

Jung - Desparate Measures

Mahakaal - Nightmare on Elm Street

Sshhh - Scream

Dhoom - Fast and Furious

Chori Chori Chupke Chupke - Pretty Woman

Shakti - Not Without My Daughter

Jism - Double Indemnity

Kucch To Hai - I Know What You Did Last Summer

Hum Kaun Hai - The Others

Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai - My Best Friend’s Wedding

Aks - Fallen

Main Aisa Hi Hoon - I am Sam[/quote]

cool, let em, i’d love to see em

Cool indeed :slight_smile:

Good movie, can’t wait to hear the beat of the music :slight_smile:

Wait a minute. Doctor obvious on CNN is also a director in bollywood! ???

Nicholas Cage is going to be in an America remake? WTF is up with that?

Though I have to admit that Nicholas Cage is probably a better choice than Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, or some other half assed actor. He’ll get the drunk scenes at the begining right if nothing else.

Am I the only one who thinks that the guy who plays Oh Dae-Su looks awfully similar to Gene Simmons? He looks like his twin Korean brother. Maybe they should give Mr. Simmons the part for the American remake.

A bollywood remake?. that sounds hilarious. But a Hollywood version?. I guess some people dont like subtitles.

For people who don’t know already, the film is called “Zinda” and like many “Bollywood remakes” it isn’t a remake at all. It is straight out intellectual property theft, plagiarism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinda_(film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488906/

Trailer:

http://d.indiafm.com/videos/ram/05/zinda150.ram

could someone please explain to me what bollywood is?

what i picked up from reading the posts’ are they are movies made by indian directors and indian actors but thats just what i picked up, im lost

[quote=“Crimson Dreams”]
could someone please explain to me what bollywood is?

what i picked up from reading the posts’ are they are movies made by indian directors and indian actors but thats just what i picked up, im lost
[/quote]

That´s about it, but you can get a more thorough explanation here:

Hindi cinema - Wikipedia

Is “Zinda” anygood? And when does the american oldboy remake come out and will have the same name or will it be changed?

Edit:Nevermind I found out it will be remade in 2008

They should have a dance scene about the rumour spreading. :laugh:

lol, just rented out Zinda for a laugh and…wow what a copy of Old Boy. I can’t believe these people and their…blatant stealing from the original. I didn’t know you were allowed to actually DO that. And the film’s director, Sanjay Gupta, made a ton of money from it too.

Most of that will probably be lost on future court cases mind lol

“A PR from Show East announced: “We’re looking at the similarities between the two films, but since we don’t have a final product we can judge, we’ll just have to investigate a little more into what kind of relation the films will have. Since we never experienced something like this, we couldn’t really set up a concrete plan. But if we find out there’s indeed a strong similarity between the two, it looks like we’ll have to talk with our lawyers.”

Director of the ‘Indian Reservoir Dogs’ Kaante, Sanjay Gupta is known as one of the most stylish filmmakers in Bollywood, but his latest project might finally get him into trouble for underestimating the often very subtle difference between ‘homage’ and ‘rip-off’.”- www.twitchfilm.net

Yeah, a lot of Bollywood films rip off American one’s. And not in the cool way QT does either ;D

It really get’s on my dick seeing all these shit Bollywood films with their over-stylised everything. Seriously. But that film industry is as popular as ever. I wonder if half of those people even know that it’s just a rip. (btw, I’m of Indian origin and so a few of my relatives watch these films which is how I know about them. They suck dick though)

I just watched the trailer… OMFG. Can you say rip-off loud enough and without shame. do they dance in this film? and when? incredible lawsuit man… incredible.

So is this like an exact replicant?

I have seen of many Bollywood films where they have like the same idea, but do something different with it (eg. their version of Superman ;D)

Damn, I’ve tried to watch the trailer posted by Angel, can’t open the file, too bad.

Btw, Ify, I’ve seen some extracts of their version of Superman (or maybe they got plenty of them, and I’ve seen one of them), it was so funny !