Old looking posters

does any one know how to make the old poster look like the grindhouse posters on Photoshop.

Like this?

yea some thing like that i mean like all torn up on stuff. :slight_smile:

Like this?

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.dotspotter.com/photos/87511_ … ouse_Style”>http://www.dotspotter.com/photos/87511_Rose_McGowan_Does_Maxim…_Grindhouse_Style</LINK_TEXT>

There are plug-in filters that can produce a similar effect. There’s a set you can buy

called Xenofex that has a filter that can give images a “crumpled paper” look, but if

your familiar with photoshop’s basic tools you can probly do it “by hand”. Just get

on google and look for some tutorials.

some brushes might help if your using photoshop

im using jasc paint shop pro ne suggestions on how to make it whith tha program

[quote=“Jjp”]
im using jasc paint shop pro ne suggestions on how to make it whith tha program
[/quote]

That’s what I use too. The filters I mentioned before will work with that. It’s pretty

much the same program as PhotoShop it’s just a little different.

i could not find any tutorials on it can ne one who did find some could you post it?

It’s funny, I did a search too and all I can find are tutorials to

repair pictures that already look like that.

did anyone from here make a poster yet?

the cats at something awful forums had a contest to see who could make the sweetest exploitation poster from a well known film and they posted some links for photoshop brushes and then some fonts that you could use.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth … id=2437874”>'Grindhouse' Classy Movies - The Something Awful Forums</LINK_TEXT>

dig it

some of them are good but most of them dont look authentic.

Do PhotoShop brushes work with Paint Shop Pro. I’ve never used

brushes before but deviantart’s got some pretty cool stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind just found out they don’t work. I’m looking for

something like splattered blood but all the PSP brushes is

"happy kiddy stuff".

[quote=“Jjp”]
some of them are good but most of them dont look authentic.
[/quote]

ummm…its a hell of alot better than what you’ve got home boy. lets see you do that

it has nothing to do with its better than what i can do i dont want to be an artist for a living i want to be a filmmaker and in my opinion not to many of them are good.

yes it does have everything to do with it being better than urs. this is a thread about making posters look old. unless you got something better to show, they are better.

your not making any sense i never said i was better i just said they sucked.

its like saying a song sucks, just because u think the song sucks does not mean you could make a better song its an opinion not a comparison.

but in a thread about making posters look old…a comparison is perfectly validated. you are claiming they sucked, so i simply pointed out that i havent seen you create anything better with your pirated jasc paint shop pro. thats all

[quote=“Bluesteel”]
but in a thread about making posters look old…a comparison is perfectly validated. you are claiming they sucked, so i simply pointed out that i havent seen you create anything better with your pirated jasc paint shop pro. thats all
[/quote]

a comparison is never vaildated unless the person using a comparison states it.