Official Posters!

Most movies have a lot of different posters used for advertisements. I’m really interested to see some of the foreign posters.

[quote=“me”]
Thats what i’m guessing, either that or QT must really hate Johhny Knoxville
[/quote]

QT is actually a fan of Johnny Knoxville (I think he is also from Knoxville like QT).

Johnny’s name was attached to IB at one point.

QT was influenced by Knoxville’s Jackass antics for the Beatrix Vs Elle fight in Kill Bill.

[quote=“Ify”]
QT was influenced by Knoxville’s Jackass antics for the Beatrix Vs Elle fight in Kill Bill.
[/quote]

haha, that’s the first time I’ve heard that. Don’t say…the spit bucket?

[quote=“Ify”]
QT is actually a fan of Johnny Knoxville (I think he is also from Knoxville like QT).
[/quote]

Didnt know QT was a fan of Knoxville, learn something new everyday. Knoxville is from knoxville obviously just like QT. It’d be kind of cool to have seen Johnny in a movie that wasnt some goofy retarded comedy…maybe some day right?

Yeah i’m loving the posters because they are just teasers, they continue teasing the people with lots of action and focus on the Basterds. I hope they change that up in the next wave of promotion coz a lot of people might get pissed when they walk in and watch 2/3s of the film revolve around Shosana in French and German.

Anyways, the posters are awesome like i said. Since Stiglitz is my favorite character (i tried not making it obvious you know?) the knife one is my favorite. The amount of blood is just right (nowhere near Roth’s gore) and the ripped Nazi flag is perfect. Although the others are great too, especially Aldo’s gun.

[quote=“Stiglitz”]
Yeah i’m loving the posters because they are just teasers, they continue teasing the people with lots of action and focus on the Basterds. I hope they change that up in the next wave of promotion coz a lot of people might get pissed when they walk in and watch 2/3s of the film revolve around Shosana in French and German.

Anyways, the posters are awesome like i said. Since Stiglitz is my favorite character (i tried not making it obvious you know?) the knife one is my favorite. The amount of blood is just right (nowhere near Roth’s gore) and the ripped Nazi flag is perfect. Although the others are great too, especially Aldo’s gun.
[/quote]

That’s an M1 rifle?

Yes I know my WW II guns. Thanks a lot Call Of Duty 2 & 3.

Looks like it yeah. I love my Call of Duty too. 3 was INTENSE

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
haha, that’s the first time I’ve heard that. Don’t say…the spit bucket?
[/quote]

Well it was a variety of things (toilet flushing etc.), that’s what QT said of the close-quarters fight scene between those two Amazonian-like women - that he drew his inspiration from Jackass.

Regarding Johnny Knoxville, I think QT had a part in him being cast in Daltry Calhoun, certainly QT was one of the producers of that film.

[quote=“Stiglitz”]
Looks like it yeah. I love my Call of Duty too. 3 was INTENSE
[/quote]

4 was the fucking shit!

I think the reason it says Knoxville because maybe Brad Pitt’s character is from Knoxville. Judging from his accent he sounds like he is from down south, perhaps from Tennessee :o .

Maybe The Bear Jew has the names of all his friends that fell under the Nazi’s cruelty. It’s his way of paying respect to them by using that very bat to take revenge.

[quote=“Ify”]
Maybe The Bear Jew has the names of all his friends that fell under the Nazi’s cruelty. It’s his way of paying respect to them by using that very bat to take revenge.
[/quote]

Isn’t something about people from his neighborhood writing their names on it to join him on the journey, hence Cloris Leachman’s scene.

I’m just speculating. I hardly know anything about the script and prefer to keep it that way. I don’t even know what role Cloris Leachman is playing ;D

I don’t see a real likeless with the Hostel posters, or maybe I havent’ seen those which make you feel that resemblance.

Anyway, I really like that logo :

I think the poster with the rifle would be cooler with it.

[quote=“Ify”]
[/quote]

QT also worked with Knoxville when he was producing Daltry Calhoun. There’s pics of him on the set with Johnny, and QT’s on the commentary. And yeah, Johnny is from Knoxville.

yeah and Knoxville used to be in KILLSHOT while Tarantino’s name was still attached to it. Knoxville’s part isn’t in the movie anymore… and guess who’s name is no longer associated with the film… just as a sidenote

[quote=“Geoi”]
QT also worked with Knoxville when he was producing Daltry Calhoun. There’s pics of him on the set with Johnny, and QT’s on the commentary. And yeah, Johnny is from Knoxville.
[/quote]

I know, I said that in this thread already! :slight_smile:

Yea of course he is from Knoxville. His name is not really johnny Knoxville lol…Bam’s best person from jackass though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Johnny Knoxville is funny sometimes, but other’s he just crreps me out. He reminds me of that farmer guy in Men In Black

http://www.movievillains.com/images/edgar_mib.jpg