The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Official Movie Trivia Thread

Who was the first director to use a Steadycam? What kind of shot does it help create? What movie and which scene is a prime example of one of these shots?

answer the question and post another one…we are all on the honor system here- so don’t use the internet or textbooks to answer the questions.

I think they used it first in Rocky on the steps of the Art Museum. Im not 100% sure. I remember seeing The Making Of and they said they basically tested it out on that movie.

This place has been here for 5-6 years. We dont have a Movie Trivia thread yet? Damn!! :o

you are incorrect sir. Rocky and The Shining were two of the first, but not the first. Rocky was most likely the first popular movie to use it. Close enough…

Bound For Glory the biopic about Woody Guthrie Which is a favorite of mine used it too. Theres a long steadicam shot through a crowd of people in the film.

[quote=“ToothpickVicVega”]
Bound For Glory the biopic about Woody Guthrie Which is a favorite of mine used it too. Theres a long steadicam shot through a crowd of people in the film.
[/quote]
you cheated. biopic was the exact word used in wikipedia. go ahead an ask a trivia question, cheater.

OK its not a biopic. Ive seen the movie, its one of my favorites. It was my second guess.

[quote=“ToothpickVicVega”]
Dude Im not cheating, Ive seen the movie its one of my favorites. It was my second guess.
[/quote]
whatever…ask a question

Ive done a million of these topics. Im all trivia’d out myself.

Which director hid guns and fired them to get the scared look on the actors faces?

I dunno, but that’s brilliant!