Of Brittania, Beowulf and Djibouti

So Deathproof (grindhouse) has made its tour round the world and i am suprised to say, even with the dismal reception it

recieved here in the USA, it actually did better at home than in the UK where you guys were predicting it would fare better.

As i told you it would flop because europeans are typically more critical of their movies than we americans who tend to be

more easy going as an audience and will give almost any movie a chance.

The UK audience on the other hand totally rejected Tarantino’s latest movie. Even after he wrongly blamed the other half of the

grindhouse experience for being the chain around the proverbial neck of his Deathproof project.

For weeks, i told most of you that Deathproof was a boring experiment that flopped miserably because tarantino’s dialogue was the most painful waste of audience time that i have ever sat through. Months later, pretty all of UK publications came out saying the exact same thing while lambasting tarantino for even daring to add more of this morose dialogue to as to artificially extend his movie to 80 full minutes. My heart simply goes out to the poor souls who were falsely subjected to that garbage…

One can only wonder, how far can tarantino go on with this charade. Are there any investors left that are willing to throw their dollars in his self absorbed projects? Will tarantino concede that perharps he is not such a great writer as he thought himself and was simply a one hit wonder that buried his partner and counter part Roger AVary in a wash of false fame, leaving him to wallow by the wayside while tarantino gobbled up adulations from adoring fans. Its now makes sense why it took Tarantino this long to return to making movies. Its obvious that the mans talent was guided by another. Will tarantino take his humble pie and eat it?

Because the man’s movie making career is doomed to face more and more disasters like this if he does not re-invent himself.

He should soon start looking around for scripts from other legitimate writers and develop those into film. After all, he does have an eye for making film. (just not the talent to write) Or may be search for another obscure movie to steal from.(though i dont think that will work this time round, with the world being much smaller and the internet having such a big impact entertainment culture right now. I dont think he can still another Reservoir Dogs and get away with it)

I am also curious as to exactly how tarantinos crass treatment of Rodriguez will affect their relationship. Here yet again is another person Tarantino screws over and kicks to the curb like a useless dog and actually has the gall to blame his movie for the collective failure of the project. Goes to show you what kind of human being Tarantino is.

Incidentally, Beowulf is being released on november 16th, Roger Avary being one of the co-writers of the movie, seems to be doing quite well while tarantino is probably hidden away. having realized he is no longer the god he thought himself. Laughing stock of many a foe and friend created by he himself.

I wonder now what the tarantino disciples will say after his huge flop in the Uk…Next up Its Deathproof in Djibouti!!! I can only laugh at the pathetic cries of those who will not probably claim Grindhouse will be remembered as a great movie 20 years from now…LMAO!!!

Many a good film flops, and many terrible films become box office champions. Box office isn’t an exact science to a movie’s being good or bad.

[quote=“greendestiny”]
As i told you it would flop because europeans are typically more critical of their movies than we americans who tend to be

more easy going as an audience and will give almost any movie a chance.
[/quote]

I think that’s horseshit. Most Americans just like to watch Martin Lawrence films. And I say that as an Australian, one of the most easy going nations in the world.

why the anger? why the hate?

- YouTube

Watch this music video, maybe you won’t be that bitter afterwards. :slight_smile:

hey, it’s worth a try. :wink:

[quote=“greendestiny”]
I am also curious as to exactly how tarantinos crass treatment of Rodriguez will affect their relationship. Here yet again is another person Tarantino screws over and kicks to the curb like a useless dog and actually has the gall to blame his movie for the collective failure of the project. Goes to show you what kind of human being Tarantino is.
[/quote]

Whaaaa???

Is this true? Is there a resource for this? Cause I find it hard to believe…Oh, and yes I’ve been off this board for a while but now I’m hoping to stick around so hello to all!

Greendestiny, you surely are one dumb motherfucker. Do you even think before you write something so fucking absurd. You actually said in your post that Tarantino is a bad writer and that he no longer has the ability to write good scripts, and all of this you’ve based on the single fact that Grindhouse was unsuccessful at the box-office. Let me tell you something else, Quentin Tarantino is no “one hit wonder” either, he’s penned some great scripts like jackie Brown, Dogs, and Kill Bill. And Death Proof was no piece of shit either, it certainly is better than any other horror movie out there. I’m not going to even waste my time with your inane, childish shit - if you don’t like Quentin, why in the world would you devote your time to write a shitty little “article” that is ridden with lies and so much hatred. Just fuck off, you’re not making any sense, you fucking retard!

No one gives a shit about Roger Avary and fucking Beowolf, a bullshit movie that no one’s going to see.

I agree that QT’s scripts are not as good as they used to be, he can’t even finish his most epic movie “Inglorious Bastards”. But that doesn’t mean he’s bad writer, I hope he’ll fin himself and will start writing great stuff but for now it seems that he’s lost all of his talent.

And don’t you guys tell me that Death Proof is great movie for real Tarantino fans. I’m a Tarantino fan myself but… Anway you’ll tell me to shut the f**k up and get out of here. Oh well :frowning:

greendestiny: is that your hobbie trolling around? I don’t understand why you come in here once a month and post some topic about Grindhouse flop. That’s not funny anymore :-X

P.S. I’ll be surprised if Beowolf will become box office champion. It doesn’t make any sense. :-</E>

The critics of Death Proof here in Europe have been some of the best for a QT-movie I have ever heard, at least those from the professional critics (which usually suck).I don´t know what happens in England.

BTW, I really doubt, Europeans are more critical in watching movies, we got the same bad movies in the box office.

Greendestiny: Go suck a cock

[quote=“moviemike”]
Many a good film flops, and many terrible films become box office champions. Box office isn’t an exact science to a movie’s being good or bad.

[/quote]

In this case a bad film flopped and flop it will remain. I hope you are not daring to compare this movie to Scarface and the like.

There is a huge difference between a movie that flopped due to factors outside of the actual movie content (ie, cultural and political dynamics, critic biases of all kinds and the like)

The movie sucks pure and simple. It has almost no redeeming values and the only character that can even be accused of being remotely memorable appears on the screen for less than 10 minutes and is not even developed. While the audience is stuck with the most mind numbingly boring nonsensical dialogue ever rendered on film that does not advance the movie one bit or develop any of the characters on screen.

You and other tarantino ass kissers can try and make up silly obtuse stories about how that worked for you, but the fact remains the dialogue is total bullshit today, it will remain the same pathetic boring crap on dvd, and it will remain the same sleep inducing garb 20 years from now!!! NOthing will ever change that.

LEts see you say the same thing about any of the other great movies that were box office flops!!(NOt a single one of them has any poorly constructed self absorbed dialogue dragging down equally boring characters. If there is a movie like that, i dare to name it)

[quote=“Angel”]
I think that’s horseshit. Most Americans just like to watch Martin Lawrence films. And I say that as an Australian, one of the most easy going nations in the world.
[/quote]

LOL… we have no argument here. I dont even see how you can say that its horseshit. By saying Americans just like to watch martin lawrence movies you are more or less agreeing with me. In that Americans will give almost any movie a chance.

BTW, the week Grindhouse flopped in america, its stiffest competition was (semi-gay comedy) Blades of Glory and the Ice cube family movie.

I think the martin lawrence movie you are referring to is Wild hogs, and he was more of a co-star not the main star. (American movie makers will typically add the token black guy to a movie cast simply to attract the african american audience, I am not saying this was the case for this movie since i have never seen it, i am just mentioning a tactic that is used here by alot of studios to get as many butts in the seats as possible.) Ironically enough, Deathproof was actually beaten out by a full on gay comedy, “I know pronounce you Chuck and larry” for its UK release…LMAOSo if the forgiving american audience that accepts movies like Blades of glory, Are we done yet (or whatever its called) refuse to go see grindhouse, then baby, your movie stinks so bad that even the dumbest of movie audiencies wont go see it!

[quote=“Gecko”]
Whaaaa???

Is this true? Is there a resource for this? Cause I find it hard to believe…Oh, and yes I’ve been off this board for a while but now I’m hoping to stick around so hello to all!
[/quote]

Sorry you will have to expound on this. May be i have fallen out of touch with the kids internet lingo but i dont understand what you are saying.

Are you implying that there is no rift between tarantino and Rodriguez for splitting the movie? Because any sensible person can see where Rodriguez would be pissed off with Tarantino for the crass way he kicked him to the curb and tarantino went off on his most pathetic ass kissing promo tour in the UK that fell flat since even the brits refused to accept this crap

Oh shut up you damn troll. Go suck Linda Wachowskis fake dick.

[quote=“greendestiny”]
LOL… we have no argument here. I dont even see how you can say that its horseshit. By saying Americans just like to watch martin lawrence movies you are more or less agreeing with me. In that Americans will give almost any movie a chance.

BTW, the week Grindhouse flopped in america, its stiffest competition was (semi-gay comedy) Blades of Glory and the Ice cube family movie.

I think the martin lawrence movie you are referring to is Wild hogs, and he was more of a co-star not the main star. (American movie makers will typically add the token black guy to a movie cast simply to attract the african american audience, I am not saying this was the case for this movie since i have never seen it, i am just mentioning a tactic that is used here by alot of studios to get as many butts in the seats as possible.)

So if the forgiving american audience that accepts movies like Blades of glory, Are we done yet (or whatever its called) refuse to go see grindhouse, then baby, your movie stinks so bad that even the dumbest of movie audiencies wont go see it!
[/quote]

wtf???

the rants of a euro-trash piece of shit whose acumen is as sharp as a fucking marble…

[quote=“Carlos”]
The critics of Death Proof here in Europe have been some of the best for a QT-movie I have ever heard, at least those from the professional critics (which usually suck).I don´t know what happens in England.

BTW, I really doubt, Europeans are more critical in watching movies, we got the same bad movies in the box office.
[/quote]

ok now this is funny…but i stopped laughing after realizing that you are sad person who probably believes what he wrote. It doesnt take a genius to google the reviews of Deathproof by critics in the uk to come up with reviews like this…

Tarantino has had to pad this film with stuff that would hardly make the DVD’s ‘deleted scenes’ section," writes our own Peter Bradshaw. "Long, long, long stretches of bizarrely inconsequential conversation between the babe avengers which are a big comedown from the glorious riffs from Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction."

and this

"With the running time swamped by mindless chitchat, little is left for the crash-and-burn action," writes Ben Cobb of Channel 4 Film. “When the much-hyped car chase is finally unleashed (a staggering 80 minutes in), it proves to be a disappointing bumper-to-bumper affair.”

“The appalling dialogue, mostly about the sexual predilections of his half-naked female cast, is so garbled, spotty and tedious that it fails to sell interest in a single character,” writes James Christopher in the Times.

even normal movie goers had more to add with reviews like this

I was unfortunate enough to see Death Proof (or Narrative Logic Proof - but that’s ok, cos he’s doing a Grindhouse, y’see, making it Critic Proof ). The car stuff is good but you have to wait 45 minutes for it, but that three-quarters of an hour is made bearable by the allure of the girls and the promise of smut. Then 5 minutes of nasty good stuff followed by - I shit you not - 35 more minutes of crappy Tarantino chick-talk, where of course they all sound like Quentantino; like we haven’t already had our fill of that in the preceding 45 minutes.

The very end is so shit it stinks.

But i guess you live in your own little tarantino world, where the real if fake and the bogus and bad tarantino crap is peaches and candy

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]

P.S. I’ll be surprised if Beowolf will become box office champion. It doesn’t make any sense. :-</E>
[/quote]

I could care less how beowulf performs at the box office. I myself wont go see it. (its just not my kind of movie) Just like i didnt see, wild hogs, chuck and larry or blades of glory.

Just because i talk about a movie in my post doesnt mean i think its gonna blow up the box office…

About tarantino’s writing skills, i strongly stand by original statement. The man has run out of ideas, and he needs and has always needed a person to guide his writing skills like Roger Avary did with his work early on. He no longer has that kind of person to work with and as such his work turns into mindless utterly boring drivel because all he is surrounded with are ass kissers who cant constructively critic him and probably egg him on whenever he types out his next line borrowed from some other movie.

I also question his creativity being that as his complete filmography stands, he has absolutely nothing unique and pretty all his work is a rip off of other people’s work.

(Reservoir dogs being the worst piece or plagiarism i have ever seen. And please tarantino fans dont give me that bullshit about paying homage because i will find and post those documentaries that include tarantino denying that he ever saw the original movie. Then you will have to explain to all how he is paying homage to that asian director yet he denies even having seen the movie he plagiarized.)

Ps…Nice to see you come round on the truth about Deathproof

[quote=“greendestiny”]
"The appalling dialogue, mostly about the sexual predilections of his half-naked female cast
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly ;D

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
These are the kinds of super losers who deserve to be dragged behind a car for awhile.
[/quote]
Eh, you mean like you?

Eastern, you and greendestiny should hook up. Youre perfect for each other!! Two retards who talk out their asses!! :slight_smile:

Aww Pete, you’re so kind! See the man on my banner? My heart belongs to him :-*

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Eastern, you and greendestiny should hook up. Youre perfect for each other!! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

to think it was not long ago i was swapping bad words with Eastern beauty…lol