Obama wins nobel prize

Obama wins nobel peace prize. Why?

Hard to believe that a U.S. President can win a peace prize while engaged in two wars.

Can some one please inform me as to why Obama has gotten a Nobel Peace Prize when he has yet to do what he has gotten the prize for?

seemms like even the nobel prize is a popularity contest these days. they say he won because of his “visions” about the future. he is the first person ever to win for something he/she wants to do, rather what he/she has actually done - as in accomplished.

The Nobel Peace Prize has been a “war is peace prize” for awhile but Obama is kinda out there. I mean, sure he pulled some U.S. troops out of Iraq but he replaced them with private mercenaries who run child prostitution rings out of their facilities. He said he wanted to shut down Guantanamo but can’t/won’t approve any plans to actually do it, and he expanded Bush’s war into Pakistan.

But Bush, Clinton and even Hitler (twice, once by a Jew) have been nominated… so let’s not take this award too seriously.

EDIT: Why is this in the movies section. Just noticed it and thought it was odd. Than I looked and saw it was a first time poster and thought that was even weirder. Who uses their first post on a Tarantino forum to make a political statement? That’s just crazy, yo.

I don’t agree with the Nobel Peace Prize either, but how exactly can you shift the blame of two wars on Obama? Dealing with existing wars is hardly the same thing as starting them.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]I don’t agree with the Nobel Peace Prize either, but how exactly can you shift the blame of two wars on Obama? Dealing with existing wars is hardly the same thing as starting them.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s all the fucking terrorists’ fault. Before he was president, he was all like, “we’ll bring our soldiers home. Our troops will come home”. Now that he’s got the job, and all the intel that comes with it, he’s FUCKED! Haha! Not such an easy job? Not so cut and dry? Gee, go fucking figure.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“plunderbunnie”]I don’t agree with the Nobel Peace Prize either, but how exactly can you shift the blame of two wars on Obama? Dealing with existing wars is hardly the same thing as starting them.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s all the fucking terrorists’ fault. Before he was president, he was all like, “we’ll bring our soldiers home. Our troops will come home”. Now that he’s got the job, and all the intel that comes with it, he’s FUCKED! Haha! Not such an easy job? Not so cut and dry? Gee, go fucking figure.[/quote]

Yea, people don’t seem to understand that. You can’t simply attack a country and then leave when it’s unpopular. Even if someone disagreed with the war from the beginning, bombing the shit out of a country just to turn them back over to the people you were “saving” them from is callous. They need a long term plan, and in this incredibly fucked up situation ironing one out isn’t easy. I’m not saying the States or Canada should stay for years, but they need a well structured plan that protects the people of Afghanistan first, since we were the one who inflicted a foreign occupation on it’s citizens.

[quote=“Dex”]You’re a weird cat, dude. You already posted this and it was moved to the chat section because it has nothing to do with movies.

Is this just some new form of spam? Cause it looks like you just copy and pasted the exact same post.[/quote]

Yeah, I am pretty sure it’s spam. But seeing as people seem to have things to say about it, may as well leave it.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
Yea, people don’t seem to understand that. You can’t simply attack a country and then leave when it’s unpopular. Even if someone disagreed with the war from the beginning, bombing the shit out of a country just to turn them back over to the people you were “saving” them from is callous. They need a long term plan, and in this incredibly fucked up situation ironing one out isn’t easy. I’m not saying the States or Canada should stay for years, but they need a well structured plan that protects the people of Afghanistan first, since we were the one who inflicted a foreign occupation on it’s citizens.[/quote]

But the problem is we’re not really saving them from everybody. Many Iraqi’s say, things are actually ten times worse since America invaded. They didn’t have military curfews, daily shootings or drone bombings before us. We brought the violence.

But still, Obama’s been saying since he started running for President that he had a plan to get us out of the war but he’s only expanded it.