Nick Frost

He’s ah-MAZ-ing! The greatest natural-born actor ever. Having no formal training, he has risen to every occasion and shined in every role. Not only that, he’s uber cool to his fans. Major props go to this talented and awesome guy.

His list of work as of date include:

Big Train (1998)

Spaced (1999)

Black Books (2000)

Spaced (2001)

Top-Ten TV Sci-Fi - Narrator - (2001)

Movie Mistakes Uncovered: Uncut (2002)

Look Around You (2002)

Danger! 50,000 Volts! (2002)

Danger! Incoming Attack! (2003)

Celebrity Naked Ambition (2003)

A Very British UFO Hoax - Narrator (2003)

Straight 8 (2004)

Shaun of the Dead (2004) - film

Dude, Where’s My Movie Quiz? - Team Captain (2004)

Look Around You (2005)

Twisted Tales (2005)

ManStrokeWoman (2005)

Spider-Plant Man (2005)

Kinky Boots (2005) - film

Green Wing (2006)

Hyperdrive (2006)

Comic Relief (2007)

ManStrokeWoman (2007)

Hyperdrive (2007)

Hot Fuzz (2007) - film

Grindhouse (2007) - The Don’t feaux trailor

Perfect Night In (2007)

Penelope (2008) - film

Wild Child (August, 2008) - film

The Boat That Rocked - filming in April, 2008

Paul - announced (pre-production - 2008)

The Worlds End- announced

He’s the baby-eating man covered in his own feces in Edgar Wright’s Grindhouse trailor.

Here’s a link to a vid of my friend and fellow Frost admin Val, and I celebrating Nick’s wedding.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.peggster.net/forums/viewtopi … 8&start=60”>http://www.peggster.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1498&start=60</LINK_TEXT>

Please excuse my fat drunkeness.

If you don’t know the origins of cake-flushing… here you go! Very funny. Must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9pTVMXLV0A

<LINK_TEXT text=“Spaced complete series DVD review - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … vd-review/”>Spaced complete series DVD review - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

I get to do an interview with Nick sometime next week! He’s going to call me, and I get to ask him questions, and he’s gonna answer them! This is so gonna rock! I’ll post it here when I get it done.

His appearance in Black Books was hilarious! One of my fave Black Books moments for sure.

Red Nose Day 2009 - Get ready to Do Something Funny For Money - Comic Relief - BBC - YouTube

Red Nose Day advert - Brilliant

Very cool Geoi, looking forward to hearing about it.

[quote=“Karnstein”]
His appearance in Black Books was hilarious! One of my fave Black Books moments for sure.
[/quote]

Definitely - “there was a little man in his hair” ha ha ha!

Yeah, I’m excited. I can’t wait to get it done and post it. Nick news has been a bit slow lately.

Nick Frost sucks.

Ohhhhhhh. Low blow.

You know you love him.

Of course I do. He’s Ed!

Nick Frost speaks with Frostitution.net - 5th of February, 2009

Geoi: Hello?

Nick: Hello.

G: Hey, how are you?

N: I’m good. I’m good. Just got off of work, and I’m sat here at the bar.

G: Cool, cool. Somebody wants to say “hi” to you.

Val: Hello

N: Hello?

V: Nick, can you hear me?

N: Yeah, who’s that?

V: It’s Valerie.

N: Val?

V: Yeah.

N: Hey, how are you? :slight_smile:

V: I’m good, how are you?

N: Yeah, I’m not bad at all. I’ve just finished work and I’m just about to have a Corona.

V: Nice.

N: Yeah. Very cool.

V: How’s the weather out there?

N: It’s pissing down with rain. So, not so good.

V: Oh.

G: Ok Nick, so, anyway, you’re in LA. Are you kind of mad that it started snowing like that in London RIGHT after you left for LA?

N: Ugh… Yeah… I’ve got to tell you that I’m a big, I’m a big fan of snow. You know, I just don’t see enough of it. So I was, you know, I was cut to the heart that we had 20 inches of snow literally the day we came to LA. It was very annoying. I mean it was VERY annoying. I can’t stress to you enough how depressed it made me. Like it seriously made me depressed. And then everyone’s got pictures on facebook of them, playing in the snow, and I’m thinkin’ “fuck-off”. Ha.

G: Yeah, you were the first person I thought of when I saw those snow pictures.

N: Ha. Yeah. Well I don’t know if you know, but a few years ago I went to every Scandanavian capital in the search for snow, and it didn’t snow once. But it snowed everytime I left. Literally everyday I left it would snow that day, or the next day. Isn’t that weird?

G: That is very weird.

N: I’m not a God-fearing man, but you know, you could get quite paranoid, couldn’t you? Cos then you think, “why would God not want me to see snow?”. You know?

G: Yeah. Haha, I don’t think it’s personal.

N: No. Ha… Well… No… I’ll have to ask Him when I get there. :slight_smile:

G: Yeah.

N: I think it has something to do with my surname being Frost. Maybe I should change it to… Sun, or… You know… Heatwave.

G: Ha! Yeah… The Boat That Rocked is going to be coming out in April.

N: April the 1st.

G: April 1st in the UK, right?

N: Yeah, that’s right. I’m not sure when that’ll come out in the States, but I think they’ll roll it out here, in Europe and Australia, and then they’ll get it here as soon as they can, I guess.

G: Yeah, we’re hoping for a pretty wide release here.

N: Yeah, I think that’s the idea. How wide was the release for Richard’s other films? It should be like that kind of thing.

G: Could you maybe tell us a little bit about the character you play?

N: Yeah, well, his name is Dave, and he is a bit of a, you know he’s a bit of a naughty boy. He’s got very little, or no morals, and he’s a little bit of a bully, and he, I guess, is a sex pest. And I think if he was alive today he would probably be, erm, that dirty old man. But, In the 60’s he’s, he’s tolerated. But he’s not without charm. And he loves his music as well. So it’s that, you know, you’ve got 12 guys on a boat, they’re going to be a certain way. They’re going to be rowdy, and they’re going to be lewd, and, they’re going to smoke a lot.

G: Awesome. Sounds like my kind of boat.

N: Eh? :wink:

G: Nothing. :slight_smile: Erm, so how was Richard Curtis to work for?

N: Richard Curtis is very, very nice to work for. He’s erm, he’s very together, and he’s very calm, and he’s always got time to tell a story, or to listen to you, and it was a pleasure going to work everyday. You know, it was nice. And it was quite nice to be on a ship everyday. And then on top of that, the captain of that ship is one of the world’s nicest men, it’s uh, ha, you know it’s going to be a very nice way to work. :slight_smile:

G: So the Danger! Incoming Attack! DVD… That really came as a shock to all of us… Even to Jon Riley, he didn’t even know anything about it. So,

N: Na… Ughh. It… Ah, you know what, that, we fuckin, we worked our arses off on that show, and we really loved it, and then people got hold of it, and didn’t give a shit about it, and they just knocked it out. And it was a shame, you know, cos the DVD was twenty pounds at home, and there were no extras, there was no commentary, and they just didn’t give a shit, and they just put it out there. And I kinda feel quite ashamed that no one, erm, people that go buyin DVDs might check for that… And to erm, people like me, or Jon Riley, or the guys that directed it, it’s a shame. Cos no one told me it was coming out in Australia either, I had no idea til I saw it on the site. You know? So, it’s a shame. Maybe one day I’ll buy the rights back and… You know… >:-[

G: Do it properly…

N: Yeah, absolutely. On the first series, when they said to me that they were gonna put it out on DVD, and when I got a copy of the DVD, I said, “Where are the outtakes? Where’s all the good stuff?”, and they kind of said that they’d moved offices and lost it all. I think it’s at that point you realise you might as well just give up. :-/

G: Ok, so um, we know you’re working on Tin Tin right now, and I know you can’t say much about it, but on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being ‘superstoked’, and 1 being ‘meh whatever’, how amped would you say you are about working with Spielberg?

N: Erm, probably, erm, an 11? Erm… It’s STEVEN EFF’N SPIELBERG! Haha. Ya know? It’s like workin’ with, the president or, you know what I mean? It’s just amazing. And he’s such a nice bloke. And, going to work everyday, and knowing that he’s going to walk through that door, and direct you, and be totally accessible, and a good laugh, and full of stories… It’s a dream come true, really. I don’t really have much recollection, for one reason or another, of going to high school, but I do remember watching Close Encounters for the first time, and ET for the first time. You know what I mean? He’s had more impact on me personally, than high school ever had. And erm, he’s not the kind of guy that you can’t suggest things to. I mean, we suggested something on the day, and he laughs and says “that’s a great idea, let’s try that”, And when Steven Speilberg says “that’s a great idea”, Holy Shit… what a great thing. :slight_smile:

G: That is great.

N: Hang on a second… Toby Jones has just walked up… Sorry bout that, G. So yeah, he’s great, and he’s great to work for. And it’s such a confusing medium as well, doing this motion capturing, it’s like the hardest thing in the world, and sort of smoothing out the edges so to speak, and he’s making us feel like it’s alright, and sort of takes our hand.

G: Cool! Very cool. So on a more hypothetical note, what two famous monsters would you most like to see battle it out in the middle of Tokyo?

N: Erm, a giant Stalin and a giant Margaret Thatcher. I don’t, erm, I hate to say that I’m not that big a geek, but I don’t really know two monsters. I mean, I could say like, what’s the common, Mothra, but I think I prefer Stalin and Thatcher. :slight_smile:

G: Yeah, Val thought you would say Hitler.

N: (Laughs) You know what? My first two were Hitler and Lady Diana. You can choose either of those. I’m happy with it. Maybe like a 50-foot Lady Diana vs. a 50-foot Hitler over Tokyo. And maybe they could end up making love instead of fighting. :smiley:

G: Wow, that would make a good kid. Alright, um, If you could invite 5 people, living or dead, over to your house for dinner, who would you invite? (please say Val and Geoi)

N: Ok, on that one I’ll have to say, you and Val, (laughs) obviously, uh, and then erm, Thomas, Simon, and Hitler… OR, Or you and val, Jimmi Hendrix, David Attenborough, Michael Palin, and maybe Hitler comes o’r for drinks. :smiley:

G: (laughs) Okay… If you could be any type of food in the world, what would you be and who would you want to eat you?

N: Erm, I would probably say, well, you know, I’m a big foodie, and I love food, and Chris, my wife does too, and we spend a lot of our time eating, or thinking about what meal we’re going to eat, or sometimes we’ll be eating a meal and then thinking about 3 or 4 meals in advance. So for the purposes of this question, erm, I make, I mean I literally make the world’s best lasagna, so I’m going to have to say, I’d like to be a lasagna, and I’d like my wife to eat me, because it would give her a lot of pleasure. From eating her husband who’s a lasagna. Orr, maybe like a fajita. Maybe Hitler eating my fajita. :smiley:

V: Have you ever seen a ghost, or a UFO, or a mythical creature?

N: Erm, I saw once a ghost AND a UFO, and the UFO was being flown by the Loch Ness Monster. Erm no. Know what? I think maybe, I kinda don’t believe in any of that. But, when I was a kid, it was a bit different. My family, especially on my Mum’s side, the Warth side, they were all a little bit spooky, and a little bit mediumy, and a bit ghosty. So, once when I stayed at my Auntie’s, at my Auntie Melanie’s house, erm, I was asleep on the couch and I heard, you know it was just before I’d fallen asleep, and I heard a coffee cup movin’ across the table. And that was kind of it, really. But I’ve always been, I’ve always had that really vivid imagination, so, when I was a kid, and early teens and stuff like that, I was always scaring the shit outta myself by thinkin’ of, thinking bout things. Nuclear war was fucking frightening enough. I had enough on my plate, without seein’ a ghost. :expressionless:

G: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Alright sir, well we want to thank you very very much for your time, we really appreciate you doing this interview for us.

N: It is no problem at all. Sorry I didn’t phone you earlier, but they been messin me about all day on set. So, look, if you’re gonna think of any more questions, and you wanna e-mail them to me, I can maybe fire off some answers to that. But yeah, that is a real pleasure, guys, it’s a pleasure. :slight_smile:

G: Thank you, sir. Any words of wisdom you wanna leave us with?

N: Behave yourselves. :wink:

G: Alright. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

N: Oh, stop smoking cigarrettes! I’ve stopped smoking cigarettes. For like 14 days now… So I’m feeling quite strong and dumb. But… You know…

G: What about left-handed cigarettes? :wink:

N: Ahha, yeah! Yeah, I might stop smoking those… with strange Afghanistani tobaccos within them. :smiley:

G: HA!

N: Listen, have a great night, and don’t smoke too many joints, and I’ll speak to you agian and I look forward to reading this on the site. ;-D

G: Ha. Alright, great! Thank you sir.

N: And love to Thomas too.

G: Yes sir.

N: I’ll speak to you later. Bye.

Great interview … Hitler eating my fajita ;D

I don’t get it. Why don’t you guys just record the interview with a camera or audio?

[quote=“nublob”]
Great interview … Hitler eating my fajita ;D
[/quote]

Lolz, yeah, he’s so funny. Thanks.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
I don’t get it. Why don’t you guys just record the interview with a camera or audio?
[/quote]

I did, but he said a lot of things that were off the record while we were talking, and there were some interruptions because he was at his hotel bar. I took the most relevant parts and transcribed them. PLUS, believe it or not, a lot of americans can’t understand british accents when they speak real fast. So it’s best.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.universalpictures.nl/bioscoo … ailer.html”>http://www.universalpictures.nl/bioscoop/data/boat/trailer.html</LINK_TEXT>

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ;D ;D ;D

He does look kind of sexy with those sideburns

[quote=“nublob”]
He does look kind of sexy with those sideburns
[/quote]

Indeed!

For any Aussie fans, Nick will be with the rest of the cast of The Boat That Rocked in Melbourne, Australia on the 30th of March, and Sydney the 31st of March for premieres and press!