My Very First Script I Created When I Was 11

It’s a zombie comedy, inspired by Shaun of the Dead. There is alot of mistakes but try to ignore them. Theres alot of zombie movie references too. Its short, only 60 something pages. But like I said, this was my very first script, atleast my very first script that I finished, and also that is, more script then book. All right here it is. My very first script I wrote when I was 11: Zombie Elementary. It took me only 3 weeks lol. Anways, here it is.

www.freewebs.com/romzomcom/shaunfacts2.htm

How old are you now?

Cause if you wrote it when you were 11 and it is inspired by Shaun of the dead, then doesnt that mean you would be like 12 or something now?

…lol i just checked your profile, you are twelve…yeah good work. Not really my style, but good for an 11 year old. (i write independent arthouse scripts, so it is pretty much completely different territory) …slightly juvenile, but you are eleven and it fits your age…keep it up! you are off to a good start

Any advice or more feedback?

i read your other script and i liked that one better than this one, i suggest swaying more that way in screenwriting

My new script anyways a cop (kinda) movie. So it’s more in direction with my other one.

For incase someone (MrsT) didnt realize RomZomCom is my website, I did make that script, I just needed a place to post the script so plp could download it. So I choose this site, I’ve made alot on freewebs.

Your descriptions are way too wordy.ÂÂ

You don’t have to write “CUT TO:” for every new scene.

And don’t include camera direction in description.

[quote=“deliveryman”]
You don’t have to write “CUT TO:” for every new scene.

And don’t include camera direction in description.
[/quote]

I’ve gotten out of the habit of these two things atleast.

This is fucking trite. Zombies staggering like drunken men groaning like idiots.And if trying to escape is the whole premise of the story,c’mon. George Romero has been the only director that can pull this kind of action off.I think zombies should change.You go into a movie theatre and you see the same old shit. I have a take on a more gothic,scary lookin zombies,not some cartoony green zombies…the should be faster,scarier,and more lethal.Zombies should be obstacles not a main focus of the narrative thread.

I think it would be cooler if zombies run fast but think about it. It’s not like a zombie could run fast. I mean they basicaly are braindead. They are not gonna be running fast if they are dead and brainless.

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
This is fucking trite. Zombies staggering like drunken men groaning like idiots.And if trying to escape is the whole premise of the story,c’mon. George Romero has been the only director that can pull this kind of action off.I think zombies should change.You go into a movie theatre and you see the same old shit. I have a take on a more gothic,scary lookin zombies,not some cartoony green zombies…the should be faster,scarier,and more lethal.Zombies should be obstacles not a main focus of the narrative thread.
[/quote]

Zombies running! Atleast stay true to the zombie genre, zombies running is an awful idea. My script is a tribute to Romero, and plus all it is, is take a group of grade six kids, and put them in a zombie invasion and see how THEY would make it out. There not super strong ninja kids, there just normal every day students and how they would survive in a zombie invasion. Zombies running is a joke, George Romero even admitted it in an interview I found on Isn’tItCoolNews. Zombies walk like drunks! It’s true! I kept to the zombie genre, the zombies arent green, there Night of the Living Dead remake zombies. I know it’s like George A. Romero zombie movies, I wanted it to be. It’s a Romero zombie film except we put kids in the situation.

[quote=“CopperHead”]
Zombies running! Atleast stay true to the zombie genre, zombies running is an awful idea. My script is a tribute to Romero, and plus all it is, is take a group of grade six kids, and put them in a zombie invasion and see how THEY would make it out. There not super strong ninja kids, there just normal every day students and how they would survive in a zombie invasion. Zombies running is a joke, George Romero even admitted it in an interview I found on ReallyCoolNews. Zombies walk like drunks! It’s true! I kept to the zombie genre, the zombies arent green, there Night of the Living Dead remake zombies. I know it’s like George A. Romero zombie movies, I wanted it to be. It’s a Romero zombie film except we put kids in the situation.
[/quote]

Couldnt have put it better myself.

I stand by my opinion. You know why? Because zombies aren’t real. So, as Roger Ebert once said…zombies are easy to kill,they’re walking targets,they’re boring. It has to change sooner or later.The genre is dying.

Well I feel it is still good 2 keep original to the genre.

I agree(once again). You should stick to the genre.

Zombies are zombies. Zombies walk slow, their dumb. There dead! Vampires and Wherewolves are alive! Zombies are dead so they are stupid!

Screenplays are written in 12 courier…and you have to adjust the margins…

Hey! Its my first script! I like the font tamaho alot anyways!

I can’t beleive you didin’t copyright this masterful work. I own the rights to it now:#37856422111-look for it in wga.com, and I sold it for 10,000 dollars, not much but what do I care… sinister laughterIts not like I wrote it! By the way its no longer called “Zombie Elementary”, its “Night Of The Living Fred” I just fuckin’ wit ya…or am I?

[quote=“Snake Charmer”]
I can’t beleive you didin’t copyright this masterful work. I own the rights to it now:#37856422111-look for it in wga.com, and I sold it for 10,000 dollars, not much but what do I care… sinister laughterIts not like I wrote it! By the way its no longer called “Zombie Elementary”, its “Night Of The Living Fred” I just fuckin’ wit ya…or am I?
[/quote]

Oh my god Snake Charmer? Is it really you?