Most controversial movies you've seen!

Excluding 60’s 70’s 80’s early 90’s exploitation cinema!

Ichi the Killer

Visitor Q

Audition

Fudoh

Gozu

Izo

Dead or Alive

Dead or Alive 2

Dead or Alive 3

Happiness of the Katakuris

Mr vengeance

Oldboy

Lady Vengeance

Battle Royale

Amores Perros

Y Tu Mama Tambien

City of God

Lower City

The Crime of Padre Amaro

Bad Education

Sex and Lucia

Man Bites Dog

Irreversible

The King

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill

From Dusk Till Dawn

Sin City

I’m getting Salo in 2 days!!! Calvaire: The Ordeal the only movie that ever scared me! It gets into your head and stays there for a very very long time! I didnt put it in the list cause I hated it! I could never watch it again! DISTURBING!!! Not in a gory, violent, emotional or immoral way. It Disturbs your soul!

[quote=“themack”]
Excluding 60’s 70’s 80’s early 90’s exploitation cinema!
[/quote]

?

So you’re only counting stuff that was made in the late 90’s til now?

And I don’t see how some of those Mexican movies (As well as a few others) are labeled to be controversial.

But I still haven’t seen Salo yet either

Controversy doesnt have to revolve around bizzare situations, extreme over the top violence and gore! For an example the last scene in Y Tu Mama Tambien combines all the sexual taboos of society! Homosexuality, menage a trios, mature/adult sex… /the Crime of Padre Amaro is about the lust of a priest and thats controversy to me! Bad Education is about homosexuality, transvestism and the pedophillia of a priest and whats even more controversial is that they all started in the church! No other movie expresses emotional suffering, despair and melancholy as Amores Perros! Its so far away from your usual hollywood story! Happiness doesnt exist in the movie! Plus it pissed off animal lovers all around the world! Sex and Lucia is a deep journey through the eroticsm of female! Does that answer your question! Plus what other movies in my list u dnt consider controversial? respect to you my fellow Tarantino fan I’d love to hear your opinions! Criticism is important!

Probably the most taboo movies I’ve seen

Jungle Holocaust

Hated

Last House on the Left

The Last Temptation of Christ

These are movies that I think still are not so much in the mainstream just because of thier subject matter or content. Nothing like the oldies, I guess.

I think most of today’s movies are kindof either wider accepted or tamer than those of the past.

I would love to watch Salo, but I think it’s kindof hard to find. Isn’t it?

[quote=“festus_taint”]

I would love to watch Salo, but I think it’s kindof hard to find. Isn’t it?
[/quote]

no actually Its getting released in 2007by criterion.I want to see it but I dont want to buy it so Im kind of in a dilemma

[quote=“themack”]
Calvaire: The Ordeal the only movie that ever scared me![/quote]

really? haha Belgium represent! I enjoyed it quite alot, can’t say it really scared me

Humm, I see Calvaire: The Ordeal is directed by a Frenchie. Might be pretty good then. I may check it out if I ever come across it.

Ever seen High Tension? It’s also French. I think it was done pretty well; you may want to check into it.

Wow, Salo looks just horrible. Seems like another Faces of Death movie or something.

The Graduate was a very controversial movie when it was released. The thought of an older woman sleeping with her husband’s business partner’s son so that he (a Jew) wouldn’t date her daughter was unheard of back in 1967. Anne Bancroft was pretty hot in that one. I had to watch it a couple of times before I realized that the only reason she was sleeping with him was because she didn’t want her daughter to date, and possibly marry, a Jew.

Johny Exhale I didn’t knw that Calvaire was Belgian… Thx for the info! Do Belgians speak french? Cause both Calvaire and Man Bites Dog are Belgian movies in French language…

not a problem! a little over half of the population does, they do collaborate alot with French actors for movies

[quote=“themack”]
For an example the last scene in Y Tu Mama Tambien combines all the sexual taboos of society! Homosexuality, menage a trios, mature/adult sex…
[/quote]

Although I didn’t see the controversey, a ladyfriend of mine despised this movie because she felt that Luisa had raped the boys. And the only problem I had with Amores Perros was the animal cruelty.

Out of all the Miike films you mentioned, Visitor Q is the only one that pushes my buttons. Not saying that I would watch Ichi or Gozu along with the family as a compairson, but i’m amazed at how so many people aren’t bothered by that movie. Another Miike film, Shinjiku Triad Society is a tough one for me to watch. The homosexual scenes made me nauseous and the ahem anal interrogation scenes are just damn difficult to look at.

I guess these could qualify for your list:

Bad Lieutenant

Ken Park

The Baby of Mâcon

Priest

The cook,the thief,his wife,and her lover

Happiness

Base Moi

Nekromantik

Kids

Léolo

Angels and Insects

I Stand Alone

Humanité

Man Behind The Sun

Brown Bunny

The Child I Never Was

The Untold Story

In my Skin

Bad Guy

Mordum

Tokyo Decadence

[quote=“festus_taint”]
Jungle Holocaust
[/quote]

By far, the worst animal death I’ve seen on film yet.

The Spanish film, Bell From Hell also has some of the most disturbing slaughterhouse footage I’ve ever seen.

I own Shinjuku Triad Society but haven’t watched it yet… I thought Visitor Q, Ichi the Killer, Audition, Fudoh, Gozu and Izo where his most fucked up movies… I’ll watch Shinjuku Triad Society today… What about Deadly Outlaw Rekkah? Is it like Fudoh or Like Full Metal Yakuza and City of Lost Souls (Which were violent movies but I didnt feel that they reflect Takashi Miikes Bizzare style)… And btw Visitor Q is a really deep movie… Its shows what we’re coming closer to as a society as time passes by… The immorality was exagerated but its based on reality… It’s out there man… Our morals and values are diminishing everyday… People who watch Visitor Q just cause its bizzare don’t get the point of the movie!

I have heard that Visitor Q was pretty disturbing. It’ll probably be the next Miike I pick up.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Although I didn’t see the controversey, a ladyfriend of mine despised this movie because she felt that Luisa had raped the boys. And the only problem I had with Amores Perros was the animal cruelty.

[/quote]

raped them?..wtf? I dont like Amores Perros… the dog fighting isnt the only reason though…

I think u didnt like Amores Perros cuz it makes u depressed for along time after u watch it… but thats the point of the movie… and the director done his job perfectly…

id like to add to my list:

Salo

Caligula

Last House on the Left

Man Behind the Sun

I Spit on your Grave

Riki Oh

Last Temptation of the Christ

Entrails of a Virgin

Entrails of a Beautiful Woman

Imprint

Three Extremes

I watched these during the week

Shogun’s Sadism. That was seriously sick. I’ll post a long review to the Pinky Violence topic sometime soon (Tokugawa onna keibatsu-shi review coming first, though)

Has anyone seen Bad Taste and Meet The Feebles? From what I have heard they really screwed movies.Opinions anyone?

those are comedies