More from Weapon of Choice

Really nothing too special, but I whipped this up last night and did the final touches today:

- YouTube

I’m also wanting to get back into this project soon as well. I think that we were trying to take on such a big project at once, but just wasn’t ready. Most of us don’t have time and I felt I was the only one that was truely involved in the project(besides maybe one or two). So here’s what I plan to do: Make short films out of particular scenes in the movie. Hopefully this will get everyone’s mind back into the project so that hopefully one day we will be able to finish this movie.

One scene that was always a favorite of mine when writing the screenplay was a particular scene involving four men and a game of poker. In particular they were each in the discussion of greedy women. Towards the end of the scripted scene, their boss walks up on them and kicks the shit out of a few for not being on duty. The other two dash out. The scene then cuts to the boss engaging in coversation with the general of the “crime army” about the information involving the two cops that are to put a stop them.

So here’s the kicker: I’m deciding on whether to keep this scene as is for this “short film” or perhaps change the ending a bit. At the end of the short film version, another man walks up on the game only to have four guns thrown in his face. After each of the men realize who the man is they lower their weapons as the man tell them: “it’s time to grow up and I have a job for you”.

I may post the script later to give you a clearer understanding of the two versions.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
time and I felt I was the only one that was truely involved in the project(besides maybe one or two
[/quote]
jeez i hate that feeling, when i was editing the concert vids i done there were 3 of us editing but after a couple of days i was the only one left, anyways good luck with this project if you cant get this off the ground again just turn that scene into a small film and at least that way you will have a kickass scene on video!

Yeah you should make the Poker scene into a short film, sounds interesting.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
Yeah you should make the Poker scene into a short film, sounds interesting.
[/quote]
ive got a script (half a script to be precise) that involves a high stakes poker game, and i cant wait to make it, so hows weapon of choice coming along now, or has it been scrapped?

It hasn’t been scrapped. I’ve worked to damn hard on the screenplay to scrap it. It’s just that myself and everyone else have different time schedules and it’s hard for all of us to meet up. We will be shooting this scene soon though. I’ve already got the shots set up and everything.

What is the basic plot of Weapon of Choice?

nice soits basically trying to find times to get it done then? anyways good luck

[quote=“BadMotherFucker6”]
What is the basic plot of Weapon of Choice?
[/quote]

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
The story was actually started by myself and two other friends…

It’s about two ruthless cops who let nothing stand in they’re way. Each have their own motivation for revenge and the two hate each other. The two are soon to be grouped together as partners to solve the crime wave that is currently dominating the city. But here’s the kicker…the chief of police is the leader of the crime taking place in the city. By doing this, he is able to control the entire city. But not for long…

The script is pretty straight forward and relatively simple. Your basic 80’s cop cliché movie.
[/quote]

hell yeah

It sounds pretty good.

hope all goes well with it

duke is anything goin on with this project?