Mickey Rourke on GRINDHOUSE

Heres what Mickey had to say about the whole Grindhouse thing:

RADAR: Since you returned to acting, there’s lots of discussion about whether you’re “reformed.” Do you ever feel like people jus t want you to become a boring schlub?

MR: People see that wh atever-you-want-to-call-it in me and it scares a lot of them. But if I have that in me and I’m not putting my hand through someone’s head, then they should chill the fuck out. The guys who are afraid are the ones who were around when I was just starting out. The younger directors like Rodriguez and Aronofsky that I’m working with now aren’t afraid of it. I also just recently got offered a Tarantino movie that I didn’t, that I chose not to do.

RADAR: After turning down Pulp Fiction, why did you pass up the opportunity to work with Tarantino on his latest project, Grindhouse?

MR: You know what? He hasn’t made any comments about it. And until he makes a comment about it, I’m not going to say anything. It just didn’t work out. And I hope that’s what he has to say. I’m just going to wait.

What the hell is THAT about? Sorry, but Mickster seems like an asshole for that move.

I dont even care, I’m happy that Kurt Russell’s doing it. Rourke’s always talking about how he’s lucky that hes gotten a second chance in Hollywood, yet he turns down a Tarantino movie? He’s sort of a dumbass.d

The picture says everything…He looks like fucking crap.

If he wasnt in such a bad shape he would be number 1, but now Kurt is numbah 1.

Who cares about this has been loser? It’s all in the past. I’m sure Kurt will make everybody forget there was a time when Stuntman Mike was gonna be played by Mr. Alcoholic Weirdo.

Word. Kurt is gonna fucking rule anyway. After seeing the movie it will feel akward even imagining Rourke in that role.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
Word. Kurt is gonna fucking rule anyway. After seeing the movie it will feel akward even imagining Rourke in that role.
[/quote]

Yeah, it probably will.

I still wouldn’t mind Mickey being Stuntman Mike.

Is that photo for real? Cause it looks like the “mustache” goes right threw his lips!

I think Russel was the better choice, Mickey was OK for that Chihuuhua holding guy in Once upon a time in mexico, but for Stuntman Mike? Nah, don’t think so.