Michel Gondry

Talk about this french genious with a funny english accent!! :smiley:

I love how he made eterenal sunshine of the spotless mind (ESOTSM). At first I was let down by some stupid unsignificant bullshit that doesnt even matterā€¦but I saw the extras on my limited edition dvd and was just blown away by his inventiveness :stuck_out_tongue:

Canā€™t wait to see more of this genious at work :stuck_out_tongue:

I also would like to state that Jim Carrey is THE MOST UNDERRATED ACTOR EVER!! :frowning:

He is such a great director. Have you seen his music videos?

yeah! They are also on a dvd collection :stuck_out_tongue: COP THAT SHIT :smiley:

I have the DVD with all his music videos (The Work Of Michel Gondry), just great with some of his short movies. And of course, ESOTSM is very unconventionnal. I love Gondry style, how he makes movies, his directing, his ideas that noone imagines before !

If someone knows some links about him with videos and such things, Iā€™d love to see them :smiley:

PS : I remember when I told you, Seth, about ESOTSM. At 1st, as you said, you focused on small details, and then you realized all the originality of the movie !

Well lets seeā€¦ Esotsm is number 3 on my fav-list of all time , it is so fucking awesome!!! And I want your esotsm-dvd, Seth :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œSeth_Gecko (TAFKATIG)ā€]
yeah! They are also on a dvd collection :stuck_out_tongue: COP THAT SHIT :smiley:
[/quote]
yeah I have it. I also have the work of director Spike Jonze and Chris Cunningham

[quote=ā€œcyber-liliā€]
I have the DVD with all his music videos (The Work Of Michel Gondry), just great with some of his short movies. And of course, ESOTSM is very unconventionnal. I love Gondry style, how he makes movies, his directing, his ideas that noone imagines before !

If someone knows some links about him with videos and such things, Iā€™d love to see them :smiley:

PS : I remember when I told you, Seth, about ESOTSM. At 1st, as you said, you focused on small details, and then you realized all the originality of the movie !
[/quote]

yeah!! I was a total bitch about a little detail, WHICH!! even got explained in the movie when I watched it againā€¦so I am SOOOO wrongā€¦sorry liliā€¦I must give you 100% credit again on how you explained the genious of this movieā€¦

To add to the magic, watching the extras on ESOTSM with michel gondry just makes the movie even more genious!!

I LOVE the man and everything in moviemaking he stands for!! :smiley:

Ah, There are practically no extras on my dvd, I bought it the day it got released in UKā€¦

The movie is amazing thoā€¦ It is so colorful and I love the characters!!

[quote=ā€œthecrazy88ā€]
Ah, There are practically no extras on my dvd, I bought it the day it got released in UKā€¦

The movie is amazing thoā€¦ It is so colorful and I love the characters!!
[/quote]

You should pick up the SE if its cheap! Its more than worth it to hear Michel Gondry and Kate Winslet talk about the movie and just see them interact with eachother! So special!! Just hooked to the screen :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve never seen a se of this movie. Only the one you pmā€™d me.

Yay! A Gondry-topic! And ESOTSM is awsome. The best love-story ever.

Btw, i read on kirsten-dunst.org that she will co-star with Jack Black in Gondrys next film Rewind.

Edit: imdb says itƃā€šĆ‚Ā“s called Be kind, rewind

And his new movie with Gael Garcia Bernal and some other French actors and actresses must be released this summer if everything goes as expected. I canā€™t wait.

[quote=ā€œSeth_Gecko (TAFKATIG)ā€]
yeah!! I was a total bitch about a little detail, WHICH!! even got explained in the movie when I watched it againā€¦so I am SOOOO wrongā€¦sorry liliā€¦I must give you 100% credit again on how you explained the genious of this movieā€¦

To add to the magic, watching the extras on ESOTSM with michel gondry just makes the movie even more genious!!

I LOVE the man and everything in moviemaking he stands for!! :smiley:
[/quote]

I have to find again the posts, must be cool to re-read them after all.

ANd yeah Louise buy the collector edition (donā€™t know if we have the same edition, Sethā€¦ is your name Tim ? I catched tha name in your conversations on the swedish invasion topic, but donā€™t really know :-X) ! Iā€™ll find my edition to show you the extras, pretty amazing !

[quote=ā€œcyber-liliā€]
ANd yeah Louise buy the collector edition (donā€™t know if we have the same edition, Sethā€¦ is your name Tim ? I catched tha name in your conversations on the swedish invasion topic, but donā€™t really know :-X) ! Iā€™ll find my edition to show you the extras, pretty amazing !
[/quote]
Cool, that must be the one Seth has got. Iā€™m totally confusing things by calling him Tim :stuck_out_tongue:

I have got this one:

bought it imported from UK as soon as they released it there ā€¦ Really stupid by me, it was really expensiveā€¦ Payed like 300 sek (more than 30 euros)ā€¦

Have never seen them sell a SE in Sweden :frowning: I have to check more.

I found this one

on the uk amazon, and I also saw it last time I went to London. Iā€™m gonna look for it next time I get there, too bad I didnt buy it last time ā€¦

But the one that you have got has 3 discs, right?

Mine has got two discs (the 3rd is the soundtrack) :

Making of

Interviews of Jim Carrey et de Michel Gondry

Music video of ā€˜Light & dayā€™ by Polyphonic Spree

Audio comments of Michel Gondry and Charlie Kaufman

New Scenes

SFX

Making of the scene on Saratoga Avenue

Interviews of Kate Winslet and Michel Gondry

[quote=ā€œcyber-liliā€]
Mine has got two discs (the 3rd is the soundtrack) :

Making of

Interviews of Jim Carrey et de Michel Gondry

Music video of ā€˜Light & dayā€™ by Polyphonic Spree

Audio comments of Michel Gondry and Charlie Kaufman

New Scenes

SFX

Making of the scene on Saratoga Avenue

Interviews of Kate Winslet and Michel Gondry
[/quote]
ah, well then maybe Iā€™ll alright with 2 discs. I bought the soundtrack as soon as I saw the movie. Sooo amazing!!

[quote=ā€œMr.BlondeBillā€]

[/quote]

I have it. I mentioned it at the beginning of the post :smiley:

I only have a one disc version of Eternal Sunshine but it came with a book of the script.