Michael Madsen dialogue

There’s one line that I never ever got. The scene when Elle brings the million bucks in the red bag…MADSEN:“If you’re gonna compare a hanzo sword, you compare it to every other sword that wasen’t made… by Hattori Hanzo.” The line seems so esoteric, I can’t get it through my fucking head!

well you’re comparing a Hanzo sword. hanzo swords are so good, that the only comparison that lives up to it, is a comparison with every other sword not made by hattori hanzo

??? It’s not that difficult to understand you Sith servant scumbag.

aside from the line that was mentioned, what I thought what was the neatest about Madsen’s dialog was the scene where he’s talking with his boss at the strip club.

"…that the reason you’re not doing the job that I’m paying you to do, is because you haven’t got a job to do?"

which is interesting not only because it sounds a lot like Madsen’s uber-cool line in RD…

“If they hadn’t done the thing that I told them not to do, they would still be alive.”

…but because his boss, as sleazy as he is: a coked up strip club owner and drug dealer, is absolutely correct in his reasoning. This, more than anything, is the beauty of Tarantino’s films - in that even a person like Budd’s boss (ok, I don’t remember his name) has a redeeming characteristic - his being 100% correct and Budd being 100% wrong - that makes that scene perfect in the context of the film. Why? Because Budd doesn’t kill him like we all expected him to the first time we watched it, he just sucks it in and accepts it and goes and cleans the shitty toilet.

[quote=“The Seb”]
well you’re comparing a Hanzo sword. hanzo swords are so good, that the only comparison that lives up to it, is a comparison with every other sword not made by hattori hanzo
[/quote]

That makes the exact amount of sense as this phrase: well, slap my ass and call me a bitch! :-</E>

I didnt get that line either…as you can see…

i always understood it as this: if you compare a Hanzo sword, you can’t compare it with another Hanzo sword because they are all equally great, you can only compare to a non-Hanzo sword because only non-Hanzo swords are lesser in quality

that makes sense, right?

yeh it’s kinda tricky the first time u hear it, but seconds later it makes perfect sense, he didnt say this just for nothing… at the end we see the Bride and Elle fighting swords, and it just so happens that ELLE got the brand new Hanzo sword specially made for the Bride…

so this explains why didnt Elle beat Beatrix, both swords were equally great, and it all came down to the fighter skills at the end… Uma only won using PaiMei’s trick, not by using Hanzo’s sword…

[quote=“tai-pan”]

[/quote]

dude WTF is with ur avatar??

shouldnt u be banned by now?

haha

hasn´t he had that avatar a loooong time now? :stuck_out_tongue:

this is a quentin tarantino forum…so i think that avatar is perfectly acceptable.

please keep it on topic peeps :wink:

[quote=“mikke”]
so this explains why didnt Elle beat Beatrix, both swords were equally great, and it all came down to the fighter skills at the end… Uma only won using PaiMei’s trick, not by using Hanzo’s sword…
[/quote]

Elle lost 'cause she didn’t finish Pai Mei’s training. That’s what I think.

[quote=“thecrazy88”]
hasn´t he had that avatar a loooong time now? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I find it hypnotic… as ive said before