Looking for actors!

Hey, I wrote a great script for a movie called "Killers Tragedy"

It’s the best script since Pulp Fiction, and it’s not a rip off of it at all. (However, there is some similarity to Reservoir Dogs. The fact that there’s more than a couple main characters, and everything that can go wrong, does. Actually, it all starts to fall apart in the end of the fourth act and begining of the fifth)

Anyway, I am a kid… yeah… but I want to cast some actual adult actors so that I can eventually submit this to some sort of filmmaker contest. I guess it would be considered a short film, because it’s only about 1hr and 10minutes. Actors looking for your BIG BREAK, this is where to find it.

Oh, I should also mention this is not a Hollywood operation, and the budgets are extremely limited, I’m not planning to spend more than it costs for all of that fake blood. I live in Daytona Beach, Florida and that’s where the movie will be shot, preferably during the 2005 summer. So hit me back if you’re interested. (script is copyrighted.)

Hey man,

I’m from England sadly, otherwise I would jump at it like a shot - if u need any voice over work though, let me know, I’ve been doing that kinda thing for 10 years I’d I’m willing to do it for free!

Wish u luck, I know wat its like trying to get a production company off the ground, keep us updated with how it turns out :wink:

damn man, i thouht u was in LA, i would try to get on that too

I’m glad that you two are interested, I wish this was taking place in LA!

I will consider a part for a voice over that you can do, bign2000, thanks for the support.

how old are you?

15, I cant even drive on my own.

If you need a French girl, I can do like bign2000 and support you with a voice over… :wink:

Even the script is copyrighted, can’t you post a copy of it, in order to read ot, because it interests when you say [quote=“Anthony”]
It’s the best script since Pulp Fiction, and it’s not a rip off of it at all.
[/quote]

Good luck for your movie, hope I can read the script, and see in a few time some shots ! :wink:

any piece of writing is automatically copyrighted

Ok, here’s a piece of the script…

This is ACT 3, Scene 2. In this scene they finally meet Tony Barone (Joe’s dad) and are given their assignment which they’ve been called in for. Forgive any mispelled words that may be here.

TONY: GOOD TO SEE YOU BOYS, HAVE A SEAT. HOLY SHIT, IS THAT HARVEY TYCOON? HAYADOING HARVEY I HAVEN’T SEEN YOU SINCE MY BIRTHDAY IN JANUARY, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?

HARVEY: HERE ON BEHALF OF MR. BROWN.

TONY: MR. BROWN, OH OF COURSE, WHO’S THE JIGABOO?

HARVEY: YOU DON’T RECOGNIZE HIM?

TONY: THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME, HARVEY.

HARVEY: HE’S THE NEPHEW OF JENKINS.

TONY: BLACK MAN JENKINS?

HARVEY: YEAH.

TONY: REALLY? THAT CAT WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST GUYS I’VE EVER KNOWN, HOW’S HE DOING BOY?

TYRONE: HE’S DEAD, SIR.

TONY: DEAD? THAT SURE IS A DISAPPOINTMENT.

HARVEY: WHAT’S HAPPENING HERE TODAY, TONY? YOU GOT A PARTY GOING IN YOUR OFFICE?

TONY: NO, THIS IS A MATTER OF BUSINESS.

JOE: SPEAKING OF WHICH, EXPLAIN THE ‘BIG JOB’ POPS.

TONY: I’M WAITING FOR EVERYONE TO HAVE A SEAT, HEY SAM, FETCH US SOME DRINKS WOULD YOU DOGGY?

JOE: (TO SAM) I’LL TAKE CARE OF IT.

[JOE GOES TO GET THE DRINKS. EVERYONE ELSE SITS DOWN.]

TONY: WHAT’S YOUR NAME, KID?

TYRONE: TYRONE, SIR.

TONY: OK, WELL SINCE YOU TWO ARE HERE ON BEHALF OF MR. BROWN AND YOU’RE BOTH HITMEN YOU TWO MAY BE INCLINED TO LISTEN IN TO THE CONVERSATION, THAT FATASS WAS SUPPOSED TO TALK TO ME BEFORE TONIGHT, I WOULD HAVE TOLD HIM TO SEND YOU, SO SINCE YOU’RE HERE TAKE THIS MEETING AS SERIOUS AS POSSIBLE.

HARVEY: OK.

TONY: I HAVE CALLED ALL YOU HERE BECAUSE YOU’RE THE BEST OF THE BESTâ€â€

Tell ya what, I’ll give you a sample of one of my dialouges, it’s a short one… Act 4 Scene 2. Maxwell, Sam, and Joe are partners in crime, and they do all their hits together (if you don’t know, Sam is black, Maxwell is white, and Joe is Italian.) Here they’re on a hit at a real estate office, but it’s before they get in, it’s just the dialouge.

SAM: YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK IS THE MOST USELESS THING TO HAVE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY OF OURS?

MAXWELL: WHAT?

SAM: INSURANCE.

JOE: AFFLAK!

SAM: NO, SERIOUSLY. YOU PAY EVERY MONTH UP THE ASS FOR SOMETHING YOU NEVER REALLY GET TO SEE, AND THEN WHEN SOMETHING ACTUALLY GOES WRONG THEY DENY YOUR CLAIM.

JOE: I HAVE TO SIDE WITH SAM ON THIS ONE.

MAXWELL: I WAS ONCE IN A CAR CRASH, AND IT WAS THE OTHER GUY’S FAULT. MY INSURANCE COMPANY PAYED FOR EVERYTHING.

JOE: YOU HAVEN’T SEEN RAIN MAKER, HAVE YOU?

MAXWELL: WITH DANNY DEVITO?

JOE: YEAH.

MAXWELL: NO, BUT THAT’S JUST A MOVIE.

JOE: AHAH! WELL, I KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAD SOMETHING EXACTLY LIKE THAT HAPPEN TO HIM. HE WAS SICK, HE COULD HAVE HAD A SIMPLE SURGERY TO FIX HIM RIGHT UP. INSTEAD, THEY LEFT HIM TO DIE.

SAM: THAT’S SOME MESSED UP SHIT RIGHT THERE.

MAXWELL: WELL IT’S NEVER HAPPENED TO ME.

JOE: IT VERY WELL COULD, MAX. THEN WHERE WOULD ALL THAT CASH YOU THROW AWAY EVERY MONTH GO?

MAXWELL: IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME I WOULDN’T CARE ABOUT THE CASH I THREW AWAY.

SAM: WHY THE HELL NOT?

MAXWELL: BECAUSE, I’D BE DEAD.

[THE THREE EXIT THE CAR, AND OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO THE REAL-ESTATE AGENT, JOHN MITCHELL’S, OFFICE. THEY WALK IN AND SHUT THE DOOR BEHIND HIM. THERE IS A LINE OF CUSTOMERS WAITING BEHIND A RESEPTIONIST WINDOW.]

MAXWELL: HIS NAME IS JOHN MITCHELL, AND THIS IS HIS PLACE OF BUSINESS.

JOE: OK, GO TALK TO THE LADY.

MAXWELL: I ALWAYS DO THE TALKING!

SAM: BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE LEAST THREATNING VOICE.

MAXWELL: OK, FINE.

[THE OTHER TWO SIT DOWN ON A CHAIR AND READ POPULAR MECHANICS.]

MAXWELL: EXCUSE ME, MISS…

RESEPTIONIST: I’M SORRY SIR, BUT YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE.

MAXWELL: BUT THIS WILL JUST TAKE A SECOND!

RESEPTIONIST: NEXT PLEASE!

[MAXWELL SHUDDERS, AND WALKS TO THE BACK OF THE LINE, WHERE HE STANDS. SAM AND JOE SMIRK. SCENE ENDS, BUT IT WILL BE CONTINUED LATER.]

Hey Anthony, do u want to post a single speach or monolog for me and I’ll record it and post it online, I’ll do several versions and u can tell me if u want me or not?

Sure, let me see if I can find a monolouge…

Well, I searched and I found out that the longest line is by Tony Barone:

TONY: OK, HERE’S THE DEAL. I’VE CALLED YOU ALL IN BECAUSE YOU’RE THE BEST OF THE BEST. I HAVE A SERIOUS JOB THAT I NEED DONE. NOW LISTEN UP, THE LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE PROFESSION IN THIS GENERATION PISSES THE SHIT OUT OF ME, I WOULD DELEGATE THIS JOB TO MY PEOPLE IF I COULD, BUT I CAN’T. THE PEOPLE I NEED KILLED ARE VERY HIGH-PROFILE. POLICE CHEIFS, BANKERS, REAL-ESTATE OWNERS, LOAN-SHARKS, PEOPLE LIKE THAT. 25 OF THEM. I NEED THEM ALL TAKEN CARE OF IN THREE DAYS.

But he has a New Yorker accent. I intended for Will to have a British accent, so if you can’t do accents that’s fine, but he doesn’t have a monolouge, he’s in many dialouges. I’ve noticed, I really don’t have many long lines in this script. So if you can, then do the lines of Will that I posted in the Tony Barone meeting.

Okay, not to be mean or anything, but, I have a few things I want to address:

1. I would hardly call that “the best script since Pulp Fiction,” considering you don’t know how to write a proper screenplay (by the looks of it).

2. You’re 15. If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about trying to get it into festivals, or getting a budget or even decent actors. Because you’re not, I garuntee it. Not one Film Council or Studio around is going to provide the budget for your film, nor is one decent actor going to work for a 15 year old writer/director/producer.

What you need to worry about is having fun with it. Go borrow your mom’s Hi-8 $800 cam-corder from Sears and have a blast with some friends. That’s the most important thing at this point.

Hi Anthony,

I’ll do the voice over a few times with difference accents, see if u like anything, if not thats fine.

I’ll record and post them up in a few hours …

Ok heres the links, sorry for the double post, I couldnt find the edit button:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dominion2000/001.mp3

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dominion2000/002.mp3

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dominion2000/003.mp3

Let me know wat u think, there about a meg each.

You’re probably right, deliveryman, but yet I like pretending like there’s a reason I’m doing this. It’s true, I have no idea how to write a real screenplay, but if you know how, then teach me! And some kid who does camera angles and things like that for the school weekly announcments is going to be the camera guy.

I suppose there won’t ever be a script as good as Pulp Fiction around, unless someone as good as Tarantino emerges and manages to find a budget so they’re creativity isn’t limited. I’ll probably just get kids to play the roles after all. At least that way I won’t have to pay them.

Oh, and bign2000, the links don’t work for me, but you can email them to me at godfather10k@yahoo.com one at a time though, if they’re 1meg each.

Have u tryed right click and save as? Lycos wont play them because there bastards to u have to save to HD.

Good job, I heard the dialouges. I think I have an idea, instead of filming this I can make it an audio thing first. Sound effects are so much easier to obtain then visual effects. Later on I can match it up to video.

Try some lines of Will, we may be able to do a dialouge somehow. Matching up one line after the other, that would be hard, but possible.

Which one did u think sounded best / suited for the character?

The first one sounded most suitable, but you know what Joe sounded like in Reservoir Dogs? That’s what I sort of invisioned when I was writing for Tony Barone. But it’s better to have it sound different, too much similarity to reservoir dogs wouldn’t be good.