Kung fu films QT showed to cast of Kill Bill?

I’ve just seen a making of Kill Bill where Vivica Fox mentions that Quentin showed them on a regular basis certain Kung Fu movies to the central cast every friday at lunchtime.

Does anyone know where to get a short-list of his choices,it’ll help bicoz a lot of crap ones out there!

What’s your top ten if u are cognescent of the genre?

I know that one of the most influencial movies for Kill Bill is “Lady Snowblood,” Uma Thurman mentions in an interview that the cast watched that movie. ÂÂ

I dont know specifically which movies QT showed them but I can give you a  list of some of the kung fu films that influenced Kill Bill:

Five Fingers of Death

The Five Deadly Venoms

Master of the Flying Guillotine

Executioner of Shaolin

Fist of the White Lotus

Vengeance

Chinese Boxer

Kid with the Golden Arm

Shaolin Master Killer

Eagles Claw

Snake in Monkeys Shadow

Seven Blows of the Dragon

The Blade

Fist of Legend

Game of Death

Fists of Fury

Circle of Iron

The Streetfighter series

Heres a nice list we’re building of alot of the films that inspired Kill Bill:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/movie/killbil … -guide.htm”>http://www.tarantino.info/movie/killbill/articles/references-guide.htm</LINK_TEXT>

thanks for that list vic

just saw 5 deadly venoms for the first time recently

i’m hookt gonna go thru every one of those titles

Vic! It is such a fuck for me, that I only know the films name in german. You wrote, Snake in monkeys shaow. i saw a movie called, Die Schlange im Schatten des Adlers (=Snake in eagle´s shadow) is this the same movie? with Jacky Chan?

Maybe Seb will make somstimes a list with translation for people like me…

[quote]Vic! It is such a fuck for me, that I only know the films name in german. You wrote, Snake in monkeys shaow. i saw a movie called, Die Schlange im Schatten des Adlers (=Snake in eagle´s shadow) is this the same movie? with Jacky Chan? [/quote]

Yes, the title I gave is an alternate title for that movie. It is a Jackie Chan movie, directed by Yuen Woo Ping.

Vic u are a diamond thanx for the list + the link to KB influential movies page it has saved me a lot of time and research and money (tired of buying those dvd box sets with one good/nine rubbish) in my quest for best kung fu movies ever.

yakuzanerd/speedgeekjerk

“Shaolin Master Killer” also known as “36th Chamber of Shaolin”… and there are 3 sequels to it… all starring Gordon Liu… I liked specially the “The Disciples of the 36th Chamber” sequel (this crazy Monk fights the other Monks and becomes a Monk…)…

Shaolin Versus Wu-Tang

thanks theese lists are so awesome… one can really watch days worth of fun action-packed movies… thanks Tarantino…

Master of Flying Guillotine is aka One Armed Boxer II

cool Jet_Set!

I got One Armed Boxer 2 and I was afraid that was like guillotine 2… but it being Guillotine 1 now I know it’s the same movie Tarantino says is kick-ass fun and inspiration…

If it has the same blind man dressed like a budist lama killing one armed ppl and that super neu sound it is

Guys what about Kuan Tai Chen’s Iron Monkey (Tie ma liu)!?! One of the best Kung Fu movies and as it’s one of QT’s favs I’m sure it influenced him hugely somewhere along the road of making Kill Bill…

P.S. Great topic YakuzaNerd

[quote]Guys what about Kuan Tai Chen’s Iron Monkey (Tie ma liu)!?! One of the best Kung Fu movies and as it’s one of QT’s favs I’m sure it influenced him hugely somewhere along the road of making Kill Bill…

P.S. Great topic YakuzaNerd[/quote]
there are two versions, one from 93 with that donny guy, and one form way back.

Well been finding and seeing the recommended above movies :Iron Monkey great for fight scenes and photography a blueprint of what the Once upon a time in china 1 and 2 were going to top.

Shaolin Temple early Jet Li while he was still Wushu peking athlete?

Discovered Princess Blade(referenced on imdb) having seen it a week after KB 1 well sorry to say but once all the hype put aside i favour it!(fights choreographed by …Donnie Yen !!)