Klingon

It’s from some movie called The Wrath of Khan, i only know dat cuz of shit i read off the internet. and ya, Star Trek does suck dick

I hate star Trek (that’s probably partailly because of my love of Star Wars), I think the original show is cool because it was different and was made to be sooo cheesy. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any of the movies (I saw nemisis because a friend told me he’d pay, and it looked mildly interesting, nothing to lose in otherwords except time, which I had), but from what I understand Wrath of Khan is the Best.

I’ve seen Wrath of Khan on many of the best of Sci-fi lists, and everyone I know who can remember highly recomends it.

QT probably put the reference in there to

pay homage (he probably likes it a great deal)

keep up with his pop culture reference tally

set up the point that Kill Bill will be no holds bar, anything goes, entertainment

set up the point that Kill Bill doesn’t take place in this world but in a movie world

It’s a good way to describe the overall movie.

The quote for me means that revenge is enjoyed best when pursued slowly and without hassle. That’s why the Bride gets her revenge after 4 long years.

Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan is a classic. Its my personal favorite Star Trek film out of them all. Im not a Trekkie, but I enjoyed the original TV series and some of the Star Trek movies.

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

QT is telling us (the audience) that Kill Bill is not going to be a wussy Revenge film like most of the ones we see. There will be no holding back when The Bride sets out to kill her victims. Revenge should be served cold, with no reservations or remorse.

Its also as Festus said a quote that shows us that Kill Bill takes place in an alternate universe, not the real world. Because there are no Klingons in real life.

Just for the record: Star Trek rules, and Star Wars sucks.

But… I didn’t want to get into that (I imagine I’ll get plenty of complaints).

My personal favorite Star Trek movies were First Contact and Nemesis, but mainly because I really don’t like Bill Shatner.

However, that is neither here nor there. are there still questions as to what the quote means? I think it’s fairly obvious.

[quote]Just for the record:  Star Trek rules, and Star Wars sucks.[/quote]

I agree. George Lucas sucks too.

To add to what everyone says. QT’s basically saying, “Fuck this lame, ‘I’m gonna feel guilty for the innocents harmed due to my revenge’ bullshit. The Bride is going to go through her list and it doesn’t matter how many people she kills or how many innocents she scarrs, she’s going to brutally enjoy every single minute of it.”

sonny chiba’s voice over in the beginning of the movie elaborates on this theme as well i think…it’s the central theme of this particular (and many other) revenge story. revenge can be exacted more efficiently, effectively, and brutally when pursued in a cold, detached, and unemotional way.

the fact that it’s a reference to star trek also serves to remind us that this is a MOVIE movie (as someone else already stated) taking place in an alternate universe, plus it’s a cool pop culture reference—which we all know is QTs specialty…

It couldn’t be that you guys are perhaps looking into this too much, could it?

Maybe it’s just a cool, funny quote to put at the beginning of a movie to describe what’s going to happen.

It’s just that simple.

There will be revenge, and it will be cold.

done deal.

did that quote originally come from Star Trek, because i have heard it used in a bunch of other movies.

Pierre Ambroise Francois Choderios de LaClos (1741-1803) originally said it in French in his 1782 book Les Liasons Dangereuses: "La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid"

I suppose Quentin used it as a joke… since there was another Star Trek reference (Sophie’s dress sense). I don’t know. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Damn O-Ren, you are fuckin smart. I wish I could have had you around to do my homework when I was in college and high school. Nothin finer on a woman than a quick tongue and quick mind.

I beseech you not to heap the praises on me. Nothing like a little research on Google… :wink:

Thanx O-Ren. :wink: